R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #8266
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I'v gotten fairly desperate for rear grip in my TC6 so in addition to the 1 degree rear toe insert I put an offset arm mount on the back of the rear arm. It looks like a lot of toe, does anybody know how much that really is?
3.5
jha07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #8267
Tech Master
 
Mr.juarez's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10Chief View Post
It's not there yet because you haven't drilled it! Sorry I'm so useless.
Ahhh he just needs to put some hair around it and the hole will be discovered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
LOL!!
If you gotta ask...maybe power tools ain't your thing.

__________________
TRF-417, KYOSHO SCR-SP
Mr.juarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #8268
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Default Motor and Speed Control?

Ok..I just recently purchased a TC6.x and was wondering what type of motor and speed control you all like that won't cost (together) roughly the price I paid for the car kit?

The track I plan to race on is here in Texas (Porter) called Mike's Hobby Shop

I am wanting to race a 17.5 T motor on asphalt.

I am sure this was answered on an earlier post but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Davinci7_gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #8269
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,650
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinci7_gis View Post
Ok..I just recently purchased a TC6.x and was wondering what type of motor and speed control you all like that won't cost (together) roughly the price I paid for the car kit?

The track I plan to race on is here in Texas (Porter) called Mike's Hobby Shop

I am wanting to race a 17.5 T motor on asphalt.

I am sure this was answered on an earlier post but any help would be greatly appreciated!
I prefer Speed Passion, for the money they are great. Stick with the GT2.0 pro as it is pretty bullet proof and about $100 on the SP USA website.
They have new Revention stuff but I keep reading that people are having a little trouble with the software.
Their motors are pretty good but if you want to be more competitive, go for a D3 based motor a la Revtech and the like.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #8270
Tech Elite
 
DesertRat's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 2,519
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Get a Hobbywing Xerun 120a from Hobbypartz.com. but you have to get the program card at the same time or you'll regret it. 130 bucks for the whole kit, and you have a boosting ESC that will run blinky, on one or two cells.
__________________
I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi, Xti, and Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model, and B4 Buggy.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #8271
Tech Addict
 
beyondthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Ahhh he just needs to put some hair around it and the hole will be discovered!!




Gay. It's alright gentleman I got my answer from the manufacturer. For a minute there I was under the assumption that these forums were created to help people.
__________________
AE B5R - SC10.2 - Outdoors
AE TC7.1 USGT - INFINITY IF14 COMING.... -- Indoors
LRP - REEDY - FUTABA - IDEAL HOBBIES - RC404
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #8272
Tech Regular
 
KC10Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinci7_gis View Post
Ok..I just recently purchased a TC6.x and was wondering what type of motor and speed control you all like that won't cost (together) roughly the price I paid for the car kit?

The track I plan to race on is here in Texas (Porter) called Mike's Hobby Shop

I am wanting to race a 17.5 T motor on asphalt.

I am sure this was answered on an earlier post but any help would be greatly appreciated!
I was in the same boat. I got back into RC racing with a touring car! Not only that, but I got a car for my son as well. So, LOTS of money spent. To save money, I decided to get a cheaper ESC and motor and then upgrade later. My ESC is an 80A LT4 from Brushless Hobbies. They are in Oklahoma City. It's a fantastic speed control. Super easy to program and use. You don't need a programming card like you do with the Hobbywing. It's sensored and you can run boost too. Stan, the owner, is a super nice guy to talk to. Very quick with the replies to any questions I had. $63
http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/LT4-...mer_p_112.html

My motor is a 17.5T Turnigy Trackstar from Hobby King. This motor is great! I can't tell a difference between it and the expensive ones like Reedy, LRP, etc. It works great. $32.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2270KV.html

So, for less than $100, you can have a great setup. I bought mine thinking that I'd just run it until I had another $300 to blow on a Tekin ESC and maybe an LRP motor. But I'm so impressed with my setup, that I'm just going to keep it. My car is fast. I'm always catching people on the straights when I can compare top speed. I won the A-main last weekend in 17.5 blinky against guys that were running the expensive stuff. Several people came to look at my car to see if I had my end bell turned up or something. The throttle is nice and smooth on the ESC and neither one of them get very hot. Even after a 20 minute run.

If you want a great inexpensive battery pack, get the Turnigy Nano-Tech from hobby king as well. I am using 5300mah packs. They now have 6600mah packs that are the same weight as the 5300! I think I paid $30 each for my packs. The 6600s are about $43 if I remember right.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #8273
Tech Regular
 
KC10Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
Gay. It's alright gentleman I got my answer from the manufacturer. For a minute there I was under the assumption that these forums were created to help people.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #8274
Tech Master
 
Mr.juarez's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10Chief View Post
I was in the same boat. I got back into RC racing with a touring car! Not only that, but I got a car for my son as well. So, LOTS of money spent. To save money, I decided to get a cheaper ESC and motor and then upgrade later. My ESC is an 80A LT4 from Brushless Hobbies. They are in Oklahoma City. It's a fantastic speed control. Super easy to program and use. You don't need a programming card like you do with the Hobbywing. It's sensored and you can run boost too. Stan, the owner, is a super nice guy to talk to. Very quick with the replies to any questions I had. $63
http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/LT4-...mer_p_112.html

My motor is a 17.5T Turnigy Trackstar from Hobby King. This motor is great! I can't tell a difference between it and the expensive ones like Reedy, LRP, etc. It works great. $32.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2270KV.html

So, for less than $100, you can have a great setup. I bought mine thinking that I'd just run it until I had another $300 to blow on a Tekin ESC and maybe an LRP motor. But I'm so impressed with my setup, that I'm just going to keep it. My car is fast. I'm always catching people on the straights when I can compare top speed. I won the A-main last weekend in 17.5 blinky against guys that were running the expensive stuff. Several people came to look at my car to see if I had my end bell turned up or something. The throttle is nice and smooth on the ESC and neither one of them get very hot. Even after a 20 minute run.

If you want a great inexpensive battery pack, get the Turnigy Nano-Tech from hobby king as well. I am using 5300mah packs. They now have 6600mah packs that are the same weight as the 5300! I think I paid $30 each for my packs. The 6600s are about $43 if I remember right.

Good info.
I ran that speed control, its great and cheap. Its basically a rebadged hobbywing esc but for half the cost. Also since I run hobbywings xeruns 120 the brushless hobbies has better brakes at low speeds. You can also load the hobbywing software's and even use the tunner card!!! I run all nano techs but after switching to 4000-5300mah they are much lighter and same c. This dropped some noticeable temps in brushed motor in my case.

Kc10chief did you order your conversion yet?
__________________
TRF-417, KYOSHO SCR-SP
Mr.juarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #8275
Tech Regular
 
KC10Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Good info.
I ran that speed control, its great and cheap. Its basically a rebadged hobbywing esc but for half the cost. Also since I run hobbywings xeruns 120 the brushless hobbies has better brakes at low speeds. You can also load the hobbywing software's and even use the tunner card!!! I run all nano techs but after switching to 4000-5300mah they are much lighter and same c. This dropped some noticeable temps in brushed motor in my case.

Kc10chief did you order your conversion yet?
Yes I did! I ordered the 6.2 Evo. Reflex sent me a message saying that there was some sort of problem with their last batch of carbon fiber or something and that they weren't going to ship for a while longer. No biggie. I'm already killin' it with my TC6.1. I love this thing! I never knew on road cars could be so addicting!

I love my ESC as well. I have quite a few runs on it now. Unfortunately, I can only go drive once a week since we only have a club here and not an actual dedicated track. We went out a church gym that has carpet in it. There's about a foot of snow in my street right now. It's not going anywhere until May.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #8276
Tech Fanatic
 
Resqnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default subaru bodies

Any know where I can buy a realistic looking subaru body that will fit my tc6.1?
__________________
WoodyzArt.com custom painted RC bodies
Resqnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #8277
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,954
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resqnu View Post
Any know where I can buy a realistic looking subaru body that will fit my tc6.1?
Two options for you are the RIDE Subaru and HPI/HotBodies Suburu
__________________
TEAMORCA.SHOP
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #8278
Tech Fanatic
 
Resqnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Two options for you are the RIDE Subaru and HPI/HotBodies Suburu
Thanks. Are they 190mm? Do I need to make any mods to run them? Any place you recommend to purchase?
__________________
WoodyzArt.com custom painted RC bodies
Resqnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #8279
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,954
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resqnu View Post
Thanks. Are they 190mm? Do I need to make any mods to run them? Any place you recommend to purchase?
They are both 190mm. No mod. Try speedtechrc.com
__________________
TEAMORCA.SHOP
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #8280
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Two options for you are the RIDE Subaru and HPI/HotBodies Suburu
I would say the tamiya bodies are the most realistic, and will fit.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28952 05-01-2017 04:47 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net