R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #4756
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Thanks for posting that Rick.

Quick question... I notice your setup is using 2A/2A front and 3A/3A rear arm mounts. From the setups posted on the AE site, this seems to be the lowest roll center Ive seen you guys use.

Is this due to the new suspension pieces/design? Or due to the fact that you guys are running the short front camber link now? Or maybe the C lower shock position on the front?

Just trying to get a feel for how the setup is changing... Thanks.
This is just something I started with to play around with and it worked well. I previously used my typical TC6 setup "converted" to the new car and it worked equally well. With a new car we are trying some new things that may or may not be better in the long run but are more in line with what other cars use. The object is to make the car easier to drive fast for the majority of the drivers using it.

Juho's ATS setup shows 3A all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I'm looking into the 31368 CVA bone. I used standard TC6 bones so this may be a duplicate number and not required.
OK the new bone is slightly different. It has a slightly smaller diameter to reduce weight and is .5mm shorter to accommodate the new spool. However with most setups the shorter bone is not required so you can continue to use the TC6 bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
Hi Rick

I see that the new parts are not available before January? is this for world release? and is this not too early to have them on site yet if the release date is right?
I think that this is a safe estimate. Usually parts come before kits so I believe they will really be here in December with the kits.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #4757
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Thanks for all the up to date info Rick!
Old 11-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #4758
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rick,on the TC6.1 it says the shocks have an increased stroke for more up-travel is this a new body(hard anodized alum) and shaft? or one or the other?
asmazure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #4759
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmazure View Post
Rick,on the TC6.1 it says the shocks have an increased stroke for more up-travel is this a new body(hard anodized alum) and shaft? or one or the other?
It is the exact same text as it was in TC6, are the features of VCS3 shocks.

The TC6 includes the Factory Team VCS3 shock package that features hard-anodized threaded shock bodies with bottom-loaded seals. The VCS3 shocks are super smooth and have an increased stroke for more up-travel at the wheels, all adding up to more consistent overall traction.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #4760
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
looking at the manual, the bottom of the shock now has a turnbuckle eyelet on it now instead of the older ball cup style ones

ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #4761
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
It is the exact same text as it was in TC6, are the features of VCS3 shocks.

The TC6 includes the Factory Team VCS3 shock package that features hard-anodized threaded shock bodies with bottom-loaded seals. The VCS3 shocks are super smooth and have an increased stroke for more up-travel at the wheels, all adding up to more consistent overall traction.
Thats what i thought myself, The other thing that had me wondering was the hard anodized bodies. It shows the replacement bodies as nylon and when i built mine i thought they were plastic.Unless someone has developed a process to hard anodize plastic....
asmazure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #4762
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to sandsurfer

per each manual tc6 and tc6.1 the only difference in the shocks is that the 6.1 uses p/n31305 turnbuckle eyelet and the 6 uses p/n 31249 ball cup. All other p/n's are the same.
sandsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #4763
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had to switch to the turnbuckle eyelets to get droop settings below 5.5mm with my TC6 anyway....
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #4764
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

And yet...... I still like my tc5x.....
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #4765
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Thats what i thought myself, The other thing that had me wondering was the hard anodized bodies. It shows the replacement bodies as nylon and when i built mine i thought they were plastic.Unless someone has developed a process to hard anodize plastic....
Uhh no, they are aluminum I can assure you. They just look plastic due to the glossy anodizing.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #4766
Tech Regular

This may have already been answered but i bought my TC6 right around the day they said they were releasing the new spool and gear diff. I bought the car and ordered the new spool and gear diff. Im still waiting on the diff and spool btw.

Are they, the new spool and gear diff, gonna work with the my TC6? Do i have to get any new parts to work with them?

Thanks

Drew
wcalaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #4767
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcalaker View Post
This may have already been answered but i bought my TC6 right around the day they said they were releasing the new spool and gear diff. I bought the car and ordered the new spool and gear diff. Im still waiting on the diff and spool btw.

Are they, the new spool and gear diff, gonna work with the my TC6? Do i have to get any new parts to work with them?

Thanks

Drew
The spool and gear diff should drop right into your TC6 without any extra parts!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #4768
Tech Regular

Thanks

Guess i should have waited another month for the 6.1 haha. Not worried. Im glad to see them moving forward and making improvements to the car.

I just got mine running last week and got to say i love it. Out of the box it was almost perfectly balanced. I threw it on the carpet and was pretty much dialed. Had ton of grip, ton of steering. I need more motor but im still learning the car. Im only .7 sec off some of the fastest guys and i havent had one full battery pack of testing yet. Im very happy with this car and only look forward to some of the improvements i see.

Drew
wcalaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #4769
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

what's the story with the new spool? Is it solid, unlike the current slipper pad design?
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #4770
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
what's the story with the new spool? Is it solid, unlike the current slipper pad design?
Yea its a solid style spool with plastic cups. If I'm not mistaken its lighter then the slipper spool.

K
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote