R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #6181
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Spur/Pinion Set-ups

Hey guys running a 17.5t LRP motor need to grab some set ups as far as spur/pinion wanted to get an idea of what some of you are running..


Thanks

Daryl
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #6182
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Can the shock bottom cap o-ring be purchased without the bottom cap?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #6183
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Can the shock bottom cap o-ring be purchased without the bottom cap?
Or just the size of the o ring?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #6184
Tech Adept
 
VAzRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Can the shock bottom cap o-ring be purchased without the bottom cap?


http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext
__________________
Reflex Racing / Psycho Cells
VAzRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #6185
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAzRACER View Post
Thank you!!
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #6186
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,879
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Hey guys running a 17.5t LRP motor need to grab some set ups as far as spur/pinion wanted to get an idea of what some of you are running..


Thanks

Daryl
45/96 3 dots....watch temps......
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated REEDY Powered
JConcepts TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #6187
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default good look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
45/96 3 dots....watch temps......
thanks for the info!
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #6188
Tech Apprentice
 
d2dap636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Hey guys running a 17.5t LRP motor need to grab some set ups as far as spur/pinion wanted to get an idea of what some of you are running..


Thanks

Daryl
51/96 , adjust timing after checking temps.
__________________
Shut the door Brian, you're letting out all the stink! E-Revo Brushless Edition, Kyosho Inferno VE race spec, Losi Speed nt, Jammin SCRT 10, Team Associated TC3 VTA, Team Associated FT TC6
d2dap636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #6189
Tech Regular
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Hey guys running a 17.5t LRP motor need to grab some set ups as far as spur/pinion wanted to get an idea of what some of you are running..
Thanks
Daryl
Set mine up for my initial outing with 47/96 which is about 4.0 FDR as per recomendations from the guys at the track. I have a LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC running in Blinky mode 0,0,0,0. And an LRP X12 17.5 motor with 4 dot timing. I do have a fan on both the ESC and Motor.

Car ran great and motor and ESC were good temps. The motor was about 150* or less after a full run. The ESC wasnt even warm near as I could tell.

Now I need some help.

I used the kit setup found in the back of the manual to set up the car for my maiden race and while it was better than anything else I've ever driven I did have to adjust the setup a bit. I was running Sweep EXP 30's on carpet and sauced with Paragon Ground Effects full on rear and 1/4 on front. I was getting some traction roll. I think the tires were too grippy and didnt sauce the fronts, just the rears after first run. Still a little tippy so I cambered in both front and rear a little. Still tippy so I put the blue springs on front. Still tippy. Put silver springs on back. It helped but still not quite confident going into sweeper at WOT. So I'm thinking I need to change some things. Like tires maybe or my setup a bit. Car had tons of steering off power and pulled good on power. Car was easier to drive for me on throttle (like 1/2 to full) all the time rather than on and off throttle like I usually do.

Any ideas of some changes I could make to the setup to help?
__________________
SaltLakeMini-Z.com, HowFastAreYou.com
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #6190
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
Set mine up for my initial outing with 47/96 which is about 4.0 FDR as per recomendations from the guys at the track. I have a LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC running in Blinky mode 0,0,0,0. And an LRP X12 17.5 motor with 4 dot timing. I do have a fan on both the ESC and Motor.

Car ran great and motor and ESC were good temps. The motor was about 150* or less after a full run. The ESC wasnt even warm near as I could tell.

Now I need some help.

I used the kit setup found in the back of the manual to set up the car for my maiden race and while it was better than anything else I've ever driven I did have to adjust the setup a bit. I was running Sweep EXP 30's on carpet and sauced with Paragon Ground Effects full on rear and 1/4 on front. I was getting some traction roll. I think the tires were too grippy and didnt sauce the fronts, just the rears after first run. Still a little tippy so I cambered in both front and rear a little. Still tippy so I put the blue springs on front. Still tippy. Put silver springs on back. It helped but still not quite confident going into sweeper at WOT. So I'm thinking I need to change some things. Like tires maybe or my setup a bit. Car had tons of steering off power and pulled good on power. Car was easier to drive for me on throttle (like 1/2 to full) all the time rather than on and off throttle like I usually do.

Any ideas of some changes I could make to the setup to help?
What body are you using? lightweight?
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #6191
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
Set mine up for my initial outing with 47/96 which is about 4.0 FDR as per recomendations from the guys at the track. I have a LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC running in Blinky mode 0,0,0,0. And an LRP X12 17.5 motor with 4 dot timing. I do have a fan on both the ESC and Motor.

Car ran great and motor and ESC were good temps. The motor was about 150* or less after a full run. The ESC wasnt even warm near as I could tell.

Now I need some help.

I used the kit setup found in the back of the manual to set up the car for my maiden race and while it was better than anything else I've ever driven I did have to adjust the setup a bit. I was running Sweep EXP 30's on carpet and sauced with Paragon Ground Effects full on rear and 1/4 on front. I was getting some traction roll. I think the tires were too grippy and didnt sauce the fronts, just the rears after first run. Still a little tippy so I cambered in both front and rear a little. Still tippy so I put the blue springs on front. Still tippy. Put silver springs on back. It helped but still not quite confident going into sweeper at WOT. So I'm thinking I need to change some things. Like tires maybe or my setup a bit. Car had tons of steering off power and pulled good on power. Car was easier to drive for me on throttle (like 1/2 to full) all the time rather than on and off throttle like I usually do.

Any ideas of some changes I could make to the setup to help?
Thank you for the info, now i also know what blink modes is as well! lmao

Im heading to the hobby store today to grab some pinion gears...so i guess a run of 45-47-49-51 should be a good line up to begin with?
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #6192
Tech Regular
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Thank you for the info, now i also know what blink modes is as well! lmao

Im heading to the hobby store today to grab some pinion gears...so i guess a run of 45-47-49-51 should be a good line up to begin with?
Yes, that should give you a good range. I forgot to say it but should have stated this is for 64 pitch gears in case you didnt already plan on that.
__________________
SaltLakeMini-Z.com, HowFastAreYou.com
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #6193
Tech Regular
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
What body are you using? lightweight?
I think its the regualr weight LTCR I bought it used. I also bought a new LTCR regular weight to paint at a later date. I might get the Mazda 6 at some point as I heard it was good for the TC6 on carpet.
__________________
SaltLakeMini-Z.com, HowFastAreYou.com
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #6194
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,787
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default gear diff?

I'm trying to learn how to tune a gear diff. I'm using a Associated gear diff in the rear and spool on the front of my TC6 that I'm running in VTA on a Med to high grip carpet track. I want to know is better to run 30wt shock oil or1000wt diff lube. Now I don't know if there's a big difference in brand gear diffs but I'm the only Tc6 at my track everything else is Xray, Serpent, Tamiya and Sakura. Most of the other racers are telling me 30wt shock oil won't work or it will leak out because its to thin.

Thanx for the help Team Associated.
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #6195
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
I think its the regualr weight LTCR I bought it used. I also bought a new LTCR regular weight to paint at a later date. I might get the Mazda 6 at some point as I heard it was good for the TC6 on carpet.
A lightweight body is going to make a huge difference especially if you are having problems traction rolling. Softer springs will help too. Green rear/silver front if you have not tried this combo.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28975 10-20-2017 10:40 AM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:35 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net