Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
help i cant fine the 3 by 8 bhc bolts that hold the rear boby mount to the tower. are they in a bag. later in the kit. do i need to call ae ? i looked for a few hours
When I built my kit the parts weren't always in the bag that they logically should have been in given the build sequence. They are likely in one of the other bags. None of my parts were missing once I checked all the bags. If not give Associated a call, I hear they are pretty responsive to this stuff. Otherwise run down to the local Sears and pick some up along with a few spares. It will cost less than a buck and you are bound to need an extra eventually. Plus you don't have to wait to finish your car.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

make sure you check in all the bags. some of the steps have parts/screws in different bags so you need to open them all to find what you need.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Does anyone else have issues with busting the front cva bone blade a good amount when using a slipper spool in the car? Do I just have it too tight?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
When I built my kit the parts weren't always in the bag that they logically should have been in given the build sequence. They are likely in one of the other bags. None of my parts were missing once I checked all the bags. If not give Associated a call, I hear they are pretty responsive to this stuff. Otherwise run down to the local Sears and pick some up along with a few spares. It will cost less than a buck and you are bound to need an extra eventually. Plus you don't have to wait to finish your car.
thanks i just pick up some at a main
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
Does anyone else have issues with busting the front cva bone blade a good amount when using a slipper spool in the car? Do I just have it too tight?
These should not break easily with the slipper spool. But they will break if you hit stuff.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

These should not break easily with the slipper spool. But they will break if you hit stuff.
Thats interestng. I have broken them when I havent hit anything at all. I have made sure they are seated on correctly and everything. I assuming no relation to running a 4.5 since I am sure you are running that Rick. When I run the car with a 17.5 no issues at all. I guess I will just need to make sure I have some extras.

Last edited by OnRDPassion; 06-06-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
Thats interestng. I have broken them when I havent hit anything at all. I have made sure they are seated on correctly and everything. I assuming no relation to running a 4.5 since I am sure you are running that Rick. When I run the car with a 17.5 no issues at all. I guess I will just need to make sure I have some extras.
Check your arm spacing at the bulk heads. If your cars too narrow, it wil pinch the CVD blade against the inside of the outdrive when the suspension compresses. 2MM is normal with the TC6. The TC6.1 comes with 2MM offset mounts. I usually run a .5 bulkhead shim with the off set mounts.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Features
Check your arm spacing at the bulk heads. If your cars too narrow, it wil pinch the CVD blade against the inside of the outdrive when the suspension compresses. 2MM is normal with the TC6. The TC6.1 comes with 2MM offset mounts. I usually run a .5 bulkhead shim with the off set mounts.
Hi Mike, out of curiosity are you using the .5 shim due to the binding issue or just because that width works for you? I'm running a tc6 with the +2 offset mounts with no shim and haven't noticed any problems. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Anyone know who makes a 88T 64 pitch spur gear that will fit this car ?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Anyone know who makes a 88T 64 pitch spur gear that will fit this car ?
I've used this one in my TC6 at LH

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spur-Gear-88T

This one will fit also

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spur-Gear-88T
Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Hi Mike, out of curiosity are you using the .5 shim due to the binding issue or just because that width works for you? I'm running a tc6 with the +2 offset mounts with no shim and haven't noticed any problems. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks
No, I like the car a bit wider. Helps with the edgyness. The car has so much steering and this smooths it out, unlike moving the front arms forward. If seen guys running the original arm mounts with too little shimming, causing the blades to wear and the suspension to bind.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just got my tc6.1 kit...
I currently have a sc and buggy but This will be my first onroad car. Should i do any immediate upgrades during the build? I'll be starting off with a revtech 9t motor since that is what i have laying around.

Also, what type of pit items should i have other then tools? I have seen people put tire sauce on their tires in between runs.

From what i have read already i plan on ordering the following
Reflex bladders
Reflex springs

Money is not an issue....but i do not want bling ugrades

Things i have:
Sr300 receiver
Tekin rs pro
Revtech 9t motor
Lightweight body

Btw, my local onroad track is norcal

Last edited by riggidy; 06-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Regional Moderator

+1

Had this issue as well but everything was there.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hello,

Rick, Keven or Juho,

Any setup advice for a huge european tracks ? :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJH5Fh4ArBE

(I've the vertical Ballstud).

Maybe Juho could share his last ETS setup ?

Sébastien.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by riggidy
Just got my tc6.1 kit...
I currently have a sc and buggy but This will be my first onroad car. Should i do any immediate upgrades during the build? I'll be starting off with a revtech 9t motor since that is what i have laying around.

Also, what type of pit items should i have other then tools? I have seen people put tire sauce on their tires in between runs.

From what i have read already i plan on ordering the following
Reflex bladders
Reflex springs

Money is not an issue....but i do not want bling ugrades

Things i have:
Sr300 receiver
Tekin rs pro
Revtech 9t motor
Lightweight body

Btw, my local onroad track is norcal
Reflex makes some really nice stuff. I'd also pick up a set of their shock pistons, fan mount, fan, heavy duty arm mount screws. These are all fairly inexpensive and make working on the car a bit nicer. They also have a chassis conversion which looks good but I haven't tried it yet myself. Tire sauce can be track dependant so see what they are running before buying anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.