Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

received my tc6 this morning , soo far 90% please with it , a few little bits missing like ; some chassis screws , diff nut holder , one diff bolt and the nut ..

but the worst of it is the shocks , been measuring them so they are all the same etc , but one has been machined completly wrong , the top of the shock body is at least 1.5-2mm too short and on the bottom of the shock body , the shock seals will go in as far as you want them too ..

soo i geuss an email to cml distribution will be going thro tomorrow night ..

Old 06-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

x2

Originally Posted by Verndog
First off it's pretty silly to let a couple of opinions from people you dont even know chase you away from your new TC6...I suggest you re-think that thru. Everyone understands the frustration of things not going as we'd "expect" them to, but you appeared pretty hot over a few screws and tight parts when the reality of it is, those are minor inconveniences that any kit can suffer. Also double posting these problems made you appear to be more out to knock the product most of us are enjoying, even if that wasn't your intent.

Lastly on the top deck tweak, you are dealing with a 2mm narrow chassis that works awesome after you get it right, but time must be taken to find the proper tightening sequence and make sure things are in the proper position. I just saw this the other day as I was in a hurry putting back together and found tweak, loosened it up, went in proper sequence while clamping flat and problem solved. No manufacturer is going to be able to solve that for you, a calm clear head and a little time to learn the chassis will though.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shaun207
received my tc6 this morning , soo far 90% please with it , a few little bits missing like ; some chassis screws , diff nut holder , one diff bolt and the nut ..

but the worst of it is the shocks , been measuring them so they are all the same etc , but one has been machined completly wrong , the top of the shock body is at least 1.5-2mm too short and on the bottom of the shock body , the shock seals will go in as far as you want them too ..

soo i geuss an email to cml distribution will be going thro tomorrow night ..

Call them. I tried email and never got a response. They are prompt when answering the phone support.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3
Call them. I tried email and never got a response. They are prompt when answering the phone support.
ok cheers mate , ill call them in the morning ....cheers
Old 06-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default how to de tweek the chassis

hiya guys

i know it was mentioned previously, but i cant find the thread.

im suffereing from chassis tweek after i rebuilt the car, i had no probelms when i built the car initially, so im wondering what im missing.

with everything on the car loose, the chassis plate is fine, i semi tighten the bulkheads going corner to corner ie f1 r2 f2 r1.

then do the top deck in the same style then the chassis plate gets tweeked.

i losend off the bottm deck screws and then did the opposite, top deck first then bottom deck to get the same result.

the motor mount isnt on the car yet

any ideas

and yes, i have looked at the pit boss, but the shipping is too much to NZ 8(

ed

Last edited by Edwin Pibal; 06-12-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: still cant spell
Old 06-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
im suffereing from chassis tweek after i rebuilt the car, i had no probelms when i built the car initially, so im wondering what im missing.
Ed, sounds like you have isolated it to top deck tightening. You should be able to do chassis first and keep that method. Couple of questions, you rebuilt the car so what was replaced or charged, and how much tweak are you talking about?

After you rebuild something you likely dont put screws back just where they came from, and a slightly bent screw can cause this so check them all for runout as you screw them in. From there just bring them all down till they touch then after each screw is tightened you'll need to check and isolate the problem. I'd go 3 times though, just to touch, lightly snug, then tight in the pattern you're doing, and do the button heads last.

Good Luck.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Anyone previously owned a TOP Photon? Just trying to get feedback on this car in comparison to the TC6. My local track ONLY carries parts for the Photon and TC6 so I'm curious which one to get if I were to jump back into 1/10th touring...

Never really been a huge fan of Associated quality but I don't have much of a choice if parts are going to be an issue.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Anyone previously owned a TOP Photon? Just trying to get feedback on this car in comparison to the TC6. My local track ONLY carries parts for the Photon and TC6 so I'm curious which one to get if I were to jump back into 1/10th touring...

Never really been a huge fan of Associated quality but I don't have much of a choice if parts are going to be an issue.
Honestly, I feel quality is about the same with these two cars. Neither of them build well from what i've seen... I think the TOP guys realize this and are try to make up for it by giving you a spare chassis, updating their spools, etc etc.

I'm running the AE car now. I can get parts anywhere and for cheap... Sold.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Verndog
Ed, sounds like you have isolated it to top deck tightening. You should be able to do chassis first and keep that method. Couple of questions, you rebuilt the car so what was replaced or charged, and how much tweak are you talking about?

After you rebuild something you likely dont put screws back just where they came from, and a slightly bent screw can cause this so check them all for runout as you screw them in. From there just bring them all down till they touch then after each screw is tightened you'll need to check and isolate the problem. I'd go 3 times though, just to touch, lightly snug, then tight in the pattern you're doing, and do the button heads last.

Good Luck.
I had a good wack on the side, broke a rear toe block and smashed the bearings and the front steering knuckle.

i have about 2mm tweek on the rear left, which is the same side as the big hit, so im wondering if the bulkhead is bent.

Ed
Old 06-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz
Honestly, I feel quality is about the same with these two cars. Neither of them build well from what i've seen... I think the TOP guys realize this and are try to make up for it by giving you a spare chassis, updating their spools, etc etc.

I'm running the AE car now. I can get parts anywhere and for cheap... Sold.
ive just got a tc6 but have had 2 photons for the last year , just sold one and have and will be keeping the other photon ..

the photons have been really good , very strong , dont really wear , cheap for parts , dont need many things to improve them out of the box and has proved to go really well with the right set up ..

as i said im not going to be selling mine , and have only bought a tc6 as i want something different ..
Old 06-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thanks for your feedback Shaun. All I really care about is having a solid car that my track carries parts for. My driving is not good enough to choose a car that may be a tenth of a second quicker.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
I had a good wack on the side, broke a rear toe block and smashed the bearings and the front steering knuckle.

i have about 2mm tweek on the rear left, which is the same side as the big hit, so im wondering if the bulkhead is bent.
Ed
Sounds like the best place to start looking. Check for tweak after each screw tightened to isolate the exact area.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default HAPPY DAY

Our TC6's did very good on the track today. Very, very impressive day with my TC6 . Being that I haven't ran onroad in quite awhile, I had a bit of trepidation. I wanted to try the box-stock setup but.....NOT!! I had the car a bit wider, softer suspension and with PPD Billet and ReflexRacing hopups, I had to try different things.
I must admit, with some of the issues I had building the kit, those things were COMPLETELY forgotten about when the car hit the track. The car felt very confidence-inspiring. My driving was a bit off; but several guys were very impressed with its performance. With the amount of cars in 17.5, I was happy to be 7th in the show. Ended up 7th overall; but this gives me a solid platform to build on. .....now to switch out my current motor to a D3
Old 06-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great run! I've been playing with a bunch of stuff since the car came out and I must say this car has a very large "sweet spot" compared to the TC5. I have a really good starting setup for those that are interested.

This set up is for med-bite asphalt. And no, its not Heberts set up. I can't drive and well as he does and I dont run mod.

Mike
Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
Great run! I've been playing with a bunch of stuff since the car came out and I must say this car has a very large "sweet spot" compared to the TC5. I have a really good starting setup for those that are interested.

This set up is for med-bite asphalt. And no, its not Heberts set up. I can't drive and well as he does and I dont run mod.

Mike
Post it up we would like to see it!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.