R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #6226
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
Chaz maybe right, it looks like colours correspond to a group of ratio.
Correct, the white/blank fields do not work, or are too tight to use properly!
__________________
Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #6227
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
Very handy!
Thanks.
But do I have to worry about the colours.
I am in the red area.
That would be a "no-go"?
For that line, color shows what should work, the different colors per line is the change in the major number. so if yo have 4.x and change to 3.x he changed that color..

For example 64P and Spur of 94, a pinion range of 44 to 60 should fit. The color change on this line is simply the change in FDR major number change, so he had all 4.x in red and 3.9 in purple, for reference.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #6228
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 772
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
Could you guys please look at this gear chart and advise me if the "red area" is a go or no-go.
IT IS JUST COLOR OF POLE

yes, red can put to wrong but IT WILL WORK

colors shows fdr from 4.00 to 4.99 then next color 5.00 to 5.99

just to see where you are

enjoi


ps: think about android app for this table ..
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #6229
Tech Elite
 
yodace's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Caleb
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Ne1 have a setup for low grip outdoor asphalt ? Also what's the advantage to running a gear in the frnt of the car?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #6230
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 371
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
SpeedPassion 13.5t MMM

At the moment I, as you, don't know for sure what the meaning of the colours is. I thought they are there for a reason. Also because "the red area" in the gear chart is not printed in the gear chart in the manual of the car.

So I hope someone knows for sure. If not, the car is going down the drain and I'm gonna buy me another brand. Most likely the T3'12.
how many cars have you bought in the last 6 months ?, you say the same thing in the serpent 411 thread, here in the tc6 thread, the xray t3 thread, the awesomatrix thread and now back to the tc6

no car will be perfect, just gotta choose one that is closest
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #6231
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default turning at high speed

while just setting up the car i was testing the motor and when turned about 85% the front rattles a bit and becomes louder.... any suffusions

running a lap ssx v2 esc and x12 lrp 10.5

thanks for the information!
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #6232
Tech Apprentice
 
scoot2539's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PITTS,PA
Posts: 53
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
while just setting up the car i was testing the motor and when turned about 85% the front rattles a bit and becomes louder.... any suffusions

running a lap ssx v2 esc and x12 lrp 10.5

thanks for the information!
They all do that, once it's on the ground it go's away.
__________________
Scott Hartman
TEAM ASSOCIATED - AKA - TEKIN - FUTABA
scoot2539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #6233
Tech Elite
 
hairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Good ole' U.S.A.
Posts: 2,323
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just ordered mine!!!!!
__________________
MERLIN RACING
"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"
Logic is a lost art!
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #6234
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,776
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy View Post
Just ordered mine!!!!!
Welcome to the BIG BLUE WRECKING CREW Im working on getting a second one to run 17.5 blinky at hotshots soon.
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #6235
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
Welcome to the BIG BLUE WRECKING CREW
Oh, is that why I tap the boards so much with my TC6.1?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #6236
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 772
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gear Chart

http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php

I just update some info about colour

I can't imagine that someone can think: RED one is BAD! But there is some FDR calculated ...



Red is just a colour ... like another one.

Regards!
m.
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #6237
Tech Elite
 
hairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Good ole' U.S.A.
Posts: 2,323
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWill75 View Post
Welcome to the BIG BLUE WRECKING CREW Im working on getting a second one to run 17.5 blinky at hotshots soon.
what up Big Will?
__________________
MERLIN RACING
"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"
Logic is a lost art!
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #6238
Tech Elite
 
hairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Good ole' U.S.A.
Posts: 2,323
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gear Chart

Look at it a little closer.....each different color represents the range of the gears like 2.00 to 2.99. & 3.0 3.99 you know.
__________________
MERLIN RACING
"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"
Logic is a lost art!
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #6239
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,776
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy View Post
what up Big Will?
What's good Hairy. Hurry up and bring that new TC6 and visit us.
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #6240
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
while just setting up the car i was testing the motor and when turned about 85% the front rattles a bit and becomes louder.... any suffusions

running a lap ssx v2 esc and x12 lrp 10.5

thanks for the information!
Most cars will do that and it has to do something with the driveshafts and how they bend at the joints. Simplest solution would be to lower your EPA percentange on your radio left and right. But that could cause you to lose some steering on certain tracks. All and all I don't feel its really anything to worry about. The CVAs work well and are better than straight dogbones in this matter.

Heres some videos on some solutions.

Xray's "billion" dollar solution lol (ECS drive shafts)...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7S95NcOxug

SpecR's universal..:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jETDv...eature=related
ChampRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28947 03-17-2017 11:30 AM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13249 01-14-2017 06:34 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net