R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #8476
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Are the TC6 c-hubs a direct replacement fit on a TC6.1? Also are they a bit stronger than the 6.1 version?

Team Associated TC7 - Hobbywing V3.1 Stock spec -Team Powers Actinium 13.5

http://stmcc-hobart.weebly.com/rcmaker-tas-challenge.html
adriang79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #8477
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriang79 View Post
Are the TC6 c-hubs a direct replacement fit on a TC6.1? Also are they a bit stronger than the 6.1 version?
Some say they are weaker? Tc6 have a better mold but I have snapped 2 rather very easy while rubbing a pipe.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #8478
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
Pete, which setup did you settle on Friday night?
A variant of Juho Levanen's ETS Round 1 setup (on the AE site). It drives flatter off center, carves into turns smoothly, lots of corner speed and predictable even as the traction comes up. It's definitely one of my favorites. I ran 50W diff oil instead of 2K, since we don't have super high grip, and was up .2mm on ride height all around to get it just over 5mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriang79 View Post
Yes, they're a direct fit... may need to file it just slightly if it's not rotating freely in the arm or if the steering knuckle isn't free. People do run them, but I prefer the 6.1 version. I run it with a set screw in the bottom (drill a hole) to pin the hinge pin and tighten it up. It also has a larger driveshaft opening if you want to try DCJs.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #8479
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc pete View Post
A variant of Juho Levanen's ETS Round 1 setup (on the AE site). It drives flatter off center, carves into turns smoothly, lots of corner speed and predictable even as the traction comes up. It's definitely one of my favorites. I ran 50W diff oil instead of 2K, since we don't have super high grip, and was up .2mm on ride height all around to get it just over 5mm.

Yes, they're a direct fit... may need to file it just slightly if it's not rotating freely in the arm or if the steering knuckle isn't free. People do run them, but I prefer the 6.1 version. I run it with a set screw in the bottom (drill a hole) to pin the hinge pin and tighten it up. It also has a larger driveshaft opening if you want to try DCJs.

New 6.1 owner -- what affect does running heavier or lighter oil in the gear diff have ? We run foam tires on carpet -- not high bite usually.

Thx

"I've got 4 on the floor and a fifth under the seat"
TeamGoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #8480
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones Auto View Post
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Finally got the car done, Im siked to race it
Where did you get those sexy HPI mats ???

love it!

"I've got 4 on the floor and a fifth under the seat"
TeamGoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #8481
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Some say they are weaker? Tc6 have a better mold but I have snapped 2 rather very easy while rubbing a pipe.
In my experience they are a little stronger. Scratching pipes and boards is one of the most hard hits you can have. Most times you are accelerating out of the corner when you hit the board with full torque, or a high speeds. The axle then hits the board. Plastic and wood is soft. The axle with its thread penetrates the surface and gets stuck until the full force of the accelerated weight pulls the car out of it with a strong momentum... Even with aluminiumboards the chub has to withstand the brutal impact.

Unfortunately the TC6 chubs create more slackness than the TC6.1 hubs. I ordered aluminium hubs from Zeppin. They should be there in a week. I will report how they perform
Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #8482
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Gents,

I'm selling a Brand New in Box, Factory Team TC 6.1.

TC6.1 Factory Team Kit - BRAND NEW IN BOX

Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #8483
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Daves Motors. DDM
Jones Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #8484
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGoodwrench View Post
New 6.1 owner -- what affect does running heavier or lighter oil in the gear diff have ? We run foam tires on carpet -- not high bite usually.

Thx
A lighter diff oil allows the rear tires to work more independently and is generally smoother into the corner and on power. The rear end follows the front more. With heavier oil the rear end rotates more in corners, both off power and on power coming out of it.

That's to a point... diff oil has to match traction conditions. Too light an oil in higher traction conditions will cause it to diff out and be unstable, and going to heavier oil in that case will lock the rear end in. The TC6.1 diff uses lighter oils than most other diffs to get the same feel. Most setups call for 30-50W.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #8485
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I just built my TC 6.1 do I need to put the sway bars in? Does it make that much of a difference?
phathedrc18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #8486
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It makes a difference. The advantage depends on the grip level of the track and can make up to 4 tenth on a 10s lap on high grip carpet (my personal experience).
Try out which spring/anti roll bar wire combination works best on your track.
You can also use them to easily adjust the carbalance for different conditions/tracks.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #8487
Tech Adept

Ok guys, I need your help. I am getting a TC6.1 Worlds Car very soon. I will be running in the 17.5t blinky class at out local club. The track is approx 60x60 ozite with med to high grip. My question is, What body do you guys recommend? I am torn between the Protoform MazdaSpeed 6 and the LTC-R. My tires will be Sweeps, most likely the EXP EVO 30's. This is my first time running TC rubber tire.
I currently run a TC6.1 FT in VTA and love the car. There are way too many pages to read through and yes I have used the search button on RC Tech it self about the differences between the TC bodies.
Thanks for your help.

Tekno SCT410.3, Team Associated RC10B5M, Airtronics MT-4
Terra Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #8488
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Rover View Post
Ok guys, I need your help. I am getting a TC6.1 Worlds Car very soon. I will be running in the 17.5t blinky class at out local club. The track is approx 60x60 ozite with med to high grip. My question is, What body do you guys recommend? I am torn between the Protoform MazdaSpeed 6 and the LTC-R. My tires will be Sweeps, most likely the EXP EVO 30's. This is my first time running TC rubber tire.
I currently run a TC6.1 FT in VTA and love the car. There are way too many pages to read through and yes I have used the search button on RC Tech it self about the differences between the TC bodies.
Thanks for your help.
I have not run much onroad but I know barry baker and from what he tells me the LTC-R is more aggressive than the mazda speed 6. And on carpet always get the light weight version. If i'm wrong please correct me.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #8489
Tech Initiate

Hi,
I have been looking at the camber link positions used with the vertical mounts. Could someone please tell me the difference between the V3 and V3A positions.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Hmm, light bulb moment! just realised what the answer was

Last edited by mackz; 01-02-2013 at 02:43 AM.
mackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #8490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mystery Belt Tensioner???

I was online, recently, and saw this belt tensioner, that, is installed on the lower chassis and looks like it doubles as a center battery stop. Just can't remember where I saw it or who makes it. Any help guys???

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote