Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
On the 6.1 caster blocks I filed the area where the bushings go, top and bottom. They are not perfectly flat so it raises the bushing up just slightly.
Thanks for the idea....although it is a shame that that would have to be done on a car costing $350.00+
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

I just purchased a new 6.1 kit 2 weeks ago and got 4 sets each of front & rear arms, steering blocks, caster blocks, rear hubs and arm mounts. There are a few stores from HK who have 6.1 parts if you're willing to pay postage.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just picked up a used TC6 and am trying to find some pointers to get it competitive for 17.5T sportsman on carpet.

Are there any must-do upgrades or other things to do to prep the car? Specifically, i'm wondering if it's worth updating anything to tc6.1 components.

I'm reading through the entire post, but it's a lot of information to digest properly!
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
When i put my front end together it has a bind in it at the steering blocks ( they are hard to turn). When i back out both the top ball stud and bottom b/h screw almost all the way then it loosens up.
I have tried washers under each and no change. It appears to me that the c hub bushings are not long enough and the stud and screw head are binding against the hub.
Has any one run in to this problem?
I had the same thing. It was because the c-hub was tight against the steering block, not because the screw / ball were touching the outside surfaces of the C-Hub. So somewhat counter-intuitively, tightening down the screw and ball a bit more compressed the bushings into the steering block just enough to free it up for me.

-Mike
Old 04-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I had the same thing. It was because the c-hub was tight against the steering block, not because the screw / ball were touching the outside surfaces of the C-Hub. So somewhat counter-intuitively, tightening down the screw and ball a bit more compressed the bushings into the steering block just enough to free it up for me.

-Mike
That did not work for me it only served to strip the steering block. What a mistake I made in spending my money on something that has to be modified just to get it to work!!!!!! WHAT A JOKE!@!! Thank You Associated for helping me to waste $350.00+
Old 04-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silencery
I just picked up a used TC6 and am trying to find some pointers to get it competitive for 17.5T sportsman on carpet.

Are there any must-do upgrades or other things to do to prep the car? Specifically, i'm wondering if it's worth updating anything to tc6.1 components.

I'm reading through the entire post, but it's a lot of information to digest properly!

Thanks!
You can be competitive with the tc6 right out of the box, there is no must do up grades. I run mine box stock and have no trouble finding speed or a set up that works. I just flipped my upper deck and put button head screws on it to keep the car from holding a tweak. You can really use any set up on the AE website to get you in the ballpark of the car being competitive by the way.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That did not work for me it only served to strip the steering block. What a mistake I made in spending my money on something that has to be modified just to get it to work!!!!!! WHAT A JOKE!@!! Thank You Associated for helping me to waste $350.00+

Drat, outsmarted by an inanimate object again eh?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You can always use the TC6 Caster blocks. The 6.1 blocks do not need modification, you just don't tighten the ball studs and screws all the way.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by silencery

Thanks!
There is no need to upgrade anything. The TC6 runs really well out of the box. I bought the TC6 a few months back when the TC6.1 just came out. been running it at the club races in the 17.5 blinky class.

You do need to buy shorter upper camber links if you are going to use hole 1 and hole 3, which i am almost certain you will. the kit gives you very long links that only fit hole 7 by default. you'll need the 33mm links for the back and 35mm links for the front.

enjoy your new ride.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Drat, outsmarted by an inanimate object again eh?
Yep sure am, guess i'm just a dumbass.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Bigfeatures p.m.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

hairy, I just got a TC6.1 and when I first built it I had the same problem you are having. After taking the front end apart and rebuilding it I noticed that if you don't get the ball stud or the bottom screw straight in the steering block it will bind. Take a good look this could be the problem... In my opinion I think this is the best car out for the money...
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Well i got bit by the onroad bug again. I have not run asphalt in like 10 years. So what do you guys think would be a good STARTING point for a rubber tire asphalt setup on a big open outdoor track? I am gonna run mod and I am a good driver. So i will not be wrecking this car. I am JUST looking for a starting point. I know I will change stuff for sure. Just curious where to begin? Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dc661
You can be competitive with the tc6 right out of the box, there is no must do up grades. I run mine box stock and have no trouble finding speed or a set up that works. I just flipped my upper deck and put button head screws on it to keep the car from holding a tweak. You can really use any set up on the AE website to get you in the ballpark of the car being competitive by the way.
Originally Posted by gom
There is no need to upgrade anything. The TC6 runs really well out of the box. I bought the TC6 a few months back when the TC6.1 just came out. been running it at the club races in the 17.5 blinky class.

You do need to buy shorter upper camber links if you are going to use hole 1 and hole 3, which i am almost certain you will. the kit gives you very long links that only fit hole 7 by default. you'll need the 33mm links for the back and 35mm links for the front.

enjoy your new ride.
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll be sure to keep em in mind. Flipping the top deck really seems to make sense.

Keep em coming
Old 04-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default RSD6 conversion

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD6-Con...ER_p_1123.html

;-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.