Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jha07
Thanks. Am I right to assume you'd need to use a spacer with a fairly large outer diameter to prevent the wheel from wobbling.
There are spacers specifically for TC wheels. It would be best to order a set. TOP and many others make them in different thickness and colors.
Another route would be to get offset hex hubs.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
There are spacers specifically for TC wheels. It would be best to order a set. TOP and many others make them in different thickness and colors.
YoDog,

Are you aware of any dish wheels that have offsets? Seems like they are all 0 offset.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Thanks guys for your help. Any idea of how it would take for the whistle to go away?

YoDog: Where can I find your products at?
You can only get them from here or in person at this time. I only make parts in small quantities as I am doing this on the side where I work. I am lucky enough to have access to a machine shop and we primarily make one off prototypes but since I have been learning CNC Machining, my ideas soon become reality then voila! I'm working on getting something more, for the lack of a better term "legit", together but that takes quite a bit of $$$. I've made parts for other cars however since I am now running the TC6.1, I have incentive to make improvements for myself which can trickle down to making multiples of designs that work.

Anyone can feel free to PM me if there is any interest in the servo mounts or if you want to see some of my other projects. Suggestions are always welcome. Another part has been brought to my attention and I will see if it is possible to make and if there is enough interest, I'll make some of them too.
Obviously I won't get rich doing this but if I can help out my fellow racers and in turn help fund my future projects, I'll keep making stuff.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tonsoffun
YoDog,

Are you aware of any dish wheels that have offsets? Seems like they are all 0 offset.

Thanks!
Most are pretty standard now. you might get lucky with HPI. As I recall, the only wheels that came in different offset were for foam tires. I could be wrong...
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm having trouble finding them. You wouldn't happen to have a part number?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a question about Arm Mount. I noticed a lot of gap in the Arm Mount hole where the hinge pin is insert in them, this also after fews race.
This gap is more or less higher and different for each supply where I buy.
Is normal or not?
The "PPD Billet" is good, but do not have the choice of new offset and not easy to set up.
Any help is appreciated
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jha07
I'm having trouble finding them. You wouldn't happen to have a part number?
Here are some I found on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Works-Alum...item338017ba8a

Probably want to search using TC wheel shim. I'm pretty sure that companies like TOP, 3Racing, and spec-R and so on make shims.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Here are some I found on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Works-Alum...item338017ba8a

Probably want to search using TC wheel shim. I'm pretty sure that companies like TOP, 3Racing, and spec-R and so on make shims.
Thanks.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Last night I noticed some slop in my rear hubs (TC6). It appears that the gap in the control arm is a bit longer than the hub and this allows the hub to move forward/backward within the arm. Are there shims to address this or does it mean the control arm has been "stretched" and needs to be replaced?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Last night I noticed some slop in my rear hubs (TC6). It appears that the gap in the control arm is a bit longer than the hub and this allows the hub to move forward/backward within the arm. Are there shims to address this or does it mean the control arm has been "stretched" and needs to be replaced?
Try drilling a hole and putting a set screw in it. Worked like a charm for me.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Only for the Reflex chassis. that's why I made my own because the stock TC6.1 wasn't getting any love.
YoDog, thanks for the reply. So how do you like the work you did for the floating servo? Is this something thats not too complicated that we can do too? I have a decent workshop at our other property that we use for wood crafts. Drill press, lathe, etc. Im thinking, can I make the holes need with the drill press? Any pics and help is greatly appreciated bud.

Ty.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
YoDog, thanks for the reply. So how do you like the work you did for the floating servo? Is this something thats not too complicated that we can do too? I have a decent workshop at our other property that we use for wood crafts. Drill press, lathe, etc. Im thinking, can I make the holes need with the drill press? Any pics and help is greatly appreciated bud.

Ty.
Not sure how much you consider your free time worth but $20 I would buy Yo dogs mount again. very nicely made and anodized to match.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillPear
Not sure how much you consider your free time worth but $20 I would buy Yo dogs mount again. very nicely made and anodized to match.
$20?!! Hollaaaah! Lol. I'm in! Pics please
Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
$20?!! Hollaaaah! Lol. I'm in! Pics please
Yodog has them scattered throughout a few threads a search will release them or PM him. Otherwise you'll have to wait until this weekend when I have some time to take pics of what he sent me. I'd recomend cutting me the middle man out and going straight to THE man.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillPear
Yodog has them scattered throughout a few threads a search will release them or PM him. Otherwise you'll have to wait until this weekend when I have some time to take pics of what he sent me. I'd recomend cutting me the middle man out and going straight to THE man.
Thanks a bunch Bill! Much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.