R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #961
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
Maybe interesting who has them next year at SWR
Ed, Dujuan, and myself for sure. I heard talk of others. The main thing thrown out was parts. You can go into 7-11 and get parts for AE. Most currently have HB, Top, and Xray.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #962
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Ed, Dujuan, and myself for sure. I heard talk of others. The main thing thrown out was parts. You can go into 7-11 and get parts for AE. Most currently have HB, Top, and Xray.
I know Ed already has his going and is happy, whenever Lex comes out, and possible myself and a few others. I like my Xray, just like you said with the parts. I can buy a whole front clip for the price of one arm for my Xray. I haven't broke the Xray, but still, I like the look of the TC6 and its rumured to have some steering
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #963
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 167
Default

What Rollcenter you use most?

Greetings
thilo-alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:34 AM   #964
Tech Adept
 
rendcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 199
Default

guys, I have TC6 and now I am looking for the radio and electronic ,

can someone suggest me what are the good one ?
I consider to buy DX3R, is that radio reliable enaugh for touring car ?
rendcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #965
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,226
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Maybe you could narrow the space. Where you wanna drive (Tracksize?). What Power you wanna have in your car. And so on. There are tons of good electronics and motors for all speed and tracks.
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #966
Tech Adept
 
rendcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Maybe you could narrow the space. Where you wanna drive (Tracksize?). What Power you wanna have in your car. And so on. There are tons of good electronics and motors for all speed and tracks.
I just wanna race it at local track around here..
and I wanna race 17.5 class.
any suggestion ?
rendcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:24 AM   #967
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

towerhobbies.......due mid jan.....hmmmm

I knew I should have placed an order when they were available, but didnt think it would take this long for the next order.
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:53 AM   #968
Tech Addict
 
t4mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Try the DX3R radio with a Tekin RS speed control & Novak Ballistic 17.5 motor. Excellent stuff!
__________________
SC10 4X4 Short Course
SC10 FT 2WD Short Course; FT B4.1 +8mm Buggy
FT T4 Dirt Oval
Silva Concepts R50 Oval
Custom Works Dominator; FT TC3 Trans Am
t4mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #969
Tech Adept
 
rendcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4mania View Post
Try the DX3R radio with a Tekin RS speed control & Novak Ballistic 17.5 motor. Excellent stuff!
those are what I am gonna get !
tekin RS for sure, motor I am thinking about either speed passion v3 or redline, is balistic good motor as well ?
what motor do you think is the best ?
so DX3R is good enaugh for touring car, right ?
just to make sure ...
rendcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #970
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendcool View Post
those are what I am gonna get !
tekin RS for sure, motor I am thinking about either speed passion v3 or redline, is balistic good motor as well ?
what motor do you think is the best ?
so DX3R is good enaugh for touring car, right ?
just to make sure ...
The DX3R is an excellent radio and the Tekin RS is the speedo to have in the 17.5 class and you won't be disappointed in the Redline 17.5 There is plenty of set up help in the Tekin thread for the electronics and there is always guys in this thread ready to help with car set up. You're set.....now go have some fun
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #971
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
I know Ed already has his going and is happy, whenever Lex comes out, and possible myself and a few others. I like my Xray, just like you said with the parts. I can buy a whole front clip for the price of one arm for my Xray. I haven't broke the Xray, but still, I like the look of the TC6 and its rumured to have some steering
I didn't want to mention that but yes that car is super expensive. With the TC6's affordable price and parts support I'm looking for club racing to pick back up around here a little more. I could care less about the big races these days. Club racing is where the fun is and it's the regular guys that are buying these products anyways See ya out here once asphalt season starts. I'm playing in the dirt this winter rather than doing carpet.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #972
Tech Adept
 
rendcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
The DX3R is an excellent radio and the Tekin RS is the speedo to have in the 17.5 class and you won't be disappointed in the Redline 17.5 There is plenty of set up help in the Tekin thread for the electronics and there is always guys in this thread ready to help with car set up. You're set.....now go have some fun
right right,,, thanks a lot man ,, I appreciated ..
now I know what to get ,,
rendcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #973
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,938
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendcool View Post
right right,,, thanks a lot man ,, I appreciated ..
now I know what to get ,,
One other thing.....if you go with the DX3R and you have big hands don't get that extra grip that they offer. You will still need some tennis type wrap to widen the grip so save your money and just go straight to the wrap. One racer used a cut piece of firm foam to act as that option grip then used the wrap. Worked out great for him and my lazy butt hasn't done it yet. Sucks having basketball hands and a little radio
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #974
Tech Adept
 
rendcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
One other thing.....if you go with the DX3R and you have big hands don't get that extra grip that they offer. You will still need some tennis type wrap to widen the grip so save your money and just go straight to the wrap. One racer used a cut piece of firm foam to act as that option grip then used the wrap. Worked out great for him and my lazy butt hasn't done it yet. Sucks having basketball hands and a little radio

man ,,, I am not that big ,,, people see me like kid 15 yo ,, but I am not ,,,
and I don't think I need those wrap,
rendcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #975
Tech Addict
 
t4mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Novak Ballistic is the motor to use I think. Plenty of speed & torque on both the bottom & top end.
__________________
SC10 4X4 Short Course
SC10 FT 2WD Short Course; FT B4.1 +8mm Buggy
FT T4 Dirt Oval
Silva Concepts R50 Oval
Custom Works Dominator; FT TC3 Trans Am
t4mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28964 09-01-2017 06:44 AM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:05 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net