Team Associated TC6 Thread

You're on Page 657 of 687
Go to
  • Quote:
    On a different note how are those aluminum screws in the top deck and bulkheads holding up? Do you have them on he underside of your car and how do you like your orca motor? 1
    They are Ti screws from Gravity RC. Seem to be fine. Not sure how much lighter they are. With a LW Speed6 I'm at 1380g. Orca seems decent, always trying different motors. Has better bottom end punch than my previous D3.5, and doesn't seem to fade at higher temps.
  • Quote: They are Ti screws from Gravity RC. Seem to be fine. Not sure how much lighter they are. With a LW Speed6 I'm at 1380g. Orca seems decent, always trying different motors. Has better bottom end punch than my previous D3.5, and doesn't seem to fade at higher temps.
    sweet i have one coming are you running the ht rotor or stock? also how do you think alum screws would hold up, im at 1386 but most of the weight to be lost is in the body but id rather put steel screws into the buttom side of the card to add weight there than it up top on my body haha
  • Quote: Does anyone have or know where I can find a setup for VTA for aTC6.1. I run carpet with tight turns and I'm trying to get my car to roll through the turns better. Thanks
    I've always kinda liked the box stock setup for VTA, but I did add a gear diff in front.

    Seems to me that Darkside posted his VTA setup one time, or if you PM him he will send it to you.

    I'm pretty sure I've found some other VTA setups posted in this thread but it would require some searching around.
  • Quote: sweet i have one coming are you running the ht rotor or stock? also how do you think alum screws would hold up, im at 1386 but most of the weight to be lost is in the body but id rather put steel screws into the buttom side of the card to add weight there than it up top on my body haha
    12.5 rotor. Aluminum screws is something up to the individual. I've had them , never had issues. Some guys I know have had nothing but issues with aluminum. Probably wise to run Ti or Steel through high stress areas to prevent busting off screws, especially if the car sees a lot of impacts.
  • Quote: Does anyone have or know where I can find a setup for VTA for aTC6.1. I run carpet with tight turns and I'm trying to get my car to roll through the turns better. Thanks
    This is Myron Kinnard's TC6 setup for VTA. It should get you pretty close.
    Myron Kinnard - TC6 VTA
  • Quote: 12.5 rotor. Aluminum screws is something up to the individual. I've had them , never had issues. Some guys I know have had nothing but issues with aluminum. Probably wise to run Ti or Steel through high stress areas to prevent busting off screws, especially if the car sees a lot of impacts.
    ya i currenty only have them in the plastic portions

    cut like 10grams out of the car just by that so far
  • Quote: This is Myron Kinnard's TC6 setup for VTA. It should get you pretty close.
    Myron Kinnard - TC6 VTA
    thanks, I will give it a try
  • Quote: just the part number no reason
    Not sure that I aggree, if you look at each end, it has a diffrent number. I don't have a picture of the one i have but if you look at the once on amain, you can see the #3 on one and #14 on another. I also know that there are other numbers because I separated the once I have by the number and had about 5 diffrent groups.
  • Quote: Not sure that I aggree, if you look at each end, it has a diffrent number. I don't have a picture of the one i have but if you look at the once on amain, you can see the #3 on one and #14 on another. I also know that there are other numbers because I separated the once I have by the number and had about 5 diffrent groups.
    could be a cavity number. most injection molded parts have more than one part in the mold. something that small is probably around a 24-32 cavity mold.
  • Quote: could be a cavity number. most injection molded parts have more than one part in the mold. something that small is probably around a 24-32 cavity mold.
    Thats exactly right. Theres a total number that they come in and they are just marked out of which one they are. Nothing special.
  • .
  • Just wanted to say thanks to A. Brumblay, R. Hohwart, Evo Chick and some of the others who had mentioned on how to get rid of the slop/(wear and tear) from a full season of racing. I got my slop out of my tc 6.1wc and the car has come back to life for me

    Here's a video of my tc 6.1wc being a very competitive car to a lot of other great manufacturers out in the field. For being a very reasonable priced car....it can win baby

    This was our toys for tots final major race of our season at Norcal Hobbies.
    My car is in tq position. Pink car.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzJ...e_gdata_player

    I know I did some mistakes, but it wasnt the cars fault. I still have much work to do.
    Thanks Jon Johnson for the video, and all the great guys at Norcal Hobbies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzJ...e_gdata_player
  • i have a 6.1wc and was wondering what's a good track width to run F/R for 17.5 blinky and what's the best way to shim, at the arms or hexes thanks in advance
  • Quote: i have a 6.1wc and was wondering what's a good track width to run F/R for 17.5 blinky and what's the best way to shim, at the arms or hexes thanks in advance
    Shim at the arms to get the desired track width but you can use wheel shims to test and fine tune. In the front, use the offset blocks and add up to 1.5mm if needed. In the rear, use the offset blocks for the back mount and the standard block for the forward mount. You can add up to 1mm here as well.
    When at all possible, shim the arms and use the wheel spacers only for a quick adjustment at a race event. IMO
  • Quote: Shim at the arms to get the desired track width but you can use wheel shims to test and fine tune. In the front, use the offset blocks and add up to 1.5mm if needed. In the rear, use the offset blocks for the back mount and the standard block for the forward mount. You can add up to 1mm here as well.
    When at all possible, shim the arms and use the wheel spacers only for a quick adjustment at a race event. IMO
    makes sense but why do you say the measurements is that what makes the car 190 mm?

Similar Threads