Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Can you share with me how you "detweak" the car? Many thanks in advance....
A simpler thing I do to de tweak is put the chassis on droop blocks, release the topdeck screws, feel to make sure the chassis is flat, and re tighten the topdeck. Easy and works well. As mentioned, the alu. screws fit much better, or if you want a cheaper option there are stainless sets available that do the trick as well
Old 01-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
A simpler thing I do to de tweak is put the chassis on droop blocks, release the topdeck screws, feel to make sure the chassis is flat, and re tighten the topdeck. Easy and works well. As mentioned, the alu. screws fit much better, or if you want a cheaper option there are stainless sets available that do the trick as well
But the aluminum screws are BLUE!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default DCJ for TC6.1

Hi all

Was looking at DCJ for the car, and came across ArrowMax, who made one for TCX, not sure if it would fit TC6.1? Anybody have tried them?

http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...roducts_id=459

Many thanks!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warbird
Hi all

Was looking at DCJ for the car, and came across ArrowMax, who made one for TCX, not sure if it would fit TC6.1? Anybody have tried them?

Many thanks!
A friend has been running these in his T3 12' for a week or two with no issues. Since these are made just like the Xray ECS's you will have to open up the c hub even on the 6.1 that has a larger opening than the 6. I just put the HB TCX DCJ's in last week and all you have to do is drill the blades out to 2.5mm. They fit through the c hubs with no work needed. The quality on the HB DCJ's is really really good, on par with the 50+ dollar Xray units. The DCJ's are the easiest way to go IMO.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Installed and tried the solid spool last week, providing better and quicker on power performance over slipper front spool, but added some off power push when entering 180* turns. Currently using -1.5* camber on front & rear. Should I try -2* front camber first to attempt turn in improvement? Thank you for and recommendations.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by VAzRACER
A friend has been running these in his T3 12' for a week or two with no issues. Since these are made just like the Xray ECS's you will have to open up the c hub even on the 6.1 that has a larger opening than the 6. I just put the HB TCX DCJ's in last week and all you have to do is drill the blades out to 2.5mm. They fit through the c hubs with no work needed. The quality on the HB DCJ's is really really good, on par with the 50+ dollar Xray units. The DCJ's are the easiest way to go IMO.
Hi VAz

Thanks for the advise, thats right the c hub opening is quiet small inst it.

Cheers
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warbird
Hi all

Many thanks!

Are these 44 or 46 mm ?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

HI

I would like buy Asso TC6.1 but I was reading yours messages ang i have doubt.
Now I'm use my old X-ray T1FK05. It's very very durable model ang i love its but now i have problem with buying parts for it. I was decided buy new TC6.1 but many people write that they have problem with little tough parts.
Please tell me these parts are really bad? Maybe I should looking for TC6?

sorry for my english
Old 01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michal1226
HI

I would like buy Asso TC6.1 but I was reading yours messages ang i have doubt.
Now I'm use my old X-ray T1FK05. It's very very durable model ang i love its but now i have problem with buying parts for it. I was decided buy new TC6.1 but many people write that they have problem with little tough parts.
Please tell me these parts are really bad? Maybe I should looking for TC6?

sorry for my english
Put it this way - I switched to TC6's after running HB TCX's for a year, simply because the TCX was simply too fragile; the plastics on the car are very hard, and break with very little effort.

Since switching to the TC6, I've broken very little on the car - a few c-hubs, and I think one arm. Other than that, the car has been very solid. I run both 17.5 blinky and 13.5 boosted cars...

For that reason, I'm not looking at upgrading the car to the 6.1 - the last thing I want to do is go back to a car that's way too 'hard'. From looking at the construction of the c-hubs, they look way too fragile, at least for the way I drive I may be able to upgrade some of the parts to 6.1, but keep some of the other parts 6.0; I don't know.

So, here's my opinion - if you don't smack boards at all, go for the 6.1. Otherwise, find a 6.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

do you guys thing tc6.1 have better handling over tc6?
its same shocks and chassis. difference is changed from front slipper spool/rear ball diff to front spool/rear gear diff, arms, sway bars and hinge pin blocks
Old 01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
Put it this way - I switched to TC6's after running HB TCX's for a year, simply because the TCX was simply too fragile; the plastics on the car are very hard, and break with very little effort.

Since switching to the TC6, I've broken very little on the car - a few c-hubs, and I think one arm. Other than that, the car has been very solid. I run both 17.5 blinky and 13.5 boosted cars...

For that reason, I'm not looking at upgrading the car to the 6.1 - the last thing I want to do is go back to a car that's way too 'hard'. From looking at the construction of the c-hubs, they look way too fragile, at least for the way I drive I may be able to upgrade some of the parts to 6.1, but keep some of the other parts 6.0; I don't know.

So, here's my opinion - if you don't smack boards at all, go for the 6.1. Otherwise, find a 6.
This is the solution but I'm afraid that asso finished make parts for TC6 after half year.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlealex
do you guys thing tc6.1 have better handling over tc6?
its same shocks and chassis. difference is changed from front slipper spool/rear ball diff to front spool/rear gear diff, arms, sway bars and hinge pin blocks
The arms make a pretty big difference as they offer different shock positions and add more as well 6 vs 4. I currently have 6.1 arms on my car with regular 6 hubs and steering blocks and the change allowed me to use a suspension setup that was unavailable on the original arm (the "c" shock location on the lower arm).

The offset arm mounts are also nice as the built in 2mm offset allows for setups with less shims which give positive thread engagement without having to use a very long screw. In most cases a shim may not even be needed which increase surface area of the mount to the bulkhead...
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michal1226
This is the solution but I'm afraid that asso finished make parts for TC6 after half year.
Associated will continue to make parts for the TC6 for a long time, so I wouldn't worry about that.

The 6.1 is an incremental upgrade, so most of the parts are the same between the two cars...
Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by AM03GT
The arms make a pretty big difference as they offer different shock positions and add more as well 6 vs 4. I currently have 6.1 arms on my car with regular 6 hubs and steering blocks and the change allowed me to use a suspension setup that was unavailable on the original arm (the "c" shock location on the lower arm).

The offset arm mounts are also nice as the built in 2mm offset allows for setups with less shims which give positive thread engagement without having to use a very long screw. In most cases a shim may not even be needed which increase surface area of the mount to the bulkhead...
Keep in mind the new rear arms are longer and the new rear hubs are offset to make up for it.
If your running new arms with old hubs your trackwidth is going to be pretty wide ( I would be curious to know how wide?)
The old rear hubs will soften the suspension from a leverage standpoint also..........just something to keep in mind when mixing old and new parts.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

i like the offset arm mount idea.

Originally Posted by AM03GT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.