Team Associated TC6 Thread

You're on Page 76 of 687
Go to
  • Quote: Here in the USA.. Stock spec racing with 17.5 racing is getting very popular. You have set your timing to what ever you'd like on the motor. But the ESC has NO Boost, NO advanced timing on the ESCs. So we are running crazy FDR numbers like 3.5-3.9... so in this car.. we have to go to a 90-94 spur with larger pinions.
    Smaller spur/pinion combos work well, too, to achieve the same FDRs. Not always necessary to "Go Bigger". The car will work better, too, with less rotating mass in the primary drive.
  • Hard or Soft plastic
    Hello,

Can anyone confirm if the arms, f/r hubs, steering blocks are the hard or soft plastic. The manual part #'s are for soft, but the parts in my kit feel like they are the harder plastic.

Thanks.
  • Warren, they are hard plastic. I love my car. Can't wait to come run with you guys again.
  • So is anyone running 64P with the car? I found it a bit strange that the TC5 had to run 48P because of gears being stripped. Were any issues resloved for the TC6?
  • I've run nothing but 64p gears on both my TC5 and TC6. Not sure what the issue would be.
  • Quote: I've run nothing but 64p gears on both my TC5 and TC6. Not sure what the issue would be.
    Everyone around here only runs 48P. They said they keep stripping spur gears with 64P in the TC5.
  • hey, useing 68dp with modified and 17,5 stock.
    no problems at all

im useing 103 / 41 for Stock (cause we have a fix max gearing of 5.0)
    and 103/22 modified for most indoor tracks this is good.

greetings
  • Quote: Everyone around here only runs 48P. They said they keep stripping spur gears with 64P in the TC5.
    They are doing something wrong, 48p is more durable but 64p works just fine. My local club as a good mix of people running 48p and 64p.
  • Quote: hey, useing 68dp with modified and 17,5 stock.
    no problems at all

im useing 103 / 41 for Stock (cause we have a fix max gearing of 5.0)
    and 103/22 modified for most indoor tracks this is good.

greetings
    Quote: They are doing something wrong, 48p is more durable but 64p works just fine. My local club as a good mix of people running 48p and 64p.
    Thank you both for your input. The racers we have here are A-main finishers at major events so that's what puzzles me about 64 vs 48. I'll have my 64P ready to go.
  • Quote: Everyone around here only runs 48P. They said they keep stripping spur gears with 64P in the TC5.
    They were using 48 pitch when they made motor mounts that moved the motor in. The orginial TC5 had the motor moved out by a ton. Most of the guys that did this mod didnt tie the motor mount back to the layshaft mount properly causing the gears to strip.
    Un-modified TC5's had no issues.
  • James beat me to it.

So it sounds like everyone in enjoying their time on the track with the new car.

"The Bob" did an awesome job on this one!
  • Quote: James beat me to it.

So it sounds like everyone in enjoying their time on the track with the new car.

I'm very very sneaky, sir. LOL :P
  • some parts released !

Indeed he did! Very impressive!

He did a great job and we want to keep it up to date with constant improvements. if anyone has any option parts suggestions, please let me know.