R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #3646
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny32 View Post
hi guys can someone help me my tc6 when i turn right it spins out but when i turn left it turns normal can someone help me thanks
Tweaked chassis or unequal weight left to right would be my guess. If you are still using the kit bearings I'd check the hubs to make sure they are still together. A few of the kit bearings failed (came out in pieces) in my car.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 AM   #3647
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default hi

i did balance it from left to right it sits even but do u think it could be my diff cause i did tighten it really tight but i will check the rear hub bearings
bunny32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #3648
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,012
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny32 View Post
i did balance it from left to right it sits even but do u think it could be my diff cause i did tighten it really tight but i will check the rear hub bearings
If you just set ride height it stil may not be balanced. Xray has a pretty detailed set up manual. I think it is on their website. Not sure why you tightened your diff really tight unless it was slipping. I would go with the recommended setting. I did find that a overly tight rear diff led to oversteer but it wasn't more to one side or the other. Good luck.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #3649
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default

[QUOTE=Chaz955i;9592333]If you just set ride height it stil may not be balanced. Xray has a pretty detailed set up manual. I think it is on their website. Not sure why you tightened your diff really tight unless it was slipping. I would go with the recommended setting. I did find that a overly tight rear diff led to oversteer but it wasn't more to one side or the other. Good luck.[/QUO


thank mate
bunny32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #3650
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

do you have your steering servo set in middle before fixing the link, and then centered the wheels properly, I see regularly cars with this not done.

Also is this something that just happen suddenly or from the start of using your car?
__________________
Electriquement votre...

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #3651
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
do you have your steering servo set in middle before fixing the link, and then centered the wheels properly, I see regularly cars with this not done.

Also is this something that just happen suddenly or from the start of using your car?
yes its in the middle and the wheels are centred. it just happen when i redid my rear diff but i thought it was the weight from side to side what do u think
bunny32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #3652
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

something stupid but did you checked your tires that one is not unglued?

Go through everything, remove your diff if you have to and rebuilt as per manual, if it happened since you done your diff, there is some chance you did something wrong.
__________________
Electriquement votre...

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 AM   #3653
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
something stupid but did you checked your tires that one is not unglued?

Go through everything, remove your diff if you have to and rebuilt as per manual, if it happened since you done your diff, there is some chance you did something wrong.
my tires are glued checked them
olly i will check the diffs again and get back to u and do u have any good settings for asphult can u send me one please thanks mate
bunny32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #3654
Tech Regular
 
sandsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lockport, Illinois
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to sandsurfer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny32 View Post
my tires are glued checked them
olly i will check the diffs again and get back to u and do u have any good settings for asphult can u send me one please thanks mate
Do you maybe have a tire rub, or maybe cva dogbone/axle binding when turned?
sandsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #3655
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,915
Default New setup sheet posted

Had a good night at WCRC racing 17.5 expert so thought I would post the sheet. The track is very high traction and I think the setup will translate well to carpet.

Hohwart 17.5 setup WCRC

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 08-31-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #3656
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Had a good night at WCRC racing 17.5 expert so thought I would post the sheet. The track is very high traction and I think the setup will translate well to carpet.

Hohwart 17.5 setup WCRC
Rick. How does this differ from Weiss' set up if any? Just curious. That is what I am running there.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #3657
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Rick. How does this differ from Weiss' set up if any? Just curious. That is what I am running there.
Not very close at all. Both work so you can go either way. I like my car to push and be easy to drive so that is what I think is a good setup. I have not yet tried Steve's mainly because it requires things I don't have (the ability to space .75mm for example). I can't comment on if it is good or bad but I will give it a try or at least get as close as I can.

I also try and look for something that works everywhere and that I can tweak slightly for different conditions. This setup is a slight variation from what I used in 13.5 at the Nats and again slightly different from what I used at the RROC in modified. But the basics are the same.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #3658
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,879
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Not very close at all. Both work so you can go either way. I like my car to push and be easy to drive so that is what I think is a good setup. I have not yet tried Steve's mainly because it requires things I don't have (the ability to space .75mm for example). I can't comment on if it is good or bad but I will give it a try or at least get as close as I can.

I also try and look for something that works everywhere and that I can tweak slightly for different conditions. This setup is a slight variation from what I used in 13.5 at the Nats and again slightly different from what I used at the RROC in modified. But the basics are the same.
Well put, Rick. I've been running your 13.5 setup in boosted 17.5 and its $$.
I never thought about running it on carpet. HMMMMM......
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated REEDY Powered
JConcepts TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #3659
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Norridge IL
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny32 View Post
my tires are glued checked them
olly i will check the diffs again and get back to u and do u have any good settings for asphult can u send me one please thanks mate
I had the same problem open all of your shocks and check that the screw going through the piston into the shock shaft and make sure it didnt back out a little or completly and if it did throw a little blue locktight on it hope this helps.
Little John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #3660
Tech Addict
 
Geberit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 745
Default

One question for Rick:

Why does AE still stick to the single steering bellcrank as all other brands go with dual steering bellcrank? Is there a special reason?

Maybe this was explained before but I didn't catch it.

Thanks
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28952 05-01-2017 04:47 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net