Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does anybody else's car give itself a potoato-chip tweak when they screw in the front motor mounts L-shaped tab? I cant seem to figure mine out such that it wont, so is there any problems with just leaving that mount off?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Wings

Does anyone know what wing works best for the Silva body? I am running the hard plastic wing at the moment. The car comes with 3 wings, 2 lexan and 1 plastic. Looking for the most ground force to keep the rear end from sliding.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default Putty in the diff

I just took the front diff out and it was filled with putty. I would like to salvage it. Does anyone know the easiest way to remove this sticky mess? I started by wadding up the excess in a ball and used the ball to try and grab some of the remaining putty. I was unsuccessful! Hot water on the gears helped but not very well.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had to take the whole thing apart and use carburetor cleaner or motor spray and a toothbrush on each part, it came off pretty quick
Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by HollywoodRC
I just took the front diff out and it was filled with putty. I would like to salvage it. Does anyone know the easiest way to remove this sticky mess? I started by wadding up the excess in a ball and used the ball to try and grab some of the remaining putty. I was unsuccessful! Hot water on the gears helped but not very well.
I bought a used RC once where the previous owner had used diff locking putting and this is what it looked like when I first opened it up:

It took me about an hour of scraping and scrubbing, soaking in acetone and spraying with (non-chlorinated) brake cleaner to eventually end up with this:

Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Yup Bill, That's what it looks like. Well good to know there's hope!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

wear some disposable gloves, that putty will take days to come off your fingers!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YoDog
Just shoot me a PM.
I'll be happy to get you set up... by the way, I have a fresh batch of mounts and cams just about finished.
I'm looking to ship this Friday.
PM sent.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HollywoodRC
As a solvent for cleaning out that mess, I would recommend plastic-safe electric parts cleaner. I would avoid brake cleaner or carburetor cleaner because some of those are very harmful to plastic parts, if not immediately then later by causing crazing, which weakens the parts.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DesertRat
does anybody else's car give itself a potoato-chip tweak when they screw in the front motor mounts L-shaped tab? I cant seem to figure mine out such that it wont, so is there any problems with just leaving that mount off?
from what i read you need to put a .05 shim under the mount to stop the tweak,as you tighten down to the chassis the mount isnt flush causing the tweak,hope that helps
Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys
Ive been racing the tc6.1 for quite a while now and enjoy it alot but decided i want to get tyre additive that i see people put on their tyres before the warmers go on.
My question is can i buy this stop from a overseas online shop? rcmart and amain seem to display a ground or local only message when i try to purchase the stuff i have been recommended. Can i bring this stuff into Australia or i have to find it locally?
cheers
Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys
Ive been racing the tc6.1 for quite a while now and enjoy it alot but decided i want to get tyre additive that i see people put on their tyres before the warmers go on.
My question is can i buy this stop from a overseas online shop? rcmart and amain seem to display a ground or local only message when i try to purchase the stuff i have been recommended. Can i bring this stuff into Australia or i have to find it locally?
cheers
Old 04-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
from what i read you need to put a .05 shim under the mount to stop the tweak,as you tighten down to the chassis the mount isnt flush causing the tweak,hope that helps
I would also recommend tightening the horizontal screws last on that tab and the spur tower.
This will allow all the parts involved to be pulled down flat against the chassis plate first. There is a little wiggle room for the horizontal attachment points which you should take advantage of.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBorchid
Im already yearning for the road course. The closest track to me is Homestead. As you can tell im a newbie and really want to learn more about setting up the car properly. Also the worlds kit manual doesnt have the vertical ballstud bearing caps so my question is are the camber turnbuckles supposed to be the same length as the 6.1 car with ballstuds on the shock tower? Thanks again Yo Dog
Yeah, you want to start with approximately the same length and location as the manual suggests. The thing about the vertical mounts is that you have a finer level of adjustment vs the shock tower design. Many folks go to the new vertical mounts thinking that since it's new, it must be better. The truth is that it's more for the experienced racer that needs such a fine range of adjustment to find the best setup for various tracks and conditions. It's easier to change settings too since an experienced racer will make many changes in a short time to find the sweet spot. I think that the shock tower mount is better for the beginner to intermediate racer since the mounting choices are limited and actually stronger which will be more important for a novice racer such as yourself. Just remember, the length and placement of the camber links are still relevant to the original setup, the new vertical ball stud mounts just provide a wider degree of adjustment possibilities.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AleD123
Hey guys
cheers
Most overseas places wont ship it internationally by air freight because it is highly flamable.

I'm in victoria, so RAB hobbies sells most of the popular additives currently used, it just depends on your preference, as some are more oily (eg. MR33) and take longer to cook into the tires using tire warmers/cookers (35 minutes):

http://www.rabhobbies.com.au/estore/.../cPath/544_561

I personally prefer to the lighter fluids, such as Buggy Grip or GreenDot from trinity to clean and soften the rubber tires, then use Tire Tweak to make them more grippy without the need for tire warmers (air dry naturally):

http://www.trinityrc.net/shop/index....tegory&path=95

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.