Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
It would have to be one hard impact, or the screws come loose.

One solution might be to put a set screw in the blocks to touch the hinge pin. This might keep them from rolling on impact and/or the screw coming loose. The hinge pin is long enought that it shouldn't be able to fall out unless those blocks roll a long way. Maybe they are worn out to much and you just need new blocks. I have never experienced this or heard of theis problem until now so I am just trying to think of options.
I actually struggled with this myself early on when I first got the TC6 a couple of yeas ago. Sure, I hit more stuff than I do now but those plastic shim are too soft and compress very easily. I went so far as to buy a set of the "dial a grip" blocks which did stay in place but I found them a little too complicated. The new TC6.1 offset blocks are much better though.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
I should have clarified...that's NOT a photo of my car. That's just one I grabbed off the Associated website showing the arm mounts. Sorry about that!

My car is not set up the same as the photo. I'm using the "0" mounts with shims.
That makes sense...
Still, the shims reduce the contact area and lend themselves to rotation.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For the plastic shims, ditch them and use the 1/12 scale front ride height shims for the 12R5 series of cars. They're a nice wide washer and come in a few thicknesses. I've done that since almost day one with my TC5, TC5R, TC6, and TC6.1.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

For the plastic shims, ditch them and use the 1/12 scale front ride height shims for the 12R5 series of cars. They're a nice wide washer and come in a few thicknesses. I've done that since almost day one with my TC5, TC5R, TC6, and TC6.1.
+1
Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

My son and I are running our TC6 in USGT. We are very happy with the way it drives. The only continous problem we have are the front arm mounts. Most of the time, if we hit anything, even lightly, the front axle pulls out of the arm mounts. Usually ruining the mounting hole so that the mount has to be replaced.

It doesn't seem to happen on my TC5 as much.

Do you guys experience the same thing with your TC6's? Is there something I can do to help prevent that from happening? Its a cheap fix, so I'd rather have that happen then the arm break or worse, but it just pulls out too easy it seems.

I have never had any backing out issues. I did however used a super long screw if you look at the bulkheads and its been a year and no backing out. I just added the rsd blocks just for giggles even though I never had the holders swing out like you mentioned. I may end up taking them off since im anal about extra weight when running brushed motor.

You can also put a 5-40 nut on the inside and they will never come off
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I use the plastic shims from the kit on all my mounts and have not had a mount rotate on me. I do use threadlock on all the screws, which I think may be the reason I haven't had any problems.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Do you have the part number?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

http://teamassociated.com/parts/details/4617/
Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default That was quick!

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

No problem. Keep in mind that these aren't exactly the same thickness that the plastic ones are, but they are close. Another big benefit to these is that they are repeatable because they don't compress like the plastic ones.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Man, I love these forums! Where else can you get good advice from multiple people who really know what you are talking about and have solved it themselves? Even at the hobby shop you often just get the advice of one person. At the track we are always too busy to do much talking.

Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-associatedchuck.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

No problem. Keep in mind that these aren't exactly the same thickness that the plastic ones are, but they are close. Another big benefit to these is that they are repeatable because they don't compress like the plastic ones.
Right! Thnx , again.

Man, I love these forums! Where else can you get good advice from multiple people who really know what you are talking about and have solved it themselves? Even at the hobby shop you often just get the advice of one person. At the track we are always too busy to do much talking.

Is it me or is that hair piece looking ridiculous on ol' Chuck?!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Right! Thnx , again.

Is it me or is that hair piece looking ridiculous on ol' Chuck?!
You should probably walk up to him and say that
Old 12-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtbboy
You should probably walk up to him and say that
He's too old, now. He's like 70! Don't be fooled by Tv. He only plays an unbeatable tough guy. Plus, he would need an attorney after trying anything remotely physical.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
He's too old, now. He's like 70! Don't be fooled by Tv. He only plays an unbeatable tough guy. Plus, he would need an attorney after trying anything remotely physical.
Have you seen the video of the old white guy beating the crap out of that black guy in frisco? Dont let age fool you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.