R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #6211
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
I'm running the Kimbrough spurs

I also like the Team Epic 64p pinions
Kimbrough I can get my hands on in Europe.
When using 75 teeth 48DP can I use pinions between 28DP and 36DP?
I mean these values are not in the gear charts in the manual on page 29.

Team Epic 48DP pinions not happening over here. Alternatives?

My starting point needs to be an FDR of 4.5 (not in the gear charts). From there on I got to test for lower or higher FDR.
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #6212
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal View Post
i use rw racing ones, as i found the 3 racing ones too wide and had to sand them down to make it fit.

dont know where to get them o nthe net as i buy them locally here in New Zealand
You means these?
http://www.rc-direct.co.uk/-c-60_169.html

And these pinions would do ok?
http://www.rc-direct.co.uk/-c-60_50.html
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #6213
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
Kimbrough I can get my hands on in Europe.
When using 75 teeth 48DP can I use pinions between 28DP and 36DP?
I mean these values are not in the gear charts in the manual on page 29.

Team Epic 48DP pinions not happening over here. Alternatives?

My starting point needs to be an FDR of 4.5 (not in the gear charts). From there on I got to test for lower or higher FDR.
Give this a look at: Gear Combos
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #6214
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Give this a look at: Gear Combos
Very handy!
Thanks.
But do I have to worry about the colours.
I am in the red area.
That would be a "no-go"?

Last edited by Kensei; 03-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #6215
Tech Regular
 
WillD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Barrie, ON, Canada
Posts: 407
Default

The Kawada spurs are also a perfect fit.........i'm running a 70t 48p Kawada on mine
WillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #6216
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 382
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
thats them!

Ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #6217
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
Very handy!
Thanks.
But do I have to worry about the colours.
I am in the red area.
That would be a "no-go"?
Could you guys please look at this gear chart and advise me if the "red area" is a go or no-go.
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:48 AM   #6218
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
Could you guys please look at this gear chart and advise me if the "red area" is a go or no-go.
I think the colours have no meaning, although it depends on the motor you use of course.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:54 AM   #6219
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 546
Default

double post. sorry
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #6220
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
I think the colours have no meaning, although it depends on the motor you use of course.
SpeedPassion 13.5t MMM

At the moment I, as you, don't know for sure what the meaning of the colours is. I thought they are there for a reason. Also because "the red area" in the gear chart is not printed in the gear chart in the manual of the car.

So I hope someone knows for sure. If not, the car is going down the drain and I'm gonna buy me another brand. Most likely the T3'12.
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #6221
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,020
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
SpeedPassion 13.5t MMM

At the moment I, as you, don't know for sure what the meaning of the colours is. I thought they are there for a reason. Also because "the red area" in the gear chart is not printed in the gear chart in the manual of the car.

So I hope someone knows for sure. If not, the car is going down the drain and I'm gonna buy me another brand. Most likely the T3'12.
I think the colors just correspond to the first number in the overall gear ratio until it gets to 7 and above where they are grouped together. In this case the red section covers ratios 4.0-4.98.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #6222
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What spurs fit 6.1 so you can still get to motor mounts

I am just starting to get into racing at my local club (only raced once) and have to run 21.5 motor and blinking speedy. I am building a 6.1 kit at the moment but have been told the kit gear ratio is wrong for 21.5 What would be the correct pinion and spur sizes?
I have tried to put a 64 T spur and a 36 t pinion but I now i can't get to the motor mount screw as the spur covers the mounting screw hole on the motor.
Anyone had this problem before? I can't find much on this issue.

Thanks
hermet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #6223
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermet View Post
I am just starting to get into racing at my local club (only raced once) and have to run 21.5 motor and blinking speedy. I am building a 6.1 kit at the moment but have been told the kit gear ratio is wrong for 21.5 What would be the correct pinion and spur sizes?
I have tried to put a 64 T spur and a 36 t pinion but I now i can't get to the motor mount screw as the spur covers the mounting screw hole on the motor.
Anyone had this problem before? I can't find much on this issue.

Thanks
Look at the gearchart above.
You can see that 64 spur and 36 pinion is not an option.
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 AM   #6224
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
I think the colors just correspond to the first number in the overall gear ratio until it gets to 7 and above where they are grouped together. In this case the red section covers ratios 4.0-4.98.
Chaz maybe right, it looks like colours correspond to a group of ratio.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #6225
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermet View Post
I am just starting to get into racing at my local club (only raced once) and have to run 21.5 motor and blinking speedy. I am building a 6.1 kit at the moment but have been told the kit gear ratio is wrong for 21.5 What would be the correct pinion and spur sizes?
I have tried to put a 64 T spur and a 36 t pinion but I now i can't get to the motor mount screw as the spur covers the mounting screw hole on the motor.
Anyone had this problem before? I can't find much on this issue.

Thanks
I think the biggest you could run is 100/53, to give you a 3.84? (around what we gear for 21.5 here). To be safe pick up a 96 so you can go taller on the gearing if you need. The TC6 has 3 motor mount holes, so even if you don't have a spur with access holes you can use 2 screws. For mod motors I use all three!
__________________
Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28975 10-20-2017 10:40 AM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net