Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Last weeks REEDY race after every run I re-tighten the screws cause they keep backing out. Luckily I kept my eye on them cause it did backed out half ways during controlled practice this is on running open MOD.

Originally Posted by burgboyz
On carpet, the "0" and "1"s move a bunch! Noticeable handling difference in a 6 minute run. I thought it was just my rusty driving technique at first and wrote it off for a couple of months. Then frustration crept in with the nagging movement issue.

For a test I rolled around the track at 1/2 throttle for 15 laps and checked them and they were loose!!!

I'm sold on the Dial-a-Grip!!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Running the TC6 on the weekend I could not get out of the corners without doing a 360 Spin. I am running a ball diff at the moment. I had about 4 blokes go over the car and changed it a bit but it was still spinning coming out of the corners. Also the drivetrain is very tight after freeing everything up. Could I get some ideas on what could be my problems.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woozer71
Running the TC6 on the weekend I could not get out of the corners without doing a 360 Spin. I am running a ball diff at the moment. I had about 4 blokes go over the car and changed it a bit but it was still spinning coming out of the corners. Also the drivetrain is very tight after freeing everything up. Could I get some ideas on what could be my problems.
Check your shocks. Mine was doing the same and it turned out the screw holding the piston on came lose.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Please post or PM me your setup.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

tweak and droop settings are very important. I built a 2nd tc6 and the 1st run was like what you are experiencing. Car was tweaked from the get go, which made it impossible to setup droop correctly.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

We have indoor rc track & hobby shop in chino CA.

Spec R Gear Diffs and Universals are in stock.

Click Here to see Spec R products.

Click Here to visit the parts store

Please visit www.tqrcracing.com for more information.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by spring71

How do the Universals fit the TC6?

L.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71

OK,.. now I am little bit confused.

It seems that tqrcracing is the only site claims Spec R gear diff for BD5 can be used for TC6.
Went to check with some LHS, they have no clue about this.

In order to used a Spec R gear diff (meant for BD5) in TC6, do we need an modification?? Can we do it with the original uj???

Please advise.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

if the drivetrain is tight, I'm guessing you have a CVD axle bound up or a bad bearing somewhere.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Did you try to turn down your steering trim, that could be a problem. Over steering will cause spin outs. Also look in to the Spec R gear diff its awsome all you need is a few shims and its good to go.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

I just received my tc6 kit today but i have a little problem with my lowerdeck...

It s a lot tweaked When put my fingers on the front of the lowerdeck, the rear up 2 mm

Tested on a glass, my smokem 416 fx don't have any tweak on it...

This was without any parts fixed on the lowerdeck for both.

Can i do ? warantly ? is it right to have this tweak without parts ?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hobbs
OK,.. now I am little bit confused.

It seems that tqrcracing is the only site claims Spec R gear diff for BD5 can be used for TC6.
Went to check with some LHS, they have no clue about this.

In order to used a Spec R gear diff (meant for BD5) in TC6, do we need an modification?? Can we do it with the original uj???

Please advise.
I believe you need to open up the inside dia of the outdrive or remove material from the end of the bone to get the axles to fit.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

I'm using the Yokomo ger diff and my friend is using Spec-R gear diff all you have to do is just shave off some material inside the outdrive to make room for the CVD end that's all..
Old 06-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Chassis is not tweaked if you use the screws that have numbers on it they are not flushed on the bottom of the chassis that's why use the screws that don't have the numbering on it.
Originally Posted by Manson
I just received my tc6 kit today but i have a little problem with my lowerdeck...

It s a lot tweaked When put my fingers on the front of the lowerdeck, the rear up 2 mm

Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manson

First if you used the stock kit screws they will sit below chassis and make it appear tweaked. Remove and replace, then check the front bumper plastic bracket, that sits a bit low also. If it still rocks then start loosening things up beginning with motor mounts, then top deck and check if it goes back to flat. I really doubt any RC company would take the kit back over this unless the chassis is clearly warped in a free state (nothing screwed to it). I haven't heard of that happening. Good Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.