Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
What front hexes fit the TC6? Im looking for offset hexes to space the front wheels a bit.... Id prefer not to use the 1mm disc spacers.

I see that some of the factory guys are using what appears to be some sort of black plastic hex on the front. Anyone know what part this is?

Because the original CVD's front are replaced with HPI double joint CVDs to avoid chattering and the original hex's don't fit. Many racers drive them.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

I was down at Mikes Hobby this weekend and watched a full heat of sedan and a good friend Steve Breuer is running a xray 2011 sedan on a carpet track. I say all that to ask this, is the tc6 as quite as the xray 2011. You couldnt even tell the car was running unless you were looking at it. Im a ae fan thru and thru and would like to stick with ae but all the guys there run the xray so setup would be an ease. Im really leaning towards ae. THanks in advance. ALso what all extras will I need for the tc6, ie sway bars, bumpers, I also read the the front end was fragile on the tc6.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Midnight
I was down at Mikes Hobby this weekend and watched a full heat of sedan and a good friend Steve Breuer is running a xray 2011 sedan on a carpet track. I say all that to ask this, is the tc6 as quite as the xray 2011. You couldnt even tell the car was running unless you were looking at it. Im a ae fan thru and thru and would like to stick with ae but all the guys there run the xray so setup would be an ease. Im really leaning towards ae. THanks in advance. ALso what all extras will I need for the tc6, ie sway bars, bumpers, I also read the the front end was fragile on the tc6.
I love my TC6. I will only comment on the front end. It is NOT fragile. I hit a lot of things and it has been bullet proof. Coming from a TCX it is way easier to drive as well.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I love my TC6. I will only comment on the front end. It is NOT fragile. I hit a lot of things and it has been bullet proof. Coming from a TCX it is way easier to drive as well.
Thanks bro.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Hello TC6 Family!

im from malaysia, and just started using this kit and it is awesome!
but one thing i want to ask, how can i buy the dial grip? anyone can help me? inbox me the step and payment method that available!

cheers
Old 10-23-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ariel Reds
Hello TC6 Family!

im from malaysia, and just started using this kit and it is awesome!
but one thing i want to ask, how can i buy the dial grip? anyone can help me? inbox me the step and payment method that available!

cheers

Here is the site:

http://www.ppdbillet.com/dial-a-grip.htm

look at this too:

http://www.reflexracing.net/110th-Touring_c_1.html
Old 10-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Because the original CVD's front are replaced with HPI double joint CVDs to avoid chattering and the original hex's don't fit. Many racers drive them.
Does anyone have HPI part numbers?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Are the new TC6 kits coming with the new AE spool and gear diff?
Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chief
Does anyone have HPI part numbers?
Try here ...

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=10680

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=6465
Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

So does anyone have any knowledge to how loud the cars are.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Midnight
So does anyone have any knowledge to how loud the cars are.
The better your gear lash and parts condition, the quieter the car will be. ANY car.

Get some board hits, some worn bearings, and some rock dings on your spur/pinion and ANY car can sound like a Mad Max reject.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay, so I'm two weeks away from carpet season starting, build is complete....round of extra parts purchased......Body painted, waiting to be cut and mounted.....looking at gearing now. Ive searched this forum understand FDR, but what I dont understand is.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND A SPUR/PINION FOR THIS THING?

Associated carry's TWO spurs per thread pitch....TWO? Come'on now.
So, im headed to Xray to find a spur, but no pinions.....back to tower, robinson racing,no spurs, and pinions are too small, RW is shipped out of the states at lefthander but they dont have anything, Xenon's website looks like a elementary school build it. And now Im back to Xray?

According to Novak's website im starting at a 3.5 FDR for 17.5 non boosted. Im sure that Im going to be able to go up, but dont want to be stuck at the track without the correct gearing, and options to go up or down. So, im looking at scabbing together from several different websites enough to have some adjustment.....

Im looking at the gear chart from this forum as to what fits and what doesnt and I cant belive it takes this much to get this thing geared right, or close.

96/50 so says Maybell....96/50 it shall be....3.84 with no adjustment, hope it works on my track

DONE!

It gets better, a 96/50 from xray.....10 dollars in shipping for a grand total of 31.00 for one spur one pinion.....sweet
Old 10-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

hksrc.com has the 3 racing pinions if you're going 48 pitch, they are very nice. The 69-tooth Kimbrough spur works great and allows you to go down to a 3.45 with a 40 tooth pinion. Though I'm using a 36-38 at my local track.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Use Kimbrough 96 tooth 64 pitch for blinky, and get used to the idea of using different screw holes to hold the motor in. Works just fine, trust me, I've hit everything that there is to hit, often at full speed, and never had a motor come loose or slip in this car.

Seems one big epic fail on AEs part was focusing spur selection on Boosted/Mod classes.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Use Kimbrough 96 tooth 64 pitch for blinky, and get used to the idea of using different screw holes to hold the motor in. Works just fine, trust me, I've hit everything that there is to hit, often at full speed, and never had a motor come loose or slip in this car.

Seems one big epic fail on AEs part was focusing spur selection on Boosted/Mod classes.
I'm using a Kimbrough 100t 64p with no issues. No motor movement either. Not sure what the big deal is about finding gears for this car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.