R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #4861
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Why don't you ask Associated instead? He just did what he needed to do to make the car straight, he wasn't being an apologist for bad workmanship.
don't need to Its not my problem. But I can assure you if I EVER had one of my XRAY kits do this to me I wouldn't stop making phone calls till I had Martin Hudy himself on the line making it right. I wouldn't be using plumbing washers from True Value to straighten my car out. The industry gets away with stuff like this because people don't call them out on their flaws
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #4862
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin View Post
And may I ask? Do you think that is acceptable workmanship on AE's part? Why should you have to jury a 400 dollar kit to make it work properly?
Ive been building and racing RC cars since the mid 90s... Ive built my fair share kits and I can count on one hand the number of kits that didn't have at least one or two small quirks that required modification or tweaking in some way.

Associated makes great cars. But their strong suit is in the engineering and design, not necessarily the production quality control. When you buy one of the cheaper TCs on the market, you don't expect top-of-the-line quality. Associated makes cars for those people who want a car that can win without having to pay out the nose for it. You don't pay Associated money and expect Xray quality.

Im thrilled that you like your Xray. And Im thrilled that you feel entitled enough to complain about such minor problem until it is rectified for you. Some people don't mind fixing little things like this themselves... and would prefer to do so, rather than complaining about something that could easily be explained by small variances in manufacturing tolerances.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #4863
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Im thrilled that you like your Xray. And Im thrilled that you feel entitled enough to complain about such minor problem until it is rectified for you.
Your damn right I feel entitled to. I paid 500.00 dollars for a box of graphite and plastic. And you should feel entitled too. 400.00 is not a cheap price to pay for a kit either. I personally think Xray is nuts for what they charge for a kit. But i really like Orange Once you start to settle for little things the bigger they will become. Associated is a leader in this industry and should be held to producing a quality product for you and everyone else that spends their hard earned money.

Happy Holidays
Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #4864
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My TC6 has a had a tweaked chassis from day one. Still drives better than my perfectly straight TC5.
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #4865
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbulb View Post
My TC6 has a had a tweaked chassis from day one. Still drives better than my perfectly straight TC5.
I don't doubt that one bit
Old 11-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #4866
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HVFracingwilly

Quote:

That is a very useful post thank you for your contribution!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #4867
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TC6 gear diffs

Hi Guys,

Associated TC6 Gear diffs came back into stock today. More arriving tomorrow, too.

Happy Holidays,
Jeff
Old 11-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #4868
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
don't need to Its not my problem. But I can assure you if I EVER had one of my XRAY kits do this to me I wouldn't stop making phone calls till I had Martin Hudy himself on the line making it right. I wouldn't be using plumbing washers from True Value to straighten my car out. The industry gets away with stuff like this because people don't call them out on their flaws
It isn't your problem yet you feel compelled to keep shouting from your soapbox. But thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your diligence in bringing tweak free chassis to the world is a real favor to all mankind.

Happy Holidays, you are making the world a better place one toy car at a time.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #4869
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
. Your diligence in bringing tweak free chassis to the world is a real favor to all mankind. .
Why thank you i feel compelled to do so since AE can't. Now if you will excuse me I have to run to Lowes to get some parts for my Tmaxx
Old 11-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #4870
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly View Post
That is a very useful post thank you for your contribution!
And thank you for your contribution of your useful post pointing out my still more useful post.
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #4871
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HVFracingwilly

Quote:
And thank you for your contribution of your useful post pointing out my still more useful post.
To continue on with the useful posts about useful posts. I wish to thank you again for your very useful post about my useful post.

I honestly must say im feeling pretty useless with all my useful post that I have been making.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #4872
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Your damn right I feel entitled to. I paid 500.00 dollars for a box of graphite and plastic. And you should feel entitled too. 400.00 is not a cheap price to pay for a kit either. I personally think Xray is nuts for what they charge for a kit. But i really like Orange Once you start to settle for little things the bigger they will become. Associated is a leader in this industry and should be held to producing a quality product for you and everyone else that spends their hard earned money.

Quote:
Why thank you i feel compelled to do so since AE can't. Now if you will excuse me I have to run to Lowes to get some parts for my Tmaxx
Im not sure if youve been following this thread, but everyone who had a legitimate issue with their TC6 was taken care of by AE... quite promptly at that.

But no... I don't feel entitled. Working in an industry that mass produces products, I understand how things like the above mentioned top deck can occur. It is easier for me to pull 8 washers out of my parts bin than to call Associated demanding a replacement top deck because mine doesnt line up. Im comfortable knowing that if I had a problem that I could not fix in 2mins using something from my tool box, Associated would take care of me.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #4873
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly View Post
To continue on with the useful posts about useful posts. I wish to thank you again for your very useful post about my useful post.

I honestly must say im feeling pretty useless with all my useful post that I have been making.

All this usefulness is quite inspiring. I think Im gonna go make some Red Velvet cupcakes.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #4874
Tech Fanatic

Smile

hi guys may i get any set up for tc6 to race on carpet track if anybody know about it please let me know thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Im not sure if youve been following this thread, but everyone who had a legitimate issue with their TC6 was taken care of by AE... quite promptly at that.

But no... I don't feel entitled. Working in an industry that mass produces products, I understand how things like the above mentioned top deck can occur. It is easier for me to pull 8 washers out of my parts bin than to call Associated demanding a replacement top deck because mine doesnt line up. Im comfortable knowing that if I had a problem that I could not fix in 2mins using something from my tool box, Associated would take care of me.
manny021803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #4875
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

has anyone tried the Associated Gear Diff yet???
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote