Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Does the 6.1 come with 5x10 bearings in hubs as per the manual i downloaded or is this a typo?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Does the 6.1 come with 5x10 bearings in hubs as per the manual i downloaded or is this a typo?
yes the 6.1 comes with 5x10 bearings
Old 02-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jonu
So I just recently purchased one of these and am looking forward to getting it on the track. The only thing slowing me down so far was the lipo battery straps/holder was not in the kit. Currently i'm waiting on it so I can finish assembly. I'm going to be using a Spectrum dx2s with a Spectrum S6070 low profile servo. I will be using a mamba max pro with the castle creations 4 pole 4600kv motor. I'm curious where you guys would start gearing wise on a medium length asphalt course (using the stock 48 pitch spur)?
The car is designed to use strapping tape to hold the battery. A Velcro strap will work as well but tape is perfectly acceptable.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Rick,

on your set up sheet you use putty for the front gear diff. can you tell what type of putty this is?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hey all you TC6 racers, have you signed up to race your TC6 in the modified Sedan Class at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals coming on March 16? Hurry up and register before time runs out! Click here to get signed up.

Click
HERE to see a countdown to the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals
Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The car is designed to use strapping tape to hold the battery. A Velcro strap will work as well but tape is perfectly acceptable.
What i meant was the plastic parts you screw to the chassis were missing. I currently have nothing to strap tape or keep the battery in position at all unless I put slots in the chassis.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

There are slots to fit the strapping tape though. It is thick enough to fit the velcro strap. I use the top racing strap and it fits.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tofuburger
Rick,

on your set up sheet you use putty for the front gear diff. can you tell what type of putty this is?
I use this.

Originally Posted by jonu
What i meant was the plastic parts you screw to the chassis were missing. I currently have nothing to strap tape or keep the battery in position at all unless I put slots in the chassis.
gotcha
Old 02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Shimming motor out.

Hey guys, did anyone have to take those blue spacers and place them on the motor side instead of the motor mount side so that the pinion doesn't hit the belt?

Idk if the flat part of my motor shaft doesn't go in far enough but I actually had to do this to push my motor back alittle bit.

Could this just be an issue with the motor shaft or are there pinion gears that arent so lengthly?

I run a speed passion 17.5 sportsman series motor:
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...assion17-5.jpg

Basically I have the spacers in between the motor and motor mount.
Thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChampRC
Hey guys, did anyone have to take those blue spacers and place them on the motor side instead of the motor mount side so that the pinion doesn't hit the belt?

Idk if the flat part of my motor shaft doesn't go in far enough but I actually had to do this to push my motor back alittle bit.

Could this just be an issue with the motor shaft or are there pinion gears that arent so lengthly?

Thanks
That is going to push the motor, which is one of the heaviest items on the car aside from the batteries, outward away from the chassis centerline.

Companies like AE have done tons of R&D and design/engineering work to get the motor where it is.... I would be very carefuly making a change like that. It is going to change the balance and weight distribution of the car.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChampRC

Thanks
I had the same problem with a RevTech motor. You can use a Dremel to extend the flat on the shaft. Try not to get filings in the bearings.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
piper48

Originally Posted by Steve S
I had the same problem with a RevTech motor. You can use a Dremel to extend the flat on the shaft. Try not to get filings in the bearings.
+1. I run the D3 and that's exactly what I did.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
+1. I run the D3 and that's exactly what I did.
Th gold Trinity pinions seem to fit with no issues, as in no Dremeling required. Every other brand needs the flat spot extended on the rotor.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, this post got passed. If anyone could give their best answer I would appreaciate it

Also I was curious if someone could define what roll centers go in order from lowest to highest

I know the 0 is the longest but when you change holes in the bulkhead which then in that order do they become higher or lower

For instance: 0B, 1B, 2B, etc but when does the 2A and 3A come close to the same as 0B

Hope that makes sense

I just am trying to wrap my head around when to go to A with the higher roll centers from where B is as low as you can go
Old 02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Hi, this post got passed. If anyone could give their best answer I would appreaciate it

Also I was curious if someone could define what roll centers go in order from lowest to highest

I know the 0 is the longest but when you change holes in the bulkhead which then in that order do they become higher or lower

For instance: 0B, 1B, 2B, etc but when does the 2A and 3A come close to the same as 0B

Hope that makes sense

I just am trying to wrap my head around when to go to A with the higher roll centers from where B is as low as you can go
I don't remember the exact measurements, but the very lowest is 0A, and the very highest is 3B.

0A, 1A, 2A, 3A, 0B, 1B, 2B, 3B

The closest 2 mounts in terms of numerical difference are 3A and 0B......The common combination for pro- or anti-dive at the front is these two. I personally like 0B or 3A fronts, and 2B rears.

Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.