Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Wonder if there will be Rubber and Foam versions or just Rubber.
Rubber only!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
Since the last thread dissapeared into the firey abiss along with said troll... I'll re-post my qestion

Rick, is there any chance of AE releasing a spool with replaceable plastic outdrives?
This is not planned. If you want plastic outdrives you could use the plastic diff halves set up as a slipper spool.

Originally Posted by spongerX
Hopefully AE launches with a fully race prepped version and not a lower end model followed by the team version a few months later.

Nice that they're re-using the arms and C-hubs as these are items I tend to go through the most so have a good supply of spares since I don't have any hobby stores in the country I live in.

Definitely looking forward to the launch and will be picking one up soon after launch (once it's a full race version)
The car will only be released as a Factory Team version.

Originally Posted by haywood
I'd bet it will be in that $369 to $389 range don't you think?
It should not be much different than the TC5 although I am not sure what the price will be.

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
The TC6 will probably only be a "Factory Team kit". The TC5 was only available as a Factory Team model. I can't wait for this kit to be released! They mentioned different shocks in the RedRC article, has anyone seen the different shocks?
The shocks will be similar to the new AE off-road shocks. The internals load from the outside rather than the inside.

Originally Posted by or8ital
Wonder if there will be Rubber and Foam versions or just Rubber.
There will just be a TC6 Factory Team. It works equally well on carpet, asphalt, rubber, or foam.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Rick, When will AE post pics on the site to? I want to get a closer look at the steering bell crank.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Rick!

Can you tell me, if new tc6 slipper spool or solid axle are the same
dimmensions like tc5? Or it is new part and from tc5 my solid axle (own build) will not fit?

Regards and wish you good luck!
m
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
There will just be a TC6 Factory Team. It works equally well on carpet, asphalt, rubber, or foam.
I would think, that if it works equally well on low traction asphault and high traction carpet, that just means that performance will be compromised on both, as both conditions really require vastly different amounts of chassis flex... am i wrong?
Old 07-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Excellent! Vertical inner ballstud mounts, PLEASE.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Excellent! Vertical inner ballstud mounts, PLEASE.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Some questions I asked in the last thread but never got answered;

What advantage does running the same bulkheads front and rear have? I think that it must be something for equal or optimized front to rear flex. I would imagine that that equal front rear flex would create a balanced car that would become a lot easier to create a good balanced set up for track to track. But I could be wrong. With motor mounts and such items I am not sure how you can get decent flex balance anyway.

Not to bring back in the troll topic, but will a gear diff be brought out for this car from Associated? Will they see the light of gear diffs and have one in the kit, or ready when it comes out?

To bad we cant see the likes of Ryan Cavalieri and other top Associated drivers do more on road with the new car. Be cool to see the big names.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing

What advantage does running the same bulkheads front and rear have? I think that it must be something for equal or optimized front to rear flex. I would imagine that that equal front rear flex would create a balanced car that would become a lot easier to create a good balanced set up for track to track. But I could be wrong. With motor mounts and such items I am not sure how you can get decent flex balance anyway.

Not to bring back in the troll topic, but will a gear diff be brought out for this car from Associated? Will they see the light of gear diffs and have one in the kit, or ready when it comes out?

To bad we cant see the likes of Ryan Cavalieri and other top Associated drivers do more on road with the new car. Be cool to see the big names.
in addition to your point......maybe identical bulkheads are cheaper to manufacture and they'll pass some of that savings onto to the racer? carrying spares would be easier also.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
in addition to your point......maybe identical bulkheads are cheaper to manufacture and they'll pass some of that savings onto to the racer? carrying spares would be easier also.
True! But I know that Yokomo uses the same deal, I really think that it may be a performance deal.

Kentech explanation Reading this gave me the initial thought of what must make the same bulkheads better. He does go on to drive the car in another blog post and say it is different handling 416 than a stock one. Interesting.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Castradamus
Rick, When will AE post pics on the site to? I want to get a closer look at the steering bell crank.
Photos are in process.

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi Rick!

Can you tell me, if new tc6 slipper spool or solid axle are the same
dimmensions like tc5? Or it is new part and from tc5 my solid axle (own build) will not fit?

Regards and wish you good luck!
m
The diff out drives are narrower so what fits in the TC5 will not fit in the TC6

Originally Posted by Hebiki
The cost of the car is reduced plus the racers and retailers can stock fewer parts.

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing

There will be no gear diff for the kit but the idea is being looked at for after market sales. The big name Associated drivers already race on-road - Levanen, Andersson, Hebert, Jeffries, Abbott.

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I would think, that if it works equally well on low traction asphault and high traction carpet, that just means that performance will be compromised on both, as both conditions really require vastly different amounts of chassis flex... am i wrong?
With the right setup the car is fast on both.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Yes....FORGET chassis flex as the major factor. Work on the suspension the way its supposed to be used, and you can make the car fast from track to track/surface to surface.

I don't believe the hype......I don't want a wet noodle & I don't want a brick. Give me something in the middle, and I'll use the suspension in its entirety to get the car where it needs to be.

Just my $.02
Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Yes....FORGET chassis flex as the major factor. Work on the suspension the way its supposed to be used, and you can make the car fast from track to track/surface to surface.

I don't believe the hype......I don't want a wet noodle & I don't want a brick. Give me something in the middle, and I'll use the suspension in its entirety to get the car where it needs to be.

Just my $.02
I've been skeptical of this chassis flex idea for some time. Seems like it would be "better" to tune with suspension as opposed to chassis flex. I bought the ITF chassis for my FT TC5 way back when because that is what everyone said was faster for rubber, but I never saw any gains, and I sometimes like the "feel" of the thicker chassis better even on asfault. Maybe when I get more skills I will see a difference in lap times. My ITF has since chipped and the "foam" chassis is back on my car, and it will probably stay there until I get a TC6 in the next year or two. Looks like a winner.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

In my absence from RC for the past few years a lot has changed. One of the many things i have noticed, is an apparent difference in rubber tire compounds for TC.

I still have sets of Sorex and RP tires from 4+ years ago that clearly outperform their newer counterparts. The newer compounds feel inconsistent, and do not seem to handle heat as well as the previous compounds did.

With that said, a little chassis flex isnt a bad thing as it will help negate tire inconsistency and make the car feel smooth and easy to drive. I just want a car thats tunable, durable, and a 'Jack of all Surfaces'. Ill wheel the rest...
Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee

Just my $.02
coming from our day to day use of full sized cars, this would seem to make the most sense.. but practical results on the race track with a TC, says otherwise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.