Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beaven
looks sweet,where did you get the battery strap? i havent been able to locate one. i was running mine a little today,kind of a shake down run but there was too much traffic to open it up. have to find a suitable parking lot for that as there are no tracks nearby....

It is sweeeeet pièce! I love it!

It is a top photon part, i bought it here in italy, but i m pretty sure that any shops which sell top photon can have it!
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

T.O.P battery strap...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nt-Strap-Black

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ount-Strap-Red
Old 05-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Did anyone here file the edges of their chassis then CA glue them when they built the car? I'm wondering if there is any need to do this anymore. Thanks.

Ken
Old 05-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks guys,i found it at amainhobbies after i made the post,i just didnt dig deep enough the last time. i didnt glue mine, hope it doesnt shred. i would think that if you hit something hard enough to cause the carbonfiber to seperate it would need replacing anyway.....
Old 05-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Did anyone here file the edges of their chassis then CA glue them when they built the car? I'm wondering if there is any need to do this anymore. Thanks.

Ken
I sure did and recommend it. It seals from moisture and protects from chipping and also can help reduce potential warp. Try good quality clear nail polish. Works great, comes with brush and easy to apply...seals and lasts excellent.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Verndog
I sure did and recommend it. It seals from moisture and protects from chipping and also can help reduce potential warp. Try good quality clear nail polish. Works great, comes with brush and easy to apply...seals and lasts excellent.

i m also using the nail polish...it is way cheaper, easyer and faster than the glue.

and it works very well till now..
Old 05-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Almost done

Just a couple of electronic items and I can wire this puppy up.

Love the open-ended ballcups....the way the swaybars mount up....narrow chassis....the plastics (seems pretty durable)....the battery mount....shocks build up decent....the steering rack....carbide diff balls....ti-buckles...the car as a whole.

My chassis is a tad tweaked w/the bulkheads and top deck on but I can live with that (I hope). My biggest gripe is the anodizing; God awful on my shock bodies and a couple of bulkhead pieces. The car isn't as polished as my Yokes, Tamiyas, or Schuies were but its all good.

I have a few of the PDub Schuie bumpers and modded one. Turned out niiice!!! Overall....can't wait to get a few racedays in
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-viper-tc6.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-viper-tc6-2.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-viper-tc6-4.jpg  

Last edited by JayBee; 05-15-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee

Love the open-ended ballcups....the way the swaybars mount up....narrow chassis....the plastics (seems pretty durable)....the battery mount....shocks build up decent....the steering rack....carbide diff balls....ti-buckles...the car as a whole.

My chassis is a tad tweaked w/the bulkheads and top deck on but I can live with that (I hope). My biggest gripe is the anodizing; God awful on my shock bodies and a couple of bulkhead pieces. The car isn't as polished as my Yokes, Tamiyas, or Schuies were but its all good.

I have a few of the PDub Schuie bumpers and modded one. Turned out niiice!!! Overall....can't wait to get a few racedays in
let me know how much droop you get when finished
Old 05-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Sweet job JayBee!

Got a little trick up my sleeve that nobody else has...and you will like. Hope to get them out by next weekend and send some off to Reedy for the AE boyz!!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
let me know how much droop you get when finished
Mick, I typically build my shocks up @ 62mm long. I have other electronics that I mocked up on the chassis, and my droop is perfect. I went down 1 (gave it a little more droop) on the droop gauge from box-stock.

Sweet job JayBee!

Got a little trick up my sleeve that nobody else has...and you will like. Hope to get them out by next weekend and send some off to Reedy for the AE boyz!!
I should already have it then

Last edited by JayBee; 05-15-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i will do the nail polish trick when i break it down for service i dont see where it could hurt...
Old 05-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Mick, I typically build my shocks up @ 62mm long. I have other electronics that I mocked up on the chassis, and my droop is perfect. I went down 1 (gave it a little more droop) on the droop gauge from box-stock.
Thanks!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Sweet job JayBee!

Don't know what it is...but I want one
Old 05-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by artwork
Don't know what it is...but I want one
If you'll be at Reedy I'll make sure you get a set. PM me info on where someone can reach you there and we'll go from there. Only hitch is to leave feedback here so we can see how testing went. I'll post pics after I fit up.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

If you'll be at Reedy I'll make sure you get a set. PM me info on where someone can reach you there and we'll go from there. Only hitch is to leave feedback here so we can see how testing went. I'll post pics after I fit up.
I will be at Reedy ...sending PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.