Wiki Posts
Search

Complete Tuning Guide: TC3

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Complete Tuning Guide: TC3

Is this worth buying? any comments? I know its cheap but I dont want to waste money buying junk. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

The TC3 tuning guide is decent but I would recommend getting the Mpowered-racing guide. It goes into much greater detail and it is not not specific to a car. It does cost more than the TC3 guide but in my opinion it is worth the money.

www.mpowered-racing.com

racerdave
Old 07-29-2002, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I bought it. And I have mixed feelings toward it. it you are a beginer to Novice to TC than it is defiantly going to help you alot. The guide does not however cover aspects that a more advanced driver would need, or want. I have been racing for 4 years and I still look at it occasionaly for reminders.
so thats my opion
late
Old 07-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

I've bought both, and the MPowered is the best buy, even though it cost more...
Old 07-29-2002, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

I would buy no tuning guide and just download the tuning guide written by xray for the xray evo2.
Look at the download section and download the PDF file.
I think it's pretty good and it's got good color foto's for illustration.
You can find it here
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=111

Just let me know what you think of it.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Spiller - the problem with the xray guide is that it's, surprise, set up around the xray. The same thing goes, really, for the TC3 guide.

The MPower guide, however, is set up around weight transfer and other general principles that govern the behaviors of any car.

I would recommend the MPower for that reason. If you decide to pick up a TC4 (whenever that happens) or a TA-04 or whatever, the principles remain and they aren't couched in TC3-speak or xray-speak.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:05 PM
Regional Moderator

I heard about that mpowered book. From what I hear it's the way to go. I just downloaded one. Very simple to do.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Would you be so kind as to share that "download" link?
Old 07-29-2002, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

It's =>

Originally posted by racerdave
It does cost more than the TC3 guide but in my opinion it is worth the money.

www.mpowered-racing.com

racerdave
Old 07-30-2002, 04:24 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Boomer
Spiller - the problem with the xray guide is that it's, surprise, set up around the xray. The same thing goes, really, for the TC3 guide.

The MPower guide, however, is set up around weight transfer and other general principles that govern the behaviors of any car.

I would recommend the MPower for that reason. If you decide to pick up a TC4 (whenever that happens) or a TA-04 or whatever, the principles remain and they aren't couched in TC3-speak or xray-speak.
But we are talking about a FREE download of the Xray guide. It may be slanted towards the xray car but it does cover the general principals of car setup.......what do you have to lose??
Old 07-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tuning Guides

The price of these tuning quides is peanuts compared to the investment is RC cars and RC equipment. For about $9 US you can read about what Martin Crisp thinks about tuning, and that's worth it. For about $4 you can read about what Steve Husting from AE thinks about tuning, and that's worth it too. And it's worth downloading Xray's , HPI's, and and any other free tuning quide.

I have four tuning quides I refer to when thinking about changing my chassis set up. Buy them all, dowload all the free ones and use them all, along with your own experience to decide how to make a fast set up for the track you race on.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm

But we are talking about a FREE download of the Xray guide. It may be slanted towards the xray car but it does cover the general principals of car setup.......what do you have to lose??
clarity and concise-ness.

The M-Power guide is less than half the price of the new Wheel of Time book (when it comes out) . . . and I like the way its principles are set out.

I had to interpret the xray's and TC3's guides. I mean, yeah, you can pull out principles from them. I just like a central concise and clear guide that I can consistently pull from. I'm kinda wierd like that. . .
Old 07-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here's a car handling guide...and it's free...
http://gallery.uunet.be/heremanss/
Old 07-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

I have both the TC3 guide and the MPower. I race both a TC3 and a 414. Though the TC3 might seem to be more uhhh user friendly for the TC3, I think the MPower gives alot more info and understanding on what to do for setup. The TC3 guide is rather vague. But it's still worth it if you are just starting out and want to understand more about the TC3.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Here's a car handling guide...and it's free...
http://gallery.uunet.be/heremanss/
Well, that's helpful, if I knew what language it is. . .French? Belgian (from the .be). . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.