R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #3961
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone see any potential problems using the new "xray style" ballcups on my TC5? The original ones are getting sloppy and I really like the captured ball design for ease of adjustability...
anthonyscardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #3962
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,080
Default

What's the current timeline on the production Team Associated gear diff? A while back they were hoping to have it available next week at the IIC for us privateers.
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #3963
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
Can anyone see any potential problems using the new "xray style" ballcups on my TC5? The original ones are getting sloppy and I really like the captured ball design for ease of adjustability...
As long as they fit, don't rub and don't bind, I see no issues.
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #3964
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brasilia- Brasil
Posts: 5
Default oill diff yokomo

Using the TC6 Yokomo diff oil which is recommended to use, I got the 10,000 and 50,000. will be what looks good?
zaranza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #3965
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaranza View Post
Using the TC6 Yokomo diff oil which is recommended to use, I got the 10,000 and 50,000. will be what looks good?
hope you intend to fit this diff on front !! for rear it is nearer to AE 50wt
__________________
Electriquement votre...

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #3966
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,278
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
I don't have a sheet filled out but here's the gist of it.

FRONT
0b-1b
14.5 Reflex spring/40wt/Reflex piston
Gear diff w/500k
Reflex camber mount - long link, 1mm on each black ballstud
1.5 mm droop, 5mm height, 1* toe out
6* caster, 1.5* camber

REAR
1b-1b
12.5 Reflex spring/40wt/Reflex piston
Gear diff w/AE 60 shock oil
Reflex camber mount - short link, 1mm inside 3 mm outside black ballstud
2mm droop, 5mm height, 3* toe in
2* camber

On Sweep 32s. The other adjustments you can make regarding track size and layout, but that should be a good start. Slipper spool/ball diff also works well enough to start with this setup. I also ran only 4 screws on upper deck - car NEVER got loose.
thanks for the setup, does the rsd camber mount make big difference?
what about ae springs vs rsd springs?
i plan to get gear diff in rear, rsd bladder and pistons, maybe rsd springs
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #3967
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
What's the current timeline on the production Team Associated gear diff? A while back they were hoping to have it available next week at the IIC for us privateers.
Got tired of waiting. Spec-R now makes one with no modifications. I bought that. We will see how she goes this weekend.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #3968
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,487
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlealex View Post
thanks for the setup, does the rsd camber mount make big difference?
what about ae springs vs rsd springs?
i plan to get gear diff in rear, rsd bladder and pistons, maybe rsd springs
The RSD mount gives you the option to raise or lower the inner link location.. Raising it will give the front a little more roll which is very useful for making the car more stable in higher bite. The RSD short location is also a little longer than the holes on the shock tower, so its an in between option.

The RSD springs have options in between the AE springs, and on carpet I notice they drive more progressively than the AE springs, which drive more directly (responsive). On my car for carpet blinky right now I like RSD 15.5's on the front, and AE silvers on the rear. This combo give a car that is responsive and planted without being tippy. AE springs F/R makes the car more tippy, and RSD springs F/R made the back of the car more vague (ie not as direct, not as hooked up).

This is what ive been running, its been awesome for me
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #3969
Tech Fanatic
 
roger999's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Got tired of waiting. Spec-R now makes one with no modifications. I bought that. We will see how she goes this weekend.
I got my Spec R as well, should have it tomorrow, and now wonder what oil i supposed to use? Shock oil Associated 40 wt will do?
__________________
facebook.com/rogergrafix
roger999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #3970
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
The RSD mount gives you the option to raise or lower the inner link location.. Raising it will give the front a little more roll which is very useful for making the car more stable in higher bite. The RSD short location is also a little longer than the holes on the shock tower, so its an in between option.

The RSD springs have options in between the AE springs, and on carpet I notice they drive more progressively than the AE springs, which drive more directly (responsive). On my car for carpet blinky right now I like RSD 15.5's on the front, and AE silvers on the rear. This combo give a car that is responsive and planted without being tippy. AE springs F/R makes the car more tippy, and RSD springs F/R made the back of the car more vague (ie not as direct, not as hooked up).

This is what ive been running, its been awesome for me
Basically everything he said. The car just feels like a better machine. Takes the TC6 from "not bad" to "top contender"!
__________________
Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #3971
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

I destroyed my TC6 yesterday club racing

Holy cow. Lost control after a long straight coming into the sweeper. Hit the board rear end first. I didn't think I hit that hard but when I started taking it apart I destroyed.

Chassis - rear bulkhead screw ripped right out
Rear bulkhead bent
Hinge pins
Top deck broke in 2
Motor fan destroyed
and various other little parts.

$130 in parts. That blows. Oh well I have certainly crashed plenty and nothing has ever happened. I must have just hit it perfect.

It was sure fun watching Kevin Hebert, Rick H and Bob S. race. Those guys make the TC6 look so sweet.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #3972
Tech Elite
 
Asharus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Ouch! I just got mine and haven't run it yet but I did notice that the rear end is pretty much unprotected.
__________________
Angelo Padilla
Team Ballz Racin | PCR Bodies | Island Raceway & Hobby | Gilligan's Raceway
Asharus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #3973
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,029
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
I destroyed my TC6 yesterday club racing

Holy cow. Lost control after a long straight coming into the sweeper. Hit the board rear end first. I didn't think I hit that hard but when I started taking it apart I destroyed.

Chassis - rear bulkhead screw ripped right out
Rear bulkhead bent
Hinge pins
Top deck broke in 2
Motor fan destroyed
and various other little parts.

$130 in parts. That blows. Oh well I have certainly crashed plenty and nothing has ever happened. I must have just hit it perfect.

It was sure fun watching Kevin Hebert, Rick H and Bob S. race. Those guys make the TC6 look so sweet.
Sorry to hear. I have had equal opportunity to demolition my car but it has been a tank.
__________________
TEAMORCA.SHOP
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #3974
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
I destroyed my TC6 yesterday club racing

Holy cow. Lost control after a long straight coming into the sweeper. Hit the board rear end first. I didn't think I hit that hard but when I started taking it apart I destroyed.

Chassis - rear bulkhead screw ripped right out
Rear bulkhead bent
Hinge pins
Top deck broke in 2
Motor fan destroyed
and various other little parts.

$130 in parts. That blows. Oh well I have certainly crashed plenty and nothing has ever happened. I must have just hit it perfect.

It was sure fun watching Kevin Hebert, Rick H and Bob S. race. Those guys make the TC6 look so sweet.
Let me guess where.......Hmm, Kevin, Rich and Bob....That makes in in SoCal. Tuesday Night and the track ate your car... That sounds like only one track I know.
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #3975
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
I destroyed my TC6 yesterday club racing

Holy cow. Lost control after a long straight coming into the sweeper. Hit the board rear end first. I didn't think I hit that hard but when I started taking it apart I destroyed.

Chassis - rear bulkhead screw ripped right out
Rear bulkhead bent
Hinge pins
Top deck broke in 2
Motor fan destroyed
and various other little parts.

$130 in parts. That blows. Oh well I have certainly crashed plenty and nothing has ever happened. I must have just hit it perfect.

It was sure fun watching Kevin Hebert, Rick H and Bob S. race. Those guys make the TC6 look so sweet.
I literally replaced my top deck, fan, and numerous screws today, too. Got rear-ended entering the sweeper (mod cars).......
__________________
Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28970 09-28-2017 07:28 AM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:21 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net