R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #9541
Tech Elite
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, i bought a great Tamiya BMW body but the only problem is the foam bumper is too big to fit under the body, do you just trim to foam or are there smaller bumpers or what? Also when i look at the car straight on from the front, it looks like the front spool is tilted and not exactly straight up and down, is this correct? and why do you have to glue that spool, why doesn't it just come as one piece?
__________________
Hot Bodies Racing - Team Pro-Line - Maxy's Fuel - LRP - Trinity
Hobby Hut - Trains N Lanes - Mushroom Bowl - LCRC
Graham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #9542
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
Hey guys, i bought a great Tamiya BMW body but the only problem is the foam bumper is too big to fit under the body, do you just trim to foam or are there smaller bumpers or what? Also when i look at the car straight on from the front, it looks like the front spool is tilted and not exactly straight up and down, is this correct? and why do you have to glue that spool, why doesn't it just come as one piece?
Even some TC bodies don't fit perfectly with the kit bumper. So you can use a Dremel with a sanding drum to contour it to fit perfectly for the body you are using.

It sounds like you have different diff height adjusters installed left and right. There are four different height options available so make sure they match left to right.

Glue the spool?
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #9543
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Even some TC bodies don't fit perfectly with the kit bumper. So you can use a Dremel with a sanding drum to contour it to fit perfectly for the body you are using.

It sounds like you have different diff height adjusters installed left and right. There are four different height options available so make sure they match left to right.

Glue the spool?
He might mean the pulley side plates...
I'm of the understanding that this is for cost savings. A tool to make the spool pulley one piece would be far more complicated and increase tooling costs.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #9544
Tech Elite
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

OK thanks for info on bumper.

As for the heigh adjusters, I do not remember that while doing the build, if it matters I have the FT worlds car.

And, yea that makes sense, but why not make it screw together you know? glue there just seems like a potential weak point but i CA'd pretty good.
__________________
Hot Bodies Racing - Team Pro-Line - Maxy's Fuel - LRP - Trinity
Hobby Hut - Trains N Lanes - Mushroom Bowl - LCRC
Graham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #9545
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
OK thanks for info on bumper.

As for the heigh adjusters, I do not remember that while doing the build, if it matters I have the FT worlds car.

And, yea that makes sense, but why not make it screw together you know? glue there just seems like a potential weak point but i CA'd pretty good.
Regarding the pulley make sure the belt tension is set the same on both sides.
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #9546
Tech Regular
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 371
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
why not make it screw together you know? glue there just seems like a potential weak point but i CA'd pretty good.
I think they did that so they can mold the gear. you cant get the parts to release from the mold tool if it was one piece. I guess CA is plenty strong and lighter than screws. I've never had a problem with mine.
__________________
SaltLakeMini-Z.com, HowFastAreYou.com
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #9547
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

The height/tension adjusters are on all TC6 models. If you put one in upside down the height will be off from side to side. Same goes if you use 1 of the mid height adjusters along with 1 full height adjuster. Make sure they are the same part and installed in the same orientation. Remember, they are also adjusted as mirror images of each other from left to right and vise versa.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #9548
Tech Elite
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys I figured it out, yes I didnt realize you were referring to the tensioners when saying height, Ive never had a belt drive car before.

Next question, what size pinion and what turn motor do you guys suggest for just whipping around the neighborhood for fun, right now have a viper vst 9.5t with a 19t pinion but ordered a set with 16-18-20-22-24-26. viper esc too.
__________________
Hot Bodies Racing - Team Pro-Line - Maxy's Fuel - LRP - Trinity
Hobby Hut - Trains N Lanes - Mushroom Bowl - LCRC
Graham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #9549
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
Thanks guys I figured it out, yes I didnt realize you were referring to the tensioners when saying height, Ive never had a belt drive car before.

Next question, what size pinion and what turn motor do you guys suggest for just whipping around the neighborhood for fun, right now have a viper vst 9.5t with a 19t pinion but ordered a set with 16-18-20-22-24-26. viper esc too.
That setup should do just fine. It will be plenty fast. Start with the 24 tooth pinion, this will put you at 7.25 FDR. Don't use a boosted setup just yet and check your motor temp after about 2-3minutes of horsing around. If it's under 130*F you can either increase pinion size or add some boost/turbo.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #9550
Tech Elite
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Is there somewhere that tells me what settings to use on my ProGauge for onroad "bashing" if thats what you call it? i am not familiar with all the different choices but I bought the viper system used and want to make sure its not set up for something completely different than TC.
__________________
Hot Bodies Racing - Team Pro-Line - Maxy's Fuel - LRP - Trinity
Hobby Hut - Trains N Lanes - Mushroom Bowl - LCRC
Graham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #9551
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
Is there somewhere that tells me what settings to use on my ProGauge for onroad "bashing" if thats what you call it? i am not familiar with all the different choices but I bought the viper system used and want to make sure its not set up for something completely different than TC.
You can likely download the user manual from their website. Once you are familiar with the system, you can make changes. If it has a "blinky" non-boost mode, you should start there.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #9552
Tech Regular
 
flyingm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: flagstaff, az
Posts: 279
Default

Any suggestions on traction compound for asphalt other than a Trinity product?
flyingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #9553
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bendigo
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingm View Post
Any suggestions on traction compound for asphalt other than a Trinity product?
Sweep stuff isn't to bad, but not the best
_______________
Tc6.1 tekin X12 21.5
Tc6.1 WC tekin thunderpower 13.5
onroad racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #9554
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingm View Post
Any suggestions on traction compound for asphalt other than a Trinity product?
Liquid Gravity is pretty good but a tad bit expensive.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #9555
Tech Elite
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,010
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Thanks everyone for your help, finished my build and body painting etc... Looks awesome and she whips but I'm already bored of driving straight on flat ground hahaha good thing I'm into building more than driving, but now im thinking about racing but idk if we have an on road race track near Philly, I'll have to ask around
__________________
Hot Bodies Racing - Team Pro-Line - Maxy's Fuel - LRP - Trinity
Hobby Hut - Trains N Lanes - Mushroom Bowl - LCRC
Graham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13249 01-14-2017 07:34 AM
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28937 01-14-2017 07:26 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 12:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0