Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennisV
The PPDwebsite is the only website selling the Dial-a-grips as far as I know. Maybe try sending a email from another email adres. That can help.
What about team grid???
I am interested in getting a team grid servo mount for tc6... Is team grid website the only place where I can make a purchase???

Btw, has anyone here try the team grid servo mount???
Any good??
Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dennisV
The PPDwebsite is the only website selling the Dial-a-grips as far as I know. Maybe try sending a email from another email adres. That can help.
will try, thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAKE LISZKA
Hey guys I was wondering where I can find PPD Dial-a-Grips for TC6.1. The ppd website seems to be out of stock and doesnt reply to any emails...
Hello Jake.

Sorry if your email possibly got spam filtered and no reply? Right now I believe I'm the only one shipping these. Just sent an order to Australia today in fact. We are out of 2 blocks but still have some 0 blocks. Over built the 0 blocks and are running them down so likely in a couple of weeks we should have both in stock again.

Thanks..
Kevin
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Verndog
Hello Jake.

Sorry if your email possibly got spam filtered and no reply? Right now I believe I'm the only one shipping these. Just sent an order to Australia today in fact. We are out of 2 blocks but still have some 0 blocks. Over built the 0 blocks and are running them down so likely in a couple of weeks we should have both in stock again.

Thanks..
Kevin
To a hobby shop? If yes, which one? Will get onto them shortly...
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know when the Worlds kit will be released?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Does anyone know when the Worlds kit will be released?
I'm guessing around December...
Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Just got myself a second hand tc6 to have a go with.

During my first race meeting I broke the L shaped lipo retainer.

Does anyone make alloy retainers with a Velcro strap??

Saw some X-rays with this system fitted
Old 10-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default TC6.1 TEAM WORLDS KIT

Originally Posted by JAKE LISZKA
I'm guessing around December...
At this moment possibly end of October for the kit and next week for the new chassis.

Cheers Ren
Old 10-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by venom54
next week for the new chassis.

Cheers Ren
If you get any in, ill take one Ren.

Beth.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default TC6.1 TEAM WORLDS KIT

Originally Posted by evochick
If you get any in, ill take one Ren.

Beth.
Hi Beth,

We have an order in for the chassis to arrive late next week. I'll be putting the chassis into the eStore next week as soon as the chassis arrive.

Cheers Ren
Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbs
What about team grid???
I am interested in getting a team grid servo mount for tc6... Is team grid website the only place where I can make a purchase???

Btw, has anyone here try the team grid servo mount???
Any good??
We have quite a few guys running these servo mounts around the world. Don't know if they will post in these forums.

What it will do for your steering is make it more responsive and predictable because the left side of your chassis is not locked down with two servo posts from a servo to prevent it from flexing naturally. Also the servo mount should also work on the new 6.1 worlds narrow chassis.

The floating servo system is working so well, other manufacturers like Yokomo, X Ray are including it now in their latest kits. You will probably see everyone else go that route including AE.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Today I took my car to a paved outdoor track in goldsboro to finally test the car and get some practice in. But since summer ended everyone is racing on the indoor track, so the outdoor track hasnt been used, cleaned or prepped for a while. I swept it best I could and removed most the debris but couldnt get everything. The indoor track was configured for an oval race they have tomorrow. So I had to use the outdoor track.

Traction was a issue. Im not sure if it was the track fully, the car or both. I struggled to get traction and make the car hook. It slid around and drifted, which looked good at the times I had it controlled and could correct it. But other times I spun or smacked the wall. Unfortunately some sections of the track are lined with wood. So my new body is a bit bruised. Luckily I walked away with only a bruised body and a cracked rim. The car suffered no real damage. I had a blast though and it was a good time. I cant complain.

Now for the questions. Is this car naturally tail happy or was it the track surface and my choice of tire? I know how hard the pavement can be on tires so I opted for a hard compound rubber, thinking about wear and endurance. A softer tire would of helped but I dont think it would of fully fixed the problem. Does the tc6 have a tendency to step out and get sideways? If so, will changing rear toe in help much?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrous36
Today I took my car to a paved outdoor track in goldsboro to finally test the car and get some practice in.
Rosewood?

If YES... come on out Sunday for some TC racing on the rug. Every Saturday is oval and every other Sunday is Road Course and this Sunday is one of them.

-Tim S.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by slakr
Rosewood?

If YES... come on out Sunday for some TC racing on the rug. Every Saturday is oval and every other Sunday is Road Course and this Sunday is one of them.

-Tim S.
Yeah. I would like too. Problem is Im in wilmington. Its a nice track but wish something was a little closer. I dont want to drive 2 hrs everytime I want to run the TC. We had a local road track but it closed, everything else in my area is offroad shortcourse or 8th scale buggy.

But I do plan to return for some more practice. You run there often?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Headling
Just got myself a second hand tc6 to have a go with.

During my first race meeting I broke the L shaped lipo retainer.

Does anyone make alloy retainers with a Velcro strap??

Saw some X-rays with this system fitted
I use a Velcro strap which fits the standard battery brace, and it works great, no more messing around with silicone tape.

You can buy the associated battery brace for $4 and a Velcro strap for $2 :
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/parts...arts_p_id=1104

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.