Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I got no problem with mine xray spur is offset so pinion sits further close the motor so it's not touching the belt..
Old 05-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Finally got my TC6. Has anyone else had issues with the hinge pins? All 4 of my inner ones are slightly bent. I thought it might have been my setup board but I rolled one of my old TC5 hinge pins and it rolled true. The TC6 hinge pins seem to have a rough edge as well where the older TC5 have a nicely bevelled edge.

Are there any tricks to getting zero rebound on the shocks? I've drilled a small hole in the cap but can't seem to get consistent rebound building them the same way I would my TC5 shocks.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spongerX
Finally got my TC6. Has anyone else had issues with the hinge pins? All 4 of my inner ones are slightly bent. I thought it might have been my setup board but I rolled one of my old TC5 hinge pins and it rolled true. The TC6 hinge pins seem to have a rough edge as well where the older TC5 have a nicely bevelled edge.

Are there any tricks to getting zero rebound on the shocks? I've drilled a small hole in the cap but can't seem to get consistent rebound building them the same way I would my TC5 shocks.
As for the shocks I normally put the bladder in at a 45deg angle and then push out the excess oil. I do this until no extra oil comes out, this along with the hole in the cap makes a really dead shock. Also make sure you use a shock pump and ensure that you get all of the air out of the oil.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default PPD Billet Dial-a-Grip Blocks!!

For anyone who's interested (and even you who aren't ), I just wanted to post something "real-world" about the PPD "Dial-a-Grip" blocks.
THEY ARE THE SHeeeT!

I've put several packs through the car with 'em on there and guess what:NO Movement! The way they lock onto the hinge pins and bulkhead makes them far more solid than the stock pieces--and completely adjustable, thankyou very much.

And I swear the car feels more solid too--though some of this is probably just in my head Once they get on the car, the whole "bling factor" takes over (or at least it did in my case!) and rationality gives way to litte-kid enthusiasm

It's gonna take me a while to figure out how to make the most of the adjustments because I've never been able to fine-tune RC, AD, KU, etc. so quick. It's something I can now do trackside!!!

Thanks Kevin at PPD for coming up with something that should have been thought of years ago. I just wonder how long it's gonna be till they get copied...
Maybe you can get a patent or something?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIALED
For anyone who's interested (and even you who aren't ), I just wanted to post something "real-world" about the PPD "Dial-a-Grip" blocks.
THEY ARE THE SHeeeT!

I've put several packs through the car with 'em on there and guess what:NO Movement! The way they lock onto the hinge pins and bulkhead makes them far more solid than the stock pieces--and completely adjustable, thankyou very much.

And I swear the car feels more solid too--though some of this is probably just in my head Once they get on the car, the whole "bling factor" takes over (or at least it did in my case!) and rationality gives way to litte-kid enthusiasm

It's gonna take me a while to figure out how to make the most of the adjustments because I've never been able to fine-tune RC, AD, KU, etc. so quick. It's something I can now do trackside!!!

Thanks Kevin at PPD for coming up with something that should have been thought of years ago. I just wonder how long it's gonna be till they get copied...

It might be copied but never the quality of ppd,kevins products are second to none
Old 05-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIALED
THEY ARE THE SHeeeT!

After spending the entire Memorial weekend at the shop working 12+ hour days running 2 machines knocking more of these out....this kind of satisfaction makes it all worth while....thank you Brett. They are now available along with an optional "2 block" that more then spans the entire AE block range.
They will get copied, but for now ONLY TC6 has this option.
As far as making the most...I'll say take 5 minutes (or less) adjust 1 turn and see what it does, if it's worse try the other direction, now changing the on and off power weight distribution is simple, and fast.

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
It might be copied but never the quality of ppd,kevins products are second to none
Thank you also Warren, we take alot of pride and no shortcuts in making things correctly and doing it once. This makes for happy customers with very little need for "product support"...who wants a phone call while your on the drivers stand.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Whats the '2' block Vern?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Whats the '2' block Vern?
An optional shorter block that goes from AE 1 to 3 in adjustment....just released.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
Does your pinion and spur line up good? Is it necassary to use a slotted spur for the motor screws? Or is ok to use the front and bottom holes?
I've been using the front and bottom screws with no problem. Pretty trick that the TC6 has motor screw options.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

hi there,
i would like to introduce again my tc6,
this time the mounting is well finished and the body has got the right artwork from a serious painter!
I m gonna race 13.5 stock with the car,
and i m using, as you can see, nosram combo stock spec/pearl spec...which is, so far, the best electronics i have ever tryed.
servo is a savox 1251...my favourit servo which i find also not expensive, compared with the performaces.
lipo are the new vampire 6200, 60c...pretty awesome perfomance even there..
everything is cabled by myself trying to do the best..

btw an upgrade is on the way..i m waiting the "screwz" stainless steel screws set...which i do need because some of my kit screws were terrible!

hope you like...

Old 05-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

ordered mine cant wait to get then:
Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Just ordered my second set!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
After spending the entire Memorial weekend at the shop working 12+ hour days running 2 machines knocking more of these out....this kind of satisfaction makes it all worth while....thank you Brett. They are now available along with an optional "2 block" that more then spans the entire AE block range.
They will get copied, but for now ONLY TC6 has this option.
As far as making the most...I'll say take 5 minutes (or less) adjust 1 turn and see what it does, if it's worse try the other direction, now changing the on and off power weight distribution is simple, and fast.

Thank you also Warren, we take alot of pride and no shortcuts in making things correctly and doing it once. This makes for happy customers with very little need for "product support"...who wants a phone call while your on the drivers stand.
Just got mine today, they look great! Can't wait to give it a go.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

got mine today too...they really look great and installed like butter!!! great job kevin!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anybody have any spur gear suggestions? I dont like it when my my gears dont line up. Makes them wear funny or not so funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.