Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Is this correct?

4 5x8 Diffs
4 10x15 Diffs
2 4x8x3 Flanged Spur
2 4x7 Bellcrank
8 6x10 Hubs

20 total bearings

No actual kit is sold by Avid, yet, but If I wanted to created a full set for $20, this would be it.
You don't need to change the small diff bearings (they aren't exposed to dirt) and shouldnt have to change the bell crank ones. On my TC5 I only used to change the hub, large diff and spur bearings every few months wtih cleaning and lubing in between.
spongerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #3872
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
Not defending no one, missing parts are unforgiven. But don't they sell screws around there in any other shop? Since you race for many years you don't have any spare screws laying around your house. Sorry once again, not defending any one, but i don't think missing screws could ever be that frustrated or even let you days waiting for them.

If you need some help, i could try to help you with support, and I'm pretty sure your gonna enjoy the car.
Where I live there is only one local hobby shop that sells RC and I did spend hours on the phone calling around to local fastner places only to learn that they had to order them in or I had to buy a box of 100 screws. The frustration is the constant delays when I find another screw missing or another defective part. The hinge pins don't roll flat so they bind the arms plus a problem with a CVA assembly. I spent another $58 ordering parts from Associated last night to replace missing or defective parts on a NEW kit because I can't find the original receipt from when I purchased the kit. Like I said I have been a loyal Associated customer for over 20 years but this kit has been very frustrating and who knows what other problems I will encounter before it is finally built.
trailblazer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:40 AM   #3873
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongerX View Post
Same experience I had. Hopefully when you start attaching things to the chassis bottom plate the screws fit flush. I had to countersink almost every screw hole AND use RC Screws stainless screws to get the bottom of the chassis smooth.
Hearing your experience doesn't give me very much confidence with the TC6. When you deal with those type of quality control issues plus the binding problems I am experiencing with hinge pins and CVA assemblies it is hard to believe the car will ever run true.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #3874
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You were unlucky to get a Monday kit. You really have the most worse issues I heard of in this thread. You should stop building and spending money and send it back! I know you lost your receipt, but that is your own fault. Try find it and stop bother yourself about it!
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #3875
Tech Addict

The person who lost is receipt got the worst kit, strange. Stop regreting and instead of loosing time to find out where to find screws, find the receipt and contact Team Associated, customer service is top notch.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #3876
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
The person who lost is receipt got the worst kit, strange. Stop regreting and instead of loosing time to find out where to find screws, find the receipt and contact Team Associated, customer service is top notch.
Not sure what you are implying, do you keep every receipt of everything you purchased? Like I said I have been a loyal supporter of Associated for 20 years, but this kit is crap there is no other way to put it. Missing parts, damaged parts and parts that don't fit and from some of the replies it appears I am not the only one to experience these things with this kit. Yes I didn't keep the receipt and that is my fault but from other posts I have read Associated should accept that these are real issues and done something about it so not so top notch in my opinion.

So buyer beware on this kit, keep your receipt so you can deal with TEAM ASSOCIATED on the problems.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #3877
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer04 View Post
First of all I have been a loyal Associated customer for MANY MANY MANY years and every RC car I ever ran was Associated. My experience with my new TC6 kit has been a total joke. I have stopped building the car now for the 4th time because once again there are screws missing and once again it will be off to the hobby shop to order more parts and wait days to get them. The kit is new, has never been opened but I continue to find screws missing from sealed packages. What is more frustrating then to sit down and start building only to find parts missing so you have to stop building....try doing that four times and counting.

And two of the hinge pins are bent so the suspension arms bind and I have CVA bone/axle assembly that no matter what I do binds.

I hope everyones experience with this kit has been better then mine.

Yes I contacted Associated but I need to find the receipt scan andemail it or fax it yada yada yada.

While the design of the car is very good the fit and finish (manufacturing) and quaility control are teribble. A ways back there was a post on here that said something to the effect that,' what do you expect from child labor ?' Might be something to that ....
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #3878
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Every new car that comes out has its issues. AE is working hard to address these issues and take care of its customers.

Of note, be carefull which screws you use on the chassis (provided with the kit). If the screw does not sit flush with the chassis, its used else where on the kit.

Mike
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #3879
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Not sure what you are implying, do you keep every receipt of everything you purchased? Like I said I have been a loyal supporter of Associated for 20 years, but this kit is crap there is no other way to put it. Missing parts, damaged parts and parts that don't fit and from some of the replies it appears I am not the only one to experience these things with this kit. Yes I didn't keep the receipt and that is my fault but from other posts I have read Associated should accept that these are real issues and done something about it so not so top notch in my opinion.

So buyer beware on this kit, keep your receipt so you can deal with TEAM ASSOCIATED on the problems.
Where and how did you purchase this? Most stores maintain sales records. Have you actually spoken to someone at Associated about this and gotten turned down? Sucks about that kit. Mine went together perfectly and has been a good durable car but if I had your experience I would dump that thing and look somewhere else. Unacceptable.

Good luck.Hope you get a favorable resolution from Associated.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #3880
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Every new production run of THIS car that comes out has its individual and often serious issues as reported not only here but all over the web. AE is working hard to address these issues and take care of its customers as long as you're willing to call and email repeatedly and badger the living cr@p out of them to get satisfaction.

Fixed it for ya! And I have to admit that I'm a major Associated fanboy, 6 of the 8 RC vehicles that I own are AE.

I waited for the second batch of TC6 kits to hit the streets, and had issues. I bought another one in the third batch, and my experience was just like yours. Chassis plate drilled incorrectly, bulkheads not drilled and/or tapped, lots of missing hardware, 3 of 4 shock shafts bent, mis-molded shock pistons, missing shock oil, and a rear belt that had no teeth.

After dealing with AEs customer service through email and on the telephone and lies (yes, it's a lie when someone tells you that they sent you a replacement part, gave you a tracking number and their personal assurance, and not only was the tracking number bogus, but a follow up call revealed that the part was NEVER shipped. That happened TWICE!) about shipping and parts repeatedly, I finally got someone at AE to take the dang thing back, at their "request" so that they could "Study all of the problems that manifest in this one kit". Packed it up, shipped it off and got my money back, moved on.

My first one, though, still serves me well. It was only missing the camber link turnbuckles and had one of the now famous bulkheads with bad threads.

I believe that the car is well thought out and engineered, but individual piece part production quality and packaging quality assurance have both bottomed out. Put that in with their substitution of generic lower spec screws for half of the kit and I feel that I did not get my money's worth out of it as compared to the other offerings on the market.

Strange, that. My AE 12th and WGT cars were both top notch kits, and you don't seem to hear about many issues at all about any of the other AE kits, on or offroad.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox

Last edited by Buckaroo; 09-21-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #3881
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Features View Post
Every new car that comes out has its issues. AE is working hard to address these issues and take care of its customers.

Of note, be carefull which screws you use on the chassis (provided with the kit). If the screw does not sit flush with the chassis, its used else where on the kit.

Mike
Not necessarily true. I was using the correct screws. Even tried others within the kit and had the same issue with the heads sticking out the bottom of the chassis.

I tried contacting AE (had the receipt) and they wanted me to send back the problem parts which is understandable. However since I am not in US I would have had to pay over 60 USD to ship to them and then pay more local tax when the replacement parts were sent out not to mention the delay I would have had trying to get the car ready for a local event. In my case I had the tools and spare parts to hand from my TC5r racing days that I was able to complete the kit. I've always bought AE kits going back to the B2 days but if this is a sign of the quality of their current and future products I'm done with AE.

It's not even to say this is a new kit anymore. It was released when, last October?. I waited over 6 months to order my kit from Tower which I assume would have a high kit turn over since they went out of stock of the kits quite a few times before I ordered. Quality control issues should not be persisting this long after launch. It's all very well to say contact AE support if you live in a country with an AE rep but international people are outta luck.

Once I had my kit together it drove great until I stripped a screw hole on a rear bulkhead in a crash.
spongerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #3882
Tech Fanatic

did not have building or parts issues and have 2 kits build, but as mentionned above, contact the shop you bought the kit for a receipt copy, if it was on the net, you should have confirmation mail of your order.

AE was very helpfull with problems on TC5 and sent me parts without asking about receipt etc...ok it was a known problem at the time but still, they sent the parts all the way to France.

You should order a few extra screws, they will be used at some stage and this way, you won't be waiting for more if they are missing again.

It is strange that one kit has so many problems, where did you buy it from anyway?

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #3883
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
did not have building or parts issues and have 2 kits build, but as mentionned above, contact the shop you bought the kit for a receipt copy, if it was on the net, you should have confirmation mail of your order.

AE was very helpfull with problems on TC5 and sent me parts without asking about receipt etc...ok it was a known problem at the time but still, they sent the parts all the way to France.

You should order a few extra screws, they will be used at some stage and this way, you won't be waiting for more if they are missing again.

It is strange that one kit has so many problems, where did you buy it from anyway?
I had my local hobby shop order it for me. I also waited to order one because I heard there were problems with the first batch of these kits so I expected the problems to be corrected in later kits. Unfortunatly from some of these replies it appears the problems keep coming.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #3884
Tech Addict

Quote:

I'm not implying on nothing, not even on you. Just have another vision and opinion. My kit was faultless since the begining, maybe is just a matter of luck, but theres no point to come in here with those issues when the first error was yours. Yes i do keep my receipts or invoices from this kind of products, at least electronics and kits, spares are unnecessarily to do it. My advice again is search your receipt, even if you don´t find it contact your LHS and see if they keep a record wich i'm pretty sure they do. Even if they don't you have something to prove for sure, card movement or something. And at the first place are them that will have to help you. If they do not help you contact AE, the goal for any company is to have their customers satisfied, i'm pretty sure they will help you, like i know they do. And once again if i can help you, i'm here.
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #3885
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I had my local hobby shop order it for me. I also waited to order one because I heard there were problems with the first batch of these kits so I expected the problems to be corrected in later kits. Unfortunatly from some of these replies it appears the problems keep coming.
Well if it is your local shop there should be no problem to give you a receipt copy and then contact AE for support and replacement parts, obliviously, your shop is very happy with you if you keep buying new parts from them rather than get them free from AE.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote