R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #3091
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Default

i was having on-throttle understeer problem....then changed from 0 degree rear to 1 degree anti-squat...it is now better? should i futher make it to 2 degree anti-squat?
Molala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #3092
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,227
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molala4 View Post
i was having on-throttle understeer problem....then changed from 0 degree rear to 1 degree anti-squat...it is now better? should i futher make it to 2 degree anti-squat?
What droop are you driving?
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:03 AM   #3093
Tech Fanatic
 
roger999's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

have found next faulty part... rear shock tower is not straight... one shock is set lower then second. Now when i set rear arm at 0 is not possible to set droops at 5. And very hard to tweak properly rear end of the car. Does somebody had the same problem with rear or front shock tower??? or just i have bad luck with that car...???
__________________
facebook.com/rogergrafix
roger999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #3094
Tech Fanatic
 
roger999's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger999 View Post
have found next faulty part... rear shock tower is not straight... one shock is set lower then second. Now when i set rear arm at 0 is not possible to set droops at 5. And very hard to tweak properly rear end of the car. Does somebody had the same problem with rear or front shock tower??? or just i have bad luck with that car...???

Ok so, i had to take off alu parts and the tower... and first tight alu parts and after that push the tower and tight it again.. And now is better! Still is little bit difference but is ok. Tweak is possible to set but still cant go with 5 droops on rear, so i had to set it 5.5 about
__________________
facebook.com/rogergrafix
roger999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #3095
Tech Initiate
 
muststopcrashin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: nottingham, uk
Posts: 32
Default

i got my dial-a-grip blocks today must say they look good, but don't think i quite follow the set up of them, could some one make a small vid for me? just setting
one block up and when i see it im shore i will then understand.

nigel
__________________
MUST STOP CRASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RC10(1990),FT TC3,FT TC4,TC5,TC6
muststopcrashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #3096
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,227
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Had my first test drive with the Reflex springs on medium to high grip carpet today. It really makes a difference

The car rolls much less without losing grip, it just sits better on the road. I could drop my body one hole. Second positive thing I recognized was that the car now is much more calm when rolling over longitudinal ribs and when you integrate the curbs or the caps in your driving line. Nice!

I also used a one lb harder spring in the back to make the car turn better.

So after the Litemodz CVSevo and the Dial-a-grip another tuning part that really deserves its name! Thank you Christian!

By the way: Is someone using the RSD TC6 Vertical Ball Stud Shock Tower Mounts from Reflex Racing? Maybe someone independent who wants to share his experience (good or bad)?
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #3097
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muststopcrashin View Post
i got my dial-a-grip blocks today must say they look good, but don't think i quite follow the set up of them, could some one make a small vid for me? just setting
one block up and when i see it im shore i will then understand.

nigel
Not sure where your question is but these are the basics. Put them on just like the AE blocks, only while tightening the main block screw into bulkhead you need to hold the block down to rest on the top set screw to locate. After tightening there should be tension on the top 1.5mm driver screw. Then lock the pin set screw againt hinge pins and drive like mad.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #3098
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Not sure where your question is but these are the basics. Put them on just like the AE blocks, only while tightening the main block screw into bulkhead you need to hold the block down to rest on the top set screw to locate. After tightening there should be tension on the top 1.5mm driver screw. Then lock the pin set screw againt hinge pins and drive like mad.
hi verndog,

just a question is there any chance of getting some pins made that are the same length as tc6 arm pins and thickness that are threaded both ends so i can mount like this.cheers

Team Associated TC6 Thread-img_0341.jpg

Team Associated TC6 Thread-img_0340.jpg
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #3099
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
hi verndog,

just a question is there any chance of getting some pins made that are the same length as tc6 arm pins and thickness that are threaded both ends so i can mount like this.cheers

Attachment 775913

Attachment 775914
Since you are running the dial-a-grips why would you want thru mount pins? Your pins are locked to your blocks and there is no need at all for that. What am I missing here?
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #3100
Tech Apprentice
 
Bobert Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I was looking for parts on the tc6 list on tqrcracing and they have the 46mm tamiya shaft in the list..does this fit? I was wondering if anyone has found any other bones to work?


Tamiya (53724)
TB Evo IV 46mm Swing Shaft - Lightweight (Blue)
__________________
ROAR# 1-121732
Bobert Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #3101
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

woops...though you said blades.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #3102
Tech Addict
 
mkennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: las vegas
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mkennedy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger999 View Post
Ok so, i had to take off alu parts and the tower... and first tight alu parts and after that push the tower and tight it again.. And now is better! Still is little bit difference but is ok. Tweak is possible to set but still cant go with 5 droops on rear, so i had to set it 5.5 about
you might have to lengthen the shock by unthreading the ball cup on the end of the shock. that should give you the droop you're looking for.
__________________
Mike Kennedy
AKA - Airtronics - F1RCLab - Thunder Power - JGO Paintz - Dialed Inc. - CompetitionX.com
mkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #3103
Tech Fanatic
 
roger999's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
you might have to lengthen the shock by unthreading the ball cup on the end of the shock. that should give you the droop you're looking for.
yes i know that but i just didnt want to do it yet, first check how the car goes like that, thanks anyway
__________________
facebook.com/rogergrafix
roger999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #3104
Tech Addict
 
woozer71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 558
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

What oil do I run in the spec-r gear diffs?
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Fraser Coast RC Car Club/FCRCCC
VBC D06 / Xray T4 2013
Yokomo BMax2 ver 2 - Tamiya F104 x1
Sanwa MT-4
woozer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #3105
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozer71 View Post
What oil do I run in the spec-r gear diffs?
hey 1000cst works good but can go heavier depending on the on and off power steering.cheers
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28961 07-11-2017 01:29 PM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net