R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-06-2010, 01:43 AM   #571
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john h View Post
Picked up my tc6 from Trackside RC in Brisbane yesterday and put most of it together last night.
My thoughts on the new car, check you have diff thrust washers in your kit before you leave the hobby shop, cause there was none in my kit, Jeff from Trackside reported the same with his kit as well, also disappointing was no shock oil and diff greases.

The car went together very well, the new shocks are very easy to build, the piston is now held on by a screw instead of a clip, they were easy to remove any air and get the rebound right.
Diffs are the same except for steel out drives, disappointing to still see that alloy nut which you have to insert into the plastic t-nut.
There's a place to put your transponder in the front bumper now, so overall I can't wait to get some electrics in it and drive, o the tc5 body fits on the posts ok but haven't check with wheels on.
I should be picking mine up from Trackside RC in Adelaide either Tuesday or Wednesday (with luck starting to test on Thursday at Littlehampton), I'll be sure to mention something to Daly. Are they the same size as the TC5 ones? I've got plenty for the TC5 as spare.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #572
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter79rs View Post
I should be picking mine up from Trackside RC in Adelaide either Tuesday or Wednesday (with luck starting to test on Thursday at Littlehampton), I'll be sure to mention something to Daly. Are they the same size as the TC5 ones? I've got plenty for the TC5 as spare.
Yes Scooter79rs same as tc5, a few other things the front hubs are upside down compared to the tc5 and you can change the spur without removing the upper deck by rolling off the front belt at the front diff, remove the 2 screws which hold the spur hub and pull up through the hole in the deck, then unhook the belts.
While we're talking spur it's now mounted between to alloy plates with the drive pulleys pushed onto them, no backlash like the tc5 and lighter as the shaft doesn't spin, the bearings are push into the plastic drive pulleys the shaft is screwed the 2 small bulk heads.

The electrics are all in now so I'll be able to take it for a run tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #573
Tech Master

Oh cool, cheers for that!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #574
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven H View Post
Hi,

Just so you guys know the Setup I used at the Timezone GrandPrix few weeks ago has been posted to associateds website (www.rc10.com) and it is very similar to the Setup I used this past week end to win the 2010 Halloween Classic. The main difference, is that I used 5 wt lighter shock oil, and a silver spring up front. Both were on solaris tires but that setup works very well on other tires too.

If you guys have any question just PM me or post on here and I will try my best to answer ! Just thought I would post here so you guys have a starting setup for when the kit arrives.
Now that the car is out there I wanted to make sure guys were seeing this.
Kevens setup is great.
I have at least 60 runs on my car in the last few weeks and have tried a ton of set up stuff.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #575
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Kevens setup is great.
I have at least 60 runs on my car in the last few weeks and have tried a ton of set up stuff.
Interesting;
When I will receive my TC6 can I ask you your setups?
Thanks AE Drivers for the support.
Sidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #576
Tech Master

Just a curious question has any of the current drivers with the TC6 tried running the kit setup on low bite asphalt with rubber tyres?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #577
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Kevens setup is great.
Agreed, Kevins setup, Is very good! 2nd day at the track and i was very happy with it. Last week i had a few issues, but that was the mech. working on the car and also got a bad set of tires. Today was a blast, looking foward to racing again tommorow.
I have been out of touring car for several years, lastly running foam tires. This car is FUN TO DRIVE!! Great job Bob. (AE)
Old 11-08-2010, 05:37 AM   #578
Tech Fanatic

tc6 in my hands right now.... sweet as cant wait to do the build... looks like the rest of the world is missing out as oz got some of the first stock.. Yeah yeah.....
I will let you know what I come up with.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #579
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfo80 View Post
tc6 in my hands right now.... sweet as cant wait to do the build... looks like the rest of the world is missing out as oz got some of the first stock.. Yeah yeah.....
I will let you know what I come up with.
I'm hoping that I'll be picking mine up today *fingers crossed* If I do today will be building a car and working
Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #580
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter79rs View Post
I'm hoping that I'll be picking mine up today *fingers crossed* If I do today will be building a car and working
yeah yeah I hope you get yours today mate... look forward to your posts.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #581
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfo80 View Post
yeah yeah I hope you get yours today mate... look forward to your posts.
I'm getting it tomorrow now, thanks to that missing diff part that the guys mentioned about. But my local Trackside R/C said to ship it to them anyway, just looks like I'll be pulling an all nighter to get the car ready Thursday (I don't work Thursdays )

But I will try and take some decent photos during the build I think my 11-22mm f2.8 will get some very nice shots.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #582
Tech Addict

I highly recommend Kevens setup from the Halloween race. It is by far the best setup any of us have had in a long time.

Mike
Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #583
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I guess Horizon decided they don't want to sell the kit or parts as they have removed the TC6 and TC6 parts they had listed from their website. I'm sure a clerical error but that's funny. Hopefully they didn't loose all their dealers' pre-orders.

tc6 by pjk77, on Flickr
Old 11-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #584
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Asc and horizon no longer play together.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #585
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammdrew View Post
Asc and horizon no longer play together.
Team Associated will no longer be distributed by Horizon Hobbies. I would ask your lhs where they get their Associated stuff from because they can't get it from Horizon anymore.

TC6, Top Photon, B4.1, SC10 FT, Orion Motors and Servos, Tekin RS
AeRacer805 is offline   Reply With Quote