Wiki Posts
Search

TC Handling Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default TC Handling Question

Hi -

I was racing my EVO III Surikarn today on an outdoor unsealed parking lot (highly abrasive). I was using Sorex 36Rs (I think) and treated them with TQ Traction Compound. Also, running a 13.5 brushless and SMC LiPO. The package worked extremely well, however the rear wanted to step out under power coming out of corners.

I tried switching to softer rear springs. It helped a little bit, but the problem was still pretty bad and I had to be gentle getting it around the track. What should I try next?

Thanks in advance,
Khal
Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What is your rear toe in set at? Try 3* if it already isn't there, you could also adjust the front downstops so the front comes up more. Basically try to get more weight transfer to the rear.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
What is your rear toe in set at? Try 3* if it already isn't there, you could also adjust the front downstops so the front comes up more. Basically try to get more weight transfer to the rear.
Thanks. I think my rear toe-in is set at 3.5, but I'm not sure. I'll have to double-check it. Why would that affect rear traction? The front downstops adjustment sounds like a great idea. I'll give that a try. Thx.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I personally never use more than 3 for rear toe, the rear toe in makes the rear more stable. Something else you could try is adding squat to the rear.

Here is a set-up guide from the T3, the concept is the same for all cars though. Just clik the link and scroll to the set-up guide.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ria=0&catName=

Last edited by chensleyrc1; 07-11-2010 at 01:27 PM.