Team Associated TC6 Thread

You're on Page 618 of 687
Go to
  • My fellow racers of RC Tech, please re-size your pictures to something a bit smaller than 3000x4000. Just because the camera is 12 megapixels doesn't mean we need them all. You don't even need photoshop, MS Paint will do the trick.
  • Even though it is a little more complicated, it is better to move the servo to the shorty battery side to prevent "wiring mess".
  • Thanks... how about Juho Reedy's setup ?
  • I have a few set up questions, trying to figure out what does what and comparing them to set ups sheets just posted. On Rick H's set up sheet, Norcal is a higher traction surface. What affect does going from 0 to 3 on the arm mounts create? Lower roll center I assume, as you are raising the arms but would like some other input. Contrasting Rick's Norcal to Bob S.'s setup, Bob is running 1 std in front 0 offset in back on the rear arms but added 1.5 mil in shims to the front, going for less toe. What is the difference between offset and std degreewise? Last question, running 1 std in front and 0 offset in back would create antisquat, correct? I usually run offroad so it makes more sense when you want to unlock the rear during onpower. Are there ever cases where you run prosquat Rick? Low traction?
  • Quote: I hope that ESC power cap is firmly mounted to the chassis while you're driving and not just hanging off the side
    Don't worry the cap doesn't move it's fixed to the esc and the servo wires that the other guy said about are inline with the top of the servo and don't move
  • Quote: I have a few set up questions, trying to figure out what does what and comparing them to set ups sheets just posted. On Rick H's set up sheet, Norcal is a higher traction surface. What affect does going from 0 to 3 on the arm mounts create? Lower roll center I assume, as you are raising the arms but would like some other input. Contrasting Rick's Norcal to Bob S.'s setup, Bob is running 1 std in front 0 offset in back on the rear arms but added 1.5 mil in shims to the front, going for less toe. What is the difference between offset and std degreewise? Last question, running 1 std in front and 0 offset in back would create antisquat, correct? I usually run offroad so it makes more sense when you want to unlock the rear during onpower. Are there ever cases where you run prosquat Rick? Low traction?
    As I have problems with this subject as well I looked for help. AE had a very good but short essay in its TC5 manual:

http://www.teamassociated.com/manuals/TC5/

Look on page 26 for answers. How this in the end transfers on your car, track and setup can not be answered in theory. I for myself did test the front axle adjustments in a row and found anti-dive in combination with my setup brings more steering...
  • Quote: got bored today and cleaned up my already clean set up...

Shrink wrapped all solder spots(motor/lipo bullets), shrink wrapped all all wires. shrink wrap clear the lipo Battery, rewired the motor., finished the LRP Radical Fan kit. Installed Tamiya Body Post Adjuster

here is my masterpiece TC6.1 Worlds Car

Thanks for looking
    Thats beautiful!!! Could you please post a parts list? body, wheels ect
  • Quote: Thats beautiful!!! Could you please post a parts list? body, wheels ect
    Thanks man.

AE worlds
    Lrp flow esc
    Novak 25.5 ballistic
    Protek high speed/high voltage servo
    Lrp radical motor fan kit
    Reedy 60c lipo
    Spektrum receiver
    Novak shrink wrap tubes
    Body and wheels car from my hpi sprint 2
    All wires changed to black and soldered
    All solder spots and bullets also shrink wrapped
  • How about the wheel hex? they look very different
  • Quote: As I have problems with this subject as well I looked for help. AE had a very good but short essay in its TC5 manual:

http://www.teamassociated.com/manuals/TC5/

Look on page 26 for answers. How this in the end transfers on your car, track and setup can not be answered in theory. I for myself did test the front axle adjustments in a row and found anti-dive in combination with my setup brings more steering...
    Great bit of info, thanks.
  • Hi all!
    New on this thread. Associated tc6.1 wc on the way, any building suggestions?

Thanks
  • Hi guys, I've been really busy with work and life in general so I have had a bit of a break from making parts.
    Here is a sneak peek at my new 1 piece motor mount for the TC6.1 chassis. It will be lighter and more rigid than the stock setup. it has clearance for can motors and more front to rear adjustment for a wider gearing range.
    As soon as the prototype is complete and tested, I will post a ballpark cost for those who are interested.

Team Associated TC6 Thread-one-piece-motor-mount-tc6x.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-one-piece-motor-mount-tc6x-right.jpg  

• Here is a pic with a motor.
    Note that all 3 mounting holes are accessible regardless of what spur gear is used.

Team Associated TC6 Thread-one-piece-motor-mount-tc6x-motor.jpg  

• Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have a TC6 for sale in the Sydney area, chassis, body, wheels and parts that came with kit + box and instruction manual. Looking for $220 for it.
  • Here are some pics of it