R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #5146
piper48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
My M3x8 screw from the bottom that conects the C hub to the steering block always gets loose. How to fix it? I lost screws on both sides at once. I have changed my steering blocks too.
Back off 1/2 to 1 thread from full tight? At least that's what I wold do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #5147
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,555
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper48 View Post
Back off 1/2 to 1 thread from full tight? At least that's what I wold do.
+1, sneak up on it and check every run.

PS, Merry Christmas buddy!
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:13 AM   #5148
Tech Apprentice
 
mesa80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sarasota FL
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i use the hot bodies hexes they are expensive but when i up graded my tc6 used two there and two on the 6.1 beacuse came in 4 pack
mesa80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #5149
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 929
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know which bottom spring cups will work with yokomo springs. Stock are to small
eddie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #5150
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,769
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Use the Yokomo plastic spring cups for the BD5.

Or, just run RSD springs :P
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #5151
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

Just got 6.1, want to understand the rear toe combination related to rear hub insert, sus mount shim thickness. Is there a chart showing what I need? thx
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #5152
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
Just got 6.1, want to understand the rear toe combination related to rear hub insert, sus mount shim thickness. Is there a chart showing what I need? thx
ioxqq,

I would recommend starting out with the zero degree hub inserts for most conditions.

Every 0.85 mm of shimming different between the front and rear produces 1 degree of toe in.

Generally, I like running 3 degrees of toe in on the rear, and to produce this I would recommend starting out with either 0.5 mm shim in the front and 3.0 mm in the rear or 1.0 mm in the front and 3.5 mm in the rear ...both of these will yeild approximately 3 degrees of rear toe in.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- P1 BRAND -- TUNING HAUS -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #5153
Tech Regular
 
durtbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: planet X in a distant galaxy
Posts: 361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
ioxqq,

I would recommend starting out with the zero degree hub inserts for most conditions.

Every 0.85 mm of shimming different between the front and rear produces 1 degree of toe in.

Generally, I like running 3 degrees of toe in on the rear, and to produce this I would recommend starting out with either 0.5 mm shim in the front and 3.0 mm in the rear or 1.0 mm in the front and 3.5 mm in the rear ...both of these will yeild approximately 3 degrees of rear toe in.

Hope this helps!
The new #31361 offset arm mounts already add 2mm of spacing so you would only need to add 0.5-1.5mm of washers to get the desired rear toe in. Correct?
__________________
AW HELL RICKEY, I WAS HIGH WHEN I SAID THAT!
durtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #5154
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtbag View Post
The new #31361 offset arm mounts already add 2mm of spacing so you would only need to add 0.5-1.5mm of washers to get the desired rear toe in. Correct?
Yeah, the amount of desired toe in will dictate how much spacing you would need with an offset supsension mount in the rear-rear... I wouldn't recommend using an offset mount for the front-rear mount.

Maybe to be a little bit more clear:

Difference in spacing in front-rear toe in

0 0
0.5 0.58
0.75 0.88
0.85 1.0
1.0 1.17

...and you should be able to extrapolate further from here.

<<Sorry I can't seem to get it to format nicely >>
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- P1 BRAND -- TUNING HAUS -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL

Last edited by Steve Weiss; 12-26-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: trying to correct format issues :(
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #5155
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,977
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Gear diff

question on the gear diff assembly

what will be difference in building the gear with only 2 inner gears (small ones) instead of 4 inner.

p.s.....the gear diff from the Kit does not seal properly....one of gear halves is not true (warped from manufacturing). I've reduced the leaking but will probably have to RTV it.
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #5156
Tech Regular
 
durtbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: planet X in a distant galaxy
Posts: 361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
question on the gear diff assembly

what will be difference in building the gear with only 2 inner gears (small ones) instead of 4 inner.

p.s.....the gear diff from the Kit does not seal properly....one of gear halves is not true (warped from manufacturing). I've reduced the leaking but will probably have to RTV it.
Yeah, I've been in contact with AE about the defective case halves.......they just blew me off. Not likely to purchase anymore of their stuff, crappy customer service.
__________________
AW HELL RICKEY, I WAS HIGH WHEN I SAID THAT!
durtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #5157
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,879
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtbag View Post
Yeah, I've been in contact with AE about the defective case halves.......they just blew me off. Not likely to purchase anymore of their stuff, crappy customer service.
Who did you talk to at AE? That is the 1st time I've ever heard of such a thing
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated REEDY Powered
JConcepts TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #5158
Tech Regular
 
durtbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: planet X in a distant galaxy
Posts: 361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Who did you talk to at AE? That is the 1st time I've ever heard of such a thing
Donald Natale
Team Associated/Associated Electrics Inc.
Senior Dealer, OEM & Customer Support
26021 Commercentre Dr.
Lake Forest, CA 92630
949-544-7500 xt 2124 phone
949-544-7501 fax
__________________
AW HELL RICKEY, I WAS HIGH WHEN I SAID THAT!
durtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #5159
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtbag View Post
The new #31361 offset arm mounts already add 2mm of spacing so you would only need to add 0.5-1.5mm of washers to get the desired rear toe in. Correct?
If I am not totally wrong the new offsets add 2,5mm. At least thats what I measured on my TC6.1 Kit. Used the Standard arm mount rear front and the offset rear rear, this gives me 3 Rear Toe measured with the Hudy Setup Station.

edit : using the 0 degree inserts
FrankH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #5160
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

Steve Weiss, thanks.

I'm using default setting.

0 deg insert
rear front block no shim
rear rear block with offset no shim

This should give me 3 deg on the tow in.

If I want to be 3.5 rear toe? Add a 0.5mm shim on rear rear?

I really hope the is a chart showing all the combinations.
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28961 07-11-2017 01:29 PM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net