R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #9736
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
Pretty much just a Exotek TC6TEK..

My only hope is they've improved the durability of the plastics, like the c hubs
when i raced my 6.1 i didnt have an issue with the durability of the plastic it was a bit sloppy, though but know much i can do about that, i hit the wall several time very hard at full speed, both concrete and the crc click track more so the click track then the wall but i only broke like 2 things on it one was an arm, and the other a c hub, both were because of me hitting the wall very hard
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #9737
Tech Rookie

is it a conversion kit or a new model?
Archilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #9738
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Too much stuff to be a conversion. .. I am pretty sure some stuff could be put on the 6.1 but with the arm mounts the chassis is drilled different.... nothing like a new kit!
TC7|TC6TEK|12R5.2|10R5.1
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #9739
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:

My only hope is they've improved the durability of the plastics, like the c hubs
It looks similar, but the difference is what is important. For one, it has closer bulkhead pick up points, top deck screw holes are are closer together and the layshaft/ motor mounts are different. These are the big things that will make a difference in flex characteristic which was previously unachievable with the TC6 bulkheads.

Add the fact that you have inserts in the suspension blocks and the shock tower screws are finally in the right place and you have this new car that looks really good. Should be a winner.

We have a cad rendering of an "RSD7" that we completed about 6 months ago. In another life we would have released it, but it looks a lot like the TC6.2 so glad to see the pictures of this car.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #9740
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Yup, this reminds me of the exotek conversion especially the suspension mounts.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #9741
Tech Initiate

The latest pics with more detail definitely show its a step forward from the TC6.1 WC, i cannot see anything i would describe as ground breaking though. It follows the same trend as the TRF, Xray, Yokomo TCs.

I am more than happy to stick with my newly converted TC6.1 WC (RSD6 V2 chassis with DJCs and PCM top deck) and see how that goes against the TC6.2 cars in the out door nationals next year. It will be an interesting comparison on track and i will keep you all posted.

Tom
Brooksracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #9742
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 306 (100%+)

Quote:

+1 just stronger c-hubs
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #9743
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 64 vs 48 vs 32

Run my TC6 today for the very first time and it was great. New to on road and it was fun and exciting. The only thing I was concerned with was that I needed to change my spur and my LHS didn't have any Associated 48 pitch spurs on hand so I had to find another brand witch would fit. I settled for a 64 pitch spur with the right diameter and I also had to buy a couple of pinion sizes to play with. Now my question is do I order 48 pitch gear and forget about the what I spent today? With a 17.5 does it really matter what pitch I use as long as the ratio is we're I want to be?m
Losi 22-4 - MMP - Tekin Gen2 5.5 * Losi SCTE - RX8 - Tekin Pro4 4600 * 22SCT - MMP - Tekin Redline Gen2 6.5T * Losi 22B 2.0 - Tekin RS - Novak 8.5T * TC6.2 * TC6.1 VTA * Wraith - CC Sidewinder - HH TorqueMaster 35T * E-max - Rustler - Slash - 1/16 Revo
Adonis_mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #9744
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis_mp View Post
Run my TC6 today for the very first time and it was great. New to on road and it was fun and exciting. The only thing I was concerned with was that I needed to change my spur and my LHS didn't have any Associated 48 pitch spurs on hand so I had to find another brand witch would fit. I settled for a 64 pitch spur with the right diameter and I also had to buy a couple of pinion sizes to play with. Now my question is do I order 48 pitch gear and forget about the what I spent today? With a 17.5 does it really matter what pitch I use as long as the ratio is we're I want to be?m
In 17.5 I always run 64p. It will allow you to finer tune your ratio, so I would just stick with that. The only time I run 48p is in mod.
R Doyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #9745
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 306 (100%+)

Who sales a floating servo conversion?
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #9746
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Who sales a floating servo conversion?
http://www.gridrc.com/Team-GRID-imag...st&category=23
TC7|TC6TEK|12R5.2|10R5.1
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #9747
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
It looks similar, but the difference is what is important. For one, it has closer bulkhead pick up points, top deck screw holes are are closer together and the layshaft/ motor mounts are different. These are the big things that will make a difference in flex characteristic which was previously unachievable with the TC6 bulkheads.

Add the fact that you have inserts in the suspension blocks and the shock tower screws are finally in the right place and you have this new car that looks really good. Should be a winner.

We have a cad rendering of an "RSD7" that we completed about 6 months ago. In another life we would have released it, but it looks a lot like the TC6.2 so glad to see the pictures of this car.
Thanks Cris, always like the observation from one who actually makes the parts that we want I too like that the width of the bulkheads have been made to be narrower. I love that they gone away from the plastic blocks for tow. Obviously a floating servo mount that DOES connect to a dual crank steering....very nice, and the that blocks hold up the spur (dont know what you call it are NOT connected to the top deck! VERY Nice! I never did use those screw holes before, but now you know the cars flex and rotation will be much more consistent during your race. I havent really tried out the lower suspension towers, but havent really heard that they are that much of a significant improvement too (still open on that). As far as CHUBS/c-hubs breaking... Ive had my TC6.1 since the end of Feb of this year (brand new), made the A-main in the REEDY Race 17.5, and I'm still using it right now. Not once have I broken a c-hub. All Ive ever broken were the blades that go on DCJs (thanks Cris, awesome DCJs, and the plastic out drive because I didnt realize I had broken my blades Now I would say that the c-hubs do seem to get a bit on the slop side after some time, but thats bound to happen and its a couple of bucks to replace them. Thanks AE for making a great car even GREATER, and still making it at an affordable price I am definitely getting a pre order in!
R1 Wurks Motors, Batts & Fans! | Tekin RS Gen2 | R1 Wurks Servos | Reflex Racing RSD Upgrades
Michael@USPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #9748
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Still no news on when the tc6.2 will be launched???... sigh...
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #9749
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Still no news on when the tc6.2 will be launched???... sigh...
look for it soon...late Nov early Dec...maybe on the site this week even

http://teamassociated.com/
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #9750
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post

Donít get me wrong, I love my TC6. My chassis is now a TC6 with every .1 part, Reflex hop ups and a exotek chassis with Duel bell crank/floating servo..

When I hopped it up from a TC6 to TC6.1 when I bought Reflex DCJs (which are fantastic!), I never broke one C hub as a TC6, but now its about 1 every other meet or so. And every time there are bubbles in the plastic, I have tried boiling them too but it didnít help.

So, for me, I donít see much point buying a TC6.2 if its just for some slightly revised geometry/extra flex. But if the plastic/bubble issue is sorted itíll be on my xmas list

oddly too, i've never had any issues with the blades on the driveshafts.
HR31 Skyline - 350Kw RB30DET, 1130kg and 255 wide R comp tyres... needs more traction!
Monsta is offline   Reply With Quote