R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #4201
Tech Fanatic

Are the belts of different quality on TC6 than TC5, my TC5 belts were undestructible, on our TC6 we have two with missing teeth in a space of 2 weeks?

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #4202
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
Are the belts of different quality on TC6 than TC5, my TC5 belts were undestructible, on our TC6 we have two with missing teeth in a space of 2 weeks?
I tore up my front belt on the first run because of the pinion. If you don't have it set or turned the right way, the set screw can just barely catch on the teeth of the belt and chunk it. I'm still running the same belt; I just double check to make sure it doesn't rub. So as long as you have the correct tension and keep in mind the pinion, the TC6 belts should be indestructible.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #4203
Tech Fanatic

nope. nothing rubbing anywhere even if the belt runs very closed to Lipo, I check this very carefully, there is actually a couple of teeth missing (separetaly) 3 on one belt and 2 on other, like cleanly removed, the belts are still on car, does not seem to upset the car but it is strange how clean they have been removed in normal usage.Teeth around the missing ones are still looking like new.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #4204
Tech Regular

Default Spool and geardiff for TC6

As of when will these parts be included in the standard kit?
I am planning on buying a TC6 but only if the spool and geardiff are in the kit.
I do not want to spent extra money for these items.
Because then I would have a slipper spool and a balldiff, standard in the kit right now, that I for sure won't use AND a spool and geardiff.

Please let me know. Then I can decide if a buy TC6.

If the spool and geardiff are only to buy as extras then I am going to choose for another car where these items are in the kit.

I want to know now and I want to know for sure because I want to prepare for the outdoor season 2012.

So please let me know a.sap.
Thanks.
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #4205
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

No gear diff as of yet you have to buy it as an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
As of when will these parts be included in the standard kit?
I am planning on buying a TC6 but only if the spool and geardiff are in the kit.
I do not want to spent extra money for these items.
Because then I would have a slipper spool and a balldiff, standard in the kit right now, that I for sure won't use AND a spool and geardiff.

Please let me know. Then I can decide if a buy TC6.

If the spool and geardiff are only to buy as extras then I am going to choose for another car where these items are in the kit.

I want to know now and I want to know for sure because I want to prepare for the outdoor season 2012.

So please let me know a.sap.
Thanks.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #4206
Tech Fanatic

And you have a bit of time for 2012..

There is nothing wrong with actual spool, maybe actual kit might sale cheaper if there is a new version with gear diff etc...on the horizon, then you just need to buy the gear diff separately, I do not think that this is a decision making for a kit, if the "new kit" (if it ever comes out) is more expensive than actual, tell me what would be the plus to get it?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #4207
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Amy word on a lightened spur gear pully Shaft? Any kind of light weight parts there?
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #4208
Tech Regular

Default Spool and geardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
And you have a bit of time for 2012..

There is nothing wrong with actual spool, maybe actual kit might sale cheaper if there is a new version with gear diff etc...on the horizon, then you just need to buy the gear diff separately, I do not think that this is a decision making for a kit, if the "new kit" (if it ever comes out) is more expensive than actual, tell me what would be the plus to get it?
There are several cars that, at the moment, have spool and geardiff in the kit. No buying extras. I want to buy a car on short notice that has these items in it. As to "a bit of time": I don't agree. If testing has to be done on several circuits before the actual racing season starts there isn't that much time at all. I'd like to test with spool and geardiff and not with slipperspool and balldiff. I hate to turn to spool and geardiff for instance in a few months and then come to the conclusion that I am back to square one as to testing an setting up.

So please give me an estimate on when the TC6 comes with the spool and geardiff in the kit.
Second, but less interesting option, buy the spool and geardiff later. Again, the obvious but important question: when will these be available?

Another point: here in Europe the TC6 is cheaper than other cars. That is an argument for me to buy it. If I have to buy the spool and geardiff additionally, and I have seen and heard prices, then the advantage in price isn't there anymore and the car is, just because of that, less interesting. In such case I might be better off bying another car that has the spool and geardiff in it (furthermore I hate having parts lying around I ain't gonna use).
TC6 kit price + spool price + geardiff price > kit price of other car.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #4209
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
There are several cars that, at the moment, have spool and geardiff in the kit. No buying extras. I want to buy a car on short notice that has these items in it. As to "a bit of time": I don't agree. If testing has to be done on several circuits before the actual racing season starts there isn't that much time at all. I'd like to test with spool and geardiff and not with slipperspool and balldiff. I hate to turn to spool and geardiff for instance in a few months and then come to the conclusion that I am back to square one as to testing an setting up.

So please give me an estimate on when the TC6 comes with the spool and geardiff in the kit.
Second, but less interesting option, buy the spool and geardiff later. Again, the obvious but important question: when will these be available?

Another point: here in Europe the TC6 is cheaper than other cars. That is an argument for me to buy it. If I have to buy the spool and geardiff additionally, and I have seen and heard prices, then the advantage in price isn't there anymore and the car is, just because of that, less interesting. In such case I might be better off bying another car that has the spool and geardiff in it (furthermore I hate having parts lying around I ain't gonna use).
But still cheaper on parts, and if you find that a slipper spool and ball diff works better for you? You have to make the decision man, it is not all about gear diff or spool here, it is about a chassis that you want or not and all that goes around it, parts availability/cost, simplicity of setup etc...

New parts are due on 11 November, and a new kit with new parts is very unlikely for a while, but i do not work for AE...

Old 10-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #4210
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I didn't find that I had to make extensive changes going to a gear diff. You can make setup changes and adapt to it within a day or two. Don't let that hold ya back!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #4211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Because there is no official release date, you can call AE and ask them or just go ahead and buy the 2012 XRAY, or try to get the Yokomo or Sakura...
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #4212
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Because there is no official release date, you can call AE and ask them or just go ahead and buy the 2012 XRAY, or try to get the Yokomo or Sakura...
I asked an employer of AE a few weeks ago if there was going to be a geardiff for TC6.
He mailed me that at the moment (that moment then) there was no geardiff and that there wasn't going to be a geardiff in the future for the TC6.
Can you imagine such an answer?!

So you can understand that I don't have much confidence in the info AE is providing me with.

As to other cars: I haven't made a decision yet but after hearing all of this today on this forum I am leaning towards T3 2012, S411 or HMX (because I drove RDX).

IMO T3 2012 is the best car. HMX appeals to me because it is an all-Dutch car, I am from Holland you see. Pro on this is that lots of spares from the RDX PHi'09 still fit on the HMX and that all you need on the car can be purchased very easy, there is much continuity, consistancy and fast delivery. Con on the HMX is that there won't be a geardiff in the first batch. As Yoko told me the second batch of cars will have the geardiff in the kit.

Well I think that narrows it down, kinda.....

And the winner is...... XRAY T3 2012 (I think.......
Old 10-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #4213
Tech Fanatic

regardless which one you decide, none of them will have cheaper parts than TC6 and new Xray is, well new, so not sure how it will perform against the competition, if I had the money and I was not supporting AE for many years, my favorite would be Yok, but hard to get parts, then because we run 2 TC6 with my son racing also, if I was by myself, it would have to be the Awesomatix, for its shear new approach to TC.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #4214
Tech Adept

sakura x1-$, s411-better car besides xray will have another new car in 6 months still with plastic parts
S411LE#63,eryx 2.0,kyosho ultima sc,B44.1,futaba.the short list. Ricky Bobby body club,member #4
atmeearacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #4215
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
And the winner is...... XRAY T3 2012 (I think.......
At least we could help you making a decision! Have fun with your new car (and post some nice pics in the XRAY-Thread )!
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote