Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Small Family of AE touring cars. Fiance's TC3, Son's TC6, My TC6.1
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-2012-04-019518.07.25.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I'm not sure why making the dial-a-grips have another 1mm of offset would make a left and right mount. The offset isn't to change wheelbase, it's to change track width at the hinge pin. The offset is to move the hinge pin outward away from the bulkhead, so you don't have to put so many shims against the bulkhead. Less shims = less bent screws and less block rotation.
I meant track width above. Yes, If I move the hole outbound then it will be off center of the block meaning it cannot be flipped around anymore. That makes a left and right block. The other option is to add thickness on both sides (to keep on center) and add unnecessary weight...not a good choice.

There in no block rotation happening on the dial a grip with or without 1mm additional shim, money back guarantee on that. The block is already +1mm over stock TC6 so 6.1 only requires 1mm shim. And no matter how you slice it you will need a longer screw so bent screw is no difference either way. No front or back / left or right to keep track of, and still 100% compatible with TC6. No changing my mind now, just finishing another 6-8 months supply as we speak.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
Does the kit come with only the 0.9m and 1.1mm or also other thickness?

Which spare parts do I surely have to carry for the TC6.1?

- pinions?
- belts?
- cva blades?

other parts that go bust frequently racing this car?
The things I have broke most often are c-hubs, steering blocks and rear uprights. I'd have an extra set of arms if I were you too. Haven't broken things that often, but those are what I have broken, c-hubs most often).
Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, here is my car at the Colombian Nats, in Bogotá, it was pretty fun we were in a new asphalt track, no more parking lot.....

Old 04-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Verndog
Not sure, this is new info to me. Given that if I offset the pin hole that will now make a left and right mount, or make them thicker overall, and that can run into interference / clearance issues with certain setups....at this point the lesser of all evils is add 1mm shim for 6.1 front applications. There is no durability issue with the dial a grips, unless they are talking about other parts.
There's no need for any changes to the dial-a-grips. The TC6.1 offset mounts are the same as a TC6 mount with a 2mm spacer between the mount and the bulkhead. The track width and wheelbase of the car stays the same.

All AE were trying to do is get rid of all the spacers between the mounts and the bulkheads, to reduce the mount rotation. The downside of the 6.1 mounts are that you can't reduce the front track width, as you're already running with 0 spacers.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicorozog
Hi, here is my car at the Colombian Nats, in Bogotá, it was pretty fun we were in a new asphalt track, no more parking lot.....

i love my tc6s, but i think you might find your caster blocks are on the wrong way round.

i only say this casue i have done the same thing myself 8)

ed
Old 04-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
i love my tc6s, but i think you might find your caster blocks are on the wrong way round.

i only say this casue i have done the same thing myself 8)

ed
LOL most have done this at some point, must have had killer on power steering !!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

-6 degree caster= super aggressive stearing trust me I've done it too
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Servo saver strength

Hey guys, I'm a novice driver and hit stuff often, one of the things that keeps happening to me is that the servo saver will break loose and I lose all steering during a race...I know it protects the servo itself but has anyone experienced this even with slight bumps?

Does tightening the servo saver increase its resistance to breaking loose?
Would it put a strain on my servo if I tightened it too much?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
There's no need for any changes to the dial-a-grips. The TC6.1 offset mounts are the same as a TC6 mount with a 2mm spacer between the mount and the bulkhead. The track width and wheelbase of the car stays the same.

All AE were trying to do is get rid of all the spacers between the mounts and the bulkheads, to reduce the mount rotation. The downside of the 6.1 mounts are that you can't reduce the front track width, as you're already running with 0 spacers.
Thank you, that was the answer I was looking for. So the track width does stay the same, so that means they then shortened the arms the same 2mm amount?

I originally made the dial-a-grips at +1mm because most everyone was running min. 1mm spacer anyway, and it gave additional material to make set screw pin lock have enough threads to reliably hold.

I would agree keeping the same gives more width options as well.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChampRC
Hey guys, I'm a novice driver and hit stuff often, one of the things that keeps happening to me is that the servo saver will break loose and I lose all steering during a race...I know it protects the servo itself but has anyone experienced this even with slight bumps?

Unfortunately the way the servo saver is designed, the nut will tend to loosen when the servo saver flexes. Just reassemble it with a generous application of blue locktite on the nut, and tighten it according to the instructions. Be careful not to get locktite in the bearings.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChampRC

Ditto Steve S's note. With application of a little blue thread-lock to my Servo Saver Nut, it's never fallen off. This with all my family's TC6's (four cars), even my kids' cars, which very freqnently meet the track barriers. The one and only time the servo saver nut has ever fallen off is when I built the first car and forgot to put blue thread lock on the servo saver nut.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

In case you guys missed it, reflex racing is doing the pre-order on the DCJ's now:

http://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com...ER_p_1120.html
Old 04-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JustWill75
-6 degree caster= super aggressive stearing trust me I've done it too

yes!, i was using the setup of Rick Howhart....worked to me, however now i´ve changed to less caster of course! Thanks for the comment!!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A-PLUS CVD Spring Steel for TC6.1

Has anyone used the A-Plus CVD yet are they as good as the ae ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.