R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #4741
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
I don't know why so many people are harping about the new 6.1 coming out now that they just bought the TC6. This kit has been out for well over a year and it's due for an update. If you are late getting on board that's your problem. It's just that the TC6 is finally getting the recognition it deserves and now a bunch of wafflers are just now deciding to move to Associated. Most of us have been waiting patiently for these updates and now they are finally here. Embrace the revision and move forward. Don't forget the TC6 is a very competitive as it is and there are plenty of aftermarket parts available to make it even better. Now you have the option of getting improvements from the OEM.
I'm sure that AE will be assembling an upgrade kit in due time with all the needed parts to rev up to the 6.1 at a much better price than buying everything alacarte.
Well said!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #4742
Tech Addict

I fully understand recently TC6 owners, but if you think for a bit, if you had purchased any other brand available in the market you would be crying even more your investment. The platform is mostly the same and TC6 is a very good performer car, you don't have to worry, give one month of racing in TC6 and you will be more than happy. I have a friend here who bought 2 kits last month and is not worried because is more than happy with the cars and if he wants to upgrade is not the same as buying new kits. Hope you understand my point.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #4743
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jonesy112

Quote:
I don't know why so many people are harping about the new 6.1 coming out now that they just bought the TC6. This kit has been out for well over a year and it's due for an update. If you are late getting on board that's your problem. It's just that the TC6 is finally getting the recognition it deserves and now a bunch of wafflers are just now deciding to move to Associated. Most of us have been waiting patiently for these updates and now they are finally here. Embrace the revision and move forward. Don't forget the TC6 is a very competitive as it is and there are plenty of aftermarket parts available to make it even better. Now you have the option of getting improvements from the OEM.
I'm sure that AE will be assembling an upgrade kit in due time with all the needed parts to rev up to the 6.1 at a much better price than buying everything alacarte.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I was about to type a similair statement, but no need to. You worded it perfectly

RC America - X-Ray - Team EA Motorsports - RockStar Paint - Apex RC Proshop - ProOne Tires
Jonesy112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #4744
Tech Regular

I'm really glad there's a new one out! I need a new car for use in the wet so that's what will come of my TC6! Knowing the UK weather it will get more use than the TC6.1!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #4745
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Agreed.

Perhaps AE should send an open letter ten months in advance letting us know that a car is in development and will be eventually be released?

What a bunch or entitled, immature little babies.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #4746
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Bob builds some cool stuff for sure.
6.1 looks the biz.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #4747
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Agreed.

Perhaps AE should send an open letter ten months in advance letting us know that a car is in development and will be eventually be released?

What a bunch or entitled, immature little babies.
Announcing the release of a new car prematurely is bad business. Too many people will wait for the new kit while the stock on hand will just sit on the shelves until it's marked down a bunch. Bad for the store and bad for the manufacturer. Same goes for the upgrade kit. They will most likely wait till the initial run of kits to be purchased then there will be time to catch up with replacement parts stock and only then will it make sense to release an upgrade kit. I'd say a couple of months, give or take. I will likely get the TC6.1 when it comes out and then update my TC6 based on what I find is the "can't live without" parts. Heck I already have 2 Spec-R diffs and various other aftermarket parts on it now so what's the rush?
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #4748
Tech Master

Quote:
Announcing the release of a new car prematurely is bad business. Too many people will wait for the new kit while the stock on hand will just sit on the shelves until it's marked down a bunch. Bad for the store and bad for the manufacturer. Same goes for the upgrade kit. They will most likely wait till the initial run of kits to be purchased then there will be time to catch up with replacement parts stock and only then will it make sense to release an upgrade kit. I'd say a couple of months, give or take. I will likely get the TC6.1 when it comes out and then update my TC6 based on what I find is the "can't live without" parts. Heck I already have 2 Spec-R diffs and various other aftermarket parts on it now so what's the rush?
Yeah, I was kinda of poking fun at the people getting ready to jump off a roof due to the 6.1. Next time I'll make sure to use plenty of emoticons for those who can't read between the lines.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #4749
Tech Elite

Default TC6.1 setups posted

Rick Hohwart - WCRC Club Race

Keven Hebert - Timezone Grand Prix

I'll post Juho Levanen's ATS setup as soon as I receive it.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #4750
Tech Addict

You asked, AE gives you:

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/a...e_TC6.1_FT_Kit

It's all there. Nice one Team Associated.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #4751
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Rick Hohwart - WCRC Club Race

Keven Hebert - Timezone Grand Prix

I'll post Juho Levanen's ATS setup as soon as I receive it.
Thanks for posting that Rick.

Quick question... I notice your setup is using 2A/2A front and 3A/3A rear arm mounts. From the setups posted on the AE site, this seems to be the lowest roll center Ive seen you guys use.

Is this due to the new suspension pieces/design? Or due to the fact that you guys are running the short front camber link now? Or maybe the C lower shock position on the front?

Just trying to get a feel for how the setup is changing... Thanks.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #4752
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
You asked, AE gives you:

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/a...e_TC6.1_FT_Kit

It's all there. Nice one Team Associated.
I'm looking into the 31368 CVA bone. I used standard TC6 bones so this may be a duplicate number and not required.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #4753
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Yeah, I was kinda of poking fun at the people getting ready to jump off a roof due to the 6.1. Next time I'll make sure to use plenty of emoticons for those who can't read between the lines.
Yeah, that will do the trick...
I just find it funny that so many people were taken by surprise.
the TC6 was released back in the summer of 2010. It's overdue for an update.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #4754
Tech Master

Quote:
Yeah, that will do the trick...
I just find it funny that so many people were taken by surprise.
the TC6 was released back in the summer of 2010. It's overdue for an update.
Yep, everybody creams their jeans when the new "optimized" x-ray comes out yet when Associated does a running change they get blasted for not giving advance notice. I mean c'mon, the TC6 can be upgraded to 6.1 status for about the cost of a cheese sandwich and people still aren't happy. Ha ha.

Anyway I'm enjoying my 6 and may or may not upgrade to 6.1. Great to have choices.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #4755
Tech Fanatic

Hi Rick

I see that the new parts are not available before January? is this for world release? and is this not too early to have them on site yet if the release date is right?

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote