Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bunny32
hi guys can someone help me my tc6 when i turn right it spins out but when i turn left it turns normal can someone help me thanks
Tweaked chassis or unequal weight left to right would be my guess. If you are still using the kit bearings I'd check the hubs to make sure they are still together. A few of the kit bearings failed (came out in pieces) in my car.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hi

i did balance it from left to right it sits even but do u think it could be my diff cause i did tighten it really tight but i will check the rear hub bearings
Old 08-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i did balance it from left to right it sits even but do u think it could be my diff cause i did tighten it really tight but i will check the rear hub bearings
If you just set ride height it stil may not be balanced. Xray has a pretty detailed set up manual. I think it is on their website. Not sure why you tightened your diff really tight unless it was slipping. I would go with the recommended setting. I did find that a overly tight rear diff led to oversteer but it wasn't more to one side or the other. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Chaz955i;9592333]If you just set ride height it stil may not be balanced. Xray has a pretty detailed set up manual. I think it is on their website. Not sure why you tightened your diff really tight unless it was slipping. I would go with the recommended setting. I did find that a overly tight rear diff led to oversteer but it wasn't more to one side or the other. Good luck.[/QUO

thank mate
Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

do you have your steering servo set in middle before fixing the link, and then centered the wheels properly, I see regularly cars with this not done.

Also is this something that just happen suddenly or from the start of using your car?
Old 08-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by olly986
do you have your steering servo set in middle before fixing the link, and then centered the wheels properly, I see regularly cars with this not done.

Also is this something that just happen suddenly or from the start of using your car?
yes its in the middle and the wheels are centred. it just happen when i redid my rear diff but i thought it was the weight from side to side what do u think
Old 08-31-2011, 01:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

something stupid but did you checked your tires that one is not unglued?

Go through everything, remove your diff if you have to and rebuilt as per manual, if it happened since you done your diff, there is some chance you did something wrong.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by olly986
something stupid but did you checked your tires that one is not unglued?

Go through everything, remove your diff if you have to and rebuilt as per manual, if it happened since you done your diff, there is some chance you did something wrong.
my tires are glued checked them
olly i will check the diffs again and get back to u and do u have any good settings for asphult can u send me one please thanks mate
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

olly i will check the diffs again and get back to u and do u have any good settings for asphult can u send me one please thanks mate
Do you maybe have a tire rub, or maybe cva dogbone/axle binding when turned?
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default New setup sheet posted

Had a good night at WCRC racing 17.5 expert so thought I would post the sheet. The track is very high traction and I think the setup will translate well to carpet.

Hohwart 17.5 setup WCRC

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 08-31-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Had a good night at WCRC racing 17.5 expert so thought I would post the sheet. The track is very high traction and I think the setup will translate well to carpet.

Hohwart 17.5 setup WCRC
Rick. How does this differ from Weiss' set up if any? Just curious. That is what I am running there.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Rick. How does this differ from Weiss' set up if any? Just curious. That is what I am running there.
Not very close at all. Both work so you can go either way. I like my car to push and be easy to drive so that is what I think is a good setup. I have not yet tried Steve's mainly because it requires things I don't have (the ability to space .75mm for example). I can't comment on if it is good or bad but I will give it a try or at least get as close as I can.

I also try and look for something that works everywhere and that I can tweak slightly for different conditions. This setup is a slight variation from what I used in 13.5 at the Nats and again slightly different from what I used at the RROC in modified. But the basics are the same.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Not very close at all. Both work so you can go either way. I like my car to push and be easy to drive so that is what I think is a good setup. I have not yet tried Steve's mainly because it requires things I don't have (the ability to space .75mm for example). I can't comment on if it is good or bad but I will give it a try or at least get as close as I can.

I also try and look for something that works everywhere and that I can tweak slightly for different conditions. This setup is a slight variation from what I used in 13.5 at the Nats and again slightly different from what I used at the RROC in modified. But the basics are the same.
Well put, Rick. I've been running your 13.5 setup in boosted 17.5 and its $$.
I never thought about running it on carpet. HMMMMM......
Old 08-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had the same problem open all of your shocks and check that the screw going through the piston into the shock shaft and make sure it didnt back out a little or completly and if it did throw a little blue locktight on it hope this helps.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

One question for Rick:

Why does AE still stick to the single steering bellcrank as all other brands go with dual steering bellcrank? Is there a special reason?

Maybe this was explained before but I didn't catch it.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.