R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #8281
Tech Addict
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys
This is off topic I know however.

Is a 1s motor legal in 2s blinky touring?

Getting smoked by a guy at my track with one.
__________________
Team Associated Reedy factory team driver.
B5M Factory lite $ B44.3 Factory $ TC6.2 $ RC12R 5.1
Reedy 410 Speedos $ Reedy Mach Series motors
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #8282
Tech Fanatic
 
Resqnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
They are both 190mm. No mod. Try speedtechrc.com
Thanks for the info
__________________
WoodyzArt.com custom painted RC bodies
Resqnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #8283
Tech Fanatic
 
Resqnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I would say the tamiya bodies are the most realistic, and will fit.
What store carries these and do they fit with no mods?
__________________
WoodyzArt.com custom painted RC bodies
Resqnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #8284
Tech Master
 
BLKNOTCH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ajax, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH
Default

OK I know I am going to have alot to learn over the next few months as I rejoin the onroad world once again with my TC6.1 but I am wondering if you all could point me in the right direction as a starting point for my VTA adventure as far as gearing goes. I will be running the Tekin Gen2 21.5 motor but no clue as to the gearing I will be using, I am of the understanding I want it to be in the 3.80-4.00 rollout but even this has me lost atm lol but I will get in the game in no time but this little help will be great to get me started.

Thanks
Sean
__________________
HB/HPI Racing | Morgan Fuels | HOBBYWING | Airtronics | REDS Racing | HRP | Hobby Revolution | Team N.E.R.D.
BLKNOTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #8285
Tech Regular
 
KC10Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
OK I know I am going to have alot to learn over the next few months as I rejoin the onroad world once again with my TC6.1 but I am wondering if you all could point me in the right direction as a starting point for my VTA adventure as far as gearing goes. I will be running the Tekin Gen2 21.5 motor but no clue as to the gearing I will be using, I am of the understanding I want it to be in the 3.80-4.00 rollout but even this has me lost atm lol but I will get in the game in no time but this little help will be great to get me started.

Thanks
Sean
That's a good place to start. I'm running a 17.5 motor in mine with the ESC in blinky mode. The spur gear that comes with the car is pretty much for mod classes. I changed mine to a 72 tooth spur. I think the pinion is a 36 tooth. It was right at about a 4.00 gear ratio. Page 29 in the assembly manual has all of the different gear ratios. Use that to pick out your gearing. Look under the 48 pitch gearing. If I were you with a 21.5T motor, I'd probably start with a 75 tooth spur and get yourself a few pinions. 36 tooth, 38 tooth and a 40 tooth should help you fine tune it. If you only want one pinion, get a 38 tooth. Just make sure they're all 48 pitch!
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #8286
Tech Master
 
Mr.juarez's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
OK I know I am going to have alot to learn over the next few months as I rejoin the onroad world once again with my TC6.1 but I am wondering if you all could point me in the right direction as a starting point for my VTA adventure as far as gearing goes. I will be running the Tekin Gen2 21.5 motor but no clue as to the gearing I will be using, I am of the understanding I want it to be in the 3.80-4.00 rollout but even this has me lost atm lol but I will get in the game in no time but this little help will be great to get me started.

Thanks
Sean
Sean since those motors dont have top end you have to gear them tall. Depending on your track you gear it and temps. You will need to switch to 64 pitch to achive extra different ratios to your liking. Say you start with a 64 pitch 96 tooth count and a 47 tooth pinion that will put you at 4.0. 64spur divided by 47 pinion times 2.0 tc6 diff ratio = 4.085 you can play with the endbell timing and try lower or taller gearing. 21.5 or 25.5??
__________________
TRF-417, KYOSHO SCR-SP
Mr.juarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #8287
Tech Master
 
BLKNOTCH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ajax, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH
Default

I will be running 21.5 Tekin Gen2 Redline and it is a Used TC6.1 but I was planning to get new gears since I am running such a slow motor, I have no issue going to 64 pitch and I can also get the needed gears I just didn't want to get them all lol. would staying close to a 4.00 be better then going to a 3.8?
__________________
HB/HPI Racing | Morgan Fuels | HOBBYWING | Airtronics | REDS Racing | HRP | Hobby Revolution | Team N.E.R.D.
BLKNOTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #8288
Tech Adept
 
Terra Rover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Sean since those motors dont have top end you have to gear them tall. Depending on your track you gear it and temps. You will need to switch to 64 pitch to achive extra different ratios to your liking. Say you start with a 64 pitch 96 tooth count and a 47 tooth pinion that will put you at 4.0. 64spur divided by 47 pinion times 2.0 tc6 diff ratio = 4.085 you can play with the endbell timing and try lower or taller gearing. 21.5 or 25.5??
The track Sean will be on is 60x60. The fastest cars on the track run the Novak, Viper and other lower Kv motors.
__________________
Steven "GUNZ" Taylor

Tekno SCT410.3, Team Associated RC10B5M, Airtronics MT-4
Terra Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #8289
Tech Master
 
Mr.juarez's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
I will be running 21.5 Tekin Gen2 Redline and it is a Used TC6.1 but I was planning to get new gears since I am running such a slow motor, I have no issue going to 64 pitch and I can also get the needed gears I just didn't want to get them all lol. would staying close to a 4.00 be better then going to a 3.8?
I prefer 48 as more durable, but the 64 pitch will give you more fine tunning ranges like 4.085, 4.17, 4.26 where as 48 jumps by big increments rather than small. I seems to have good luck with the xray spurs and crc pinions. Have not ruined one in a year and a dusty track.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1314

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1313

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=3456

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=3457

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=3156

This is what I have and are good, but im not sure if when you use 92 spur what is the biggest pinion you can run but I linked the 47 and 48. I think someone posted some about the limits of spur and pinions fitting.
__________________
TRF-417, KYOSHO SCR-SP
Mr.juarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #8290
Tech Addict
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys
This is off topic I know however.

Is a 1s motor legal in 2s blinky touring?

Getting smoked by a guy at my track with one.
__________________
Team Associated Reedy factory team driver.
B5M Factory lite $ B44.3 Factory $ TC6.2 $ RC12R 5.1
Reedy 410 Speedos $ Reedy Mach Series motors
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #8291
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbboy View Post
Hey guys
This is off topic I know however.

Is a 1s motor legal in 2s blinky touring?

Getting smoked by a guy at my track with one.
Hi Dave, as long as its a legal wind stator and a legal size rotor, it would be legal. Most motors are distinguished between a 1s and 2s is based purely on rotor strength. So as long as its of legal size, its legal.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #8292
Tech Regular
 
KC10Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
I will be running 21.5 Tekin Gen2 Redline and it is a Used TC6.1 but I was planning to get new gears since I am running such a slow motor, I have no issue going to 64 pitch and I can also get the needed gears I just didn't want to get them all lol. would staying close to a 4.00 be better then going to a 3.8?
Personally, I'd stick with a 48 pitch for durability. If you're new, you're not going to be able to tell enough difference to fine tune your gear ratio. A 3.8 is going to give you more top end speed and less acceleration. A 4.0 is going to give you more torque to accelerate with but less top end speed. It all depends on your track too. If you have a lot of high speed straights, then maybe the 3.8 would be better. But if there's a lot of hairpin turns or corners where you really have to slow down, then the 4.0 might be better for accelerating out of them. The races aren't usually won on the straight aways anyways. For most situations, I'd say that a 4.00 gear ratio would be a great place to start. Pinions are cheap and easily changed on this car. I'm totally speculating here, but I'm thinking that a 4.00 gear ratio will let your motor run a bit cooler than a 3.80 would.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #8293
Tech Master
 
BLKNOTCH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ajax, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10Chief View Post
Personally, I'd stick with a 48 pitch for durability. If you're new, you're not going to be able to tell enough difference to fine tune your gear ratio. A 3.8 is going to give you more top end speed and less acceleration. A 4.0 is going to give you more torque to accelerate with but less top end speed. It all depends on your track too. If you have a lot of high speed straights, then maybe the 3.8 would be better. But if there's a lot of hairpin turns or corners where you really have to slow down, then the 4.0 might be better for accelerating out of them. The races aren't usually won on the straight aways anyways. For most situations, I'd say that a 4.00 gear ratio would be a great place to start. Pinions are cheap and easily changed on this car. I'm totally speculating here, but I'm thinking that a 4.00 gear ratio will let your motor run a bit cooler than a 3.80 would.
Sounds good I will give that a try, thanks for the input.

Sean
__________________
HB/HPI Racing | Morgan Fuels | HOBBYWING | Airtronics | REDS Racing | HRP | Hobby Revolution | Team N.E.R.D.
BLKNOTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #8294
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: boaz alabama
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

also 64p is about 10x smoother than 48
thrasher05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #8295
Tech Addict
 
beyondthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack
Default

Hey guys, any idea on how to hook up your belcrank to a floating servo mount?
__________________
AE B5R - SC10.2 - Outdoors
AE TC7.1 USGT - INFINITY IF14 - Indoors
LRP - REEDY - FUTABA - IDEAL HOBBIES - RC404
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28961 07-11-2017 01:29 PM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net