R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #3556
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
If you read above posts, it is expected mid Sept to mid Oct
I call AE and the say that the were not sure wen would it come out. But he also say probably not soon
f1o7x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #3557
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

drove my tc6 for 2nd race yesterday. i like to drive tc6 more than tcx. maybe i will getting rid of my tcx soon
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #3558
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1o7x9 View Post
I call AE and the say that the were not sure wen would it come out. But he also say probably not soon
Well it has been used by the team drivers already, some of them mentionned September...so I guess they know what they are talking about, we will probably get it later in Europe.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #3559
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Can anyone supply a link to a good starting point setup for a TC6 running stock 17.5 on a medium grip carpet track?
trailblazer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #3560
Tech Fanatic

Check the AE or CML sites

Old 08-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #3561
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post
Does anyone sell ecs driveshafts for the tc6 or has anyone gotten another brand working. I had heard a rumor that some people use xray c hubs and then use xray ecs's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
no need for them the stock ones work great but if you want to you can get the litemodz or hot bodies dcj's with the hot bodies you need a different bearing.
Other options include the soon too be available reflex drive shafts and using my side piece racing Mira outdrives + top photon spool + xray ecs
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #3562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

hate to interrupt the current train of thought but was just looking for input on what i should do for next season...

I run a TC5R right now outdoors in out parking lot club races in victoria. pretty well prepped, sprayed track. small and technical track that always features an 80-100ft straight with a sweeper at the end.

just running 17.5 blinky but I might have to replace a bunch of parts and im trying to decide if its better to just get a tc6 kit straight up.

my chassis is tweaked, so its a minimum of $50 for a new one, or i can go exotek which like $130 for all the stuff to go with it. topdeck/lipo retainer ect.
Was gonna replace all the bearings, rebuild the shocks, rebuild the one diff and replace slipper pads in the front. but doing that, if i was to go exotek, its around $250.

My question is if the TC6 is so much better to justify just going straight to that for $399?

i havent owned any other touring cars but my tc5 is definitely faster than me as a driver. seems to handle nice though perhaps not as well as the T3's.

My club guys will just tell me to get an Xray.. i dont have that much money. and the parts are more. doesnt matter if some guy has the part at the track if i have to drop $50 trackside for stuff.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #3563
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Valk, if you can afford to get a TC6, do it. The TC6 is durable and as good if not better out of the box than the XRAY. Parts are 1/2 the price and the car is just as durable. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #3564
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

I probably will. looking over the pics ive seen of it, it looks a lot nicer to work on. not to say the tc5 is bad at all. but half the car needs replacing lol.

was considering a new nitro kit next year but maybe ill sit on the ntc3 and keep learning with it. im sure i can make it handle.
treat myself to a new electric.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #3565
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so i just got yokomo gear diff and i was wondering if some one can help me out? what do i have to do to make fitt? thanks
f1o7x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:29 AM   #3566
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
I probably will. looking over the pics ive seen of it, it looks a lot nicer to work on. not to say the tc5 is bad at all. but half the car needs replacing lol.

was considering a new nitro kit next year but maybe ill sit on the ntc3 and keep learning with it. im sure i can make it handle.
treat myself to a new electric.
you will be able to get a good second hand by next season, sell your TC5 cheap enough and your TC6 won't cost you that much...

Old 08-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #3567
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Actually the TC5 and TC6 diffs are interchangeable IIRC, so I see no reason why the gear diff wouldn't fit the TC5.
Depending on axle engagement the TC6 diffs should be backwards compatible as long as you use bearing shims...

The TC5 diffs however are too wide to fit a TC6. I tried turning down the bearing shoulders until they were dangerously thin and still could not fit a TC5 spool into a TC6...
Old 08-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #3568
Tech Addict

Is Christer Andersson still a Team driver? I didn't see him drive for a while now! He was a really promising driver

G.
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #3569
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
hate to interrupt the current train of thought but was just looking for input on what i should do for next season...

I run a TC5R right now outdoors in out parking lot club races in victoria. pretty well prepped, sprayed track. small and technical track that always features an 80-100ft straight with a sweeper at the end.

just running 17.5 blinky but I might have to replace a bunch of parts and im trying to decide if its better to just get a tc6 kit straight up.

my chassis is tweaked, so its a minimum of $50 for a new one, or i can go exotek which like $130 for all the stuff to go with it. topdeck/lipo retainer ect.
Was gonna replace all the bearings, rebuild the shocks, rebuild the one diff and replace slipper pads in the front. but doing that, if i was to go exotek, its around $250.

My question is if the TC6 is so much better to justify just going straight to that for $399?

i havent owned any other touring cars but my tc5 is definitely faster than me as a driver. seems to handle nice though perhaps not as well as the T3's.

My club guys will just tell me to get an Xray.. i dont have that much money. and the parts are more. doesnt matter if some guy has the part at the track if i have to drop $50 trackside for stuff.

I would advise you to get a TC6 if at all possible, it is simply better in every way than the TC5. Even if the TC5 is still too fast for you in your opinion I think the consitency of the TC6 will give you better race pace but also help you improve faster.

You also get to still use all your old TC5 suspension spares, which is great.

Regards

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #3570
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mkennedy
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
I would advise you to get a TC6 if at all possible, it is simply better in every way than the TC5. Even if the TC5 is still too fast for you in your opinion I think the consitency of the TC6 will give you better race pace but also help you improve faster.

You also get to still use all your old TC5 suspension spares, which is great.

Regards

Neal
+1