Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Tonight I got as far as installing diffs and shock towers. Missing two more screws, and if that wasn't bad enough, I checked the tweak after installing the topdeck and tightning the screws on a flat surface, the front of the chassis has a millimeter and a half bow in the front. Looks like I will be calling associated again tomorrow. Very dissapointing build to this point.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
....Very dissapointing build to this point.
Sorry to hear of all your problems with build....but I have a question. Why are you double posting all these issues here and in the Keven Hebert thread...and what do you expect him to do about it?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Tonight I got as far as installing diffs and shock towers. Missing two more screws, and if that wasn't bad enough, I checked the tweak after installing the topdeck and tightning the screws on a flat surface, the front of the chassis has a millimeter and a half bow in the front. Looks like I will be calling associated again tomorrow. Very dissapointing build to this point.
I found that if you open all of the parts bags and sort out all the screws, you will most likely have all the needed screws. (the way they are categorized can be a little confusing) I actually moved some of the screws to different parts of the build to suit my preference. for example, I wanted to use the 5mm flat heads everywhere on the bottom of the chassis as I could since they fit more flush. Tightening the motor mount correctly is critical to getting the chassis flat. Another thing is to use riser blocks to set the tweak instead of putting the chassis on a flat surface. (screws) Keep in mind that it's only a 2mm thick chassis plate and is sensitive to how everything is tightened.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Sorry to hear of all your problems with build....but I have a question. Why are you double posting all these issues here and in the Keven Hebert thread...and what do you expect him to do about it?
You didn't hear? Keven is hoarding all the screws, flat chassis, and smooth CVAs in Canada. He isn't just blistering fast, he is also a bit sneaky.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Verndog
I am just trying to cover my bases in the hopes that someone can help me out of this mess.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Mudvayne you sound like your a keen model builder and have a great
eye to find what is needed to make the TC6 a better kit. yours will be the flatest, straightest, smoothest car on the track!

Man I have to come and watch you, you must never crash!

maybe lighten up on the negetive stuff on the TC6, I have one and love
mine it had some small issues in the build but I managed them and kept on going. still a great car. Verndog saw the issue that we all noticed and fixed
it. Many thanks Verndog for that you did a great job.

Just Drive the car you'll like it or you wouldnt have bought it.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ODEN
Mudvayne you sound like your a keen model builder and have a great
eye to find what is needed to make the TC6 a better kit. yours will be the flatest, straightest, smoothest car on the track!

Man I have to come and watch you, you must never crash!

maybe lighten up on the negetive stuff on the TC6, I have one and love
mine it had some small issues in the build but I managed them and kept on going. still a great car. Verndog saw the issue that we all noticed and fixed
it. Many thanks Verndog for that you did a great job.

Just Drive the car you'll like it or you wouldnt have bought it.
I have been involved in this hobby since 1989, and I have built a few models in my time. I don't expect everything to perfect, but I expect it to be right, especially when I spend over $400. At the very least it should have all the parts. But hey, thanks for your smartass attitude, its a great help!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Ok then as long as I'm helping we're moving in the right direction!

Getting you to the track and having a great time with the TC6 is
all that's important. So if you have found some screws to fill the
short fall and have left the tightening of those screw till the car
is near ready for set up and you have rung AE to replace the parts
you unhappy with, and Im very sure they can help you out there.
then your good to go. Correct!

Then slap some electronics in that baby put a body on it and hit
the track and enjoy the great product that AE make for the price
they make it for.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its ppl like you with the negative attitude towards things that ppl in the hobby listen to..... You can not expect everything to be completely perfect with every kit as they makes 1000's of them..... If you have been in the hobby for the time you say you have you would have cried on more than one occasion cause something didnt go your own way... I dont care who you are there is no need to call anyone any names and put them down..... The tc6 is the best kit I have built to date the only thing I had missing was thrust washers for the diffs so I didnt whine or bitch I just bought new thrust washers off of ebay and it was all done...

Enough said and I think u get the hint..... No matter how many posts you have on this site or what it says under your screen name on rctech you are just one other person just like anyone else period.....

I have been involved in this hobby since 1989, and I have built a few models in my time. I don't expect everything to perfect, but I expect it to be right, especially when I spend over $400. At the very least it should have all the parts. But hey, thanks for your smartass attitude, its a great help!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default TC6

I finished my build a few weeks ago and love my car. Had all the parts and it drives like a dream. Way better than my old TCX. Oh yeah added the Dial-a-grip and just installed them. Looking forward to trying those out.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Rookie

can i use trf shocks on tc6??
Old 06-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Molala4

yes you can a race mate use's them on his tc6

Ginge
Old 06-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Molala4
yes you can but i feel they would be a waste of money. they wont perform any better than the tc6 units. the new shocks when built correctly are just as smooth as tamiya trf. if you already have em you can use em but i would save them for the tamiya car as i dont think there would be any benefit on the tc6
Old 06-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Its ppl like you with the negative attitude towards things that ppl in the hobby listen to..... You can not expect everything to be completely perfect with every kit as they makes 1000's of them..... If you have been in the hobby for the time you say you have you would have cried on more than one occasion cause something didnt go your own way... I dont care who you are there is no need to call anyone any names and put them down..... The tc6 is the best kit I have built to date the only thing I had missing was thrust washers for the diffs so I didnt whine or bitch I just bought new thrust washers off of ebay and it was all done...

Enough said and I think u get the hint..... No matter how many posts you have on this site or what it says under your screen name on rctech you are just one other person just like anyone else period.....
Wow, do you feel more like man now? First of all, I didn't call anyone names, I said that the smart-ass attitude was a big help. Perhaps you should read the post again. As far as things not going my way, that's a part of life, on and off the track. Like I said in my post before, I don't expect the kit to be perfect, but I expect it to be right and the parts to be there. You say you were missing thrust washers, wow one part from the whole build. I have been missing parts from each bag if not every step of my build, and the parts don't work properly. I think I have a right to say something or "bitch" as you put it. After the way people have treated me on this thread, I think I will go to another manufacturer and leave this thread behind.

Last edited by MUDVAYNE; 06-11-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

... I think I have a right to say something or "bitch" as you put it. After the way people have treated me on this thread, I think I will go to another manufacturer and leave this thread behind.
First off it's pretty silly to let a couple of opinions from people you dont even know chase you away from your new TC6...I suggest you re-think that thru. Everyone understands the frustration of things not going as we'd "expect" them to, but you appeared pretty hot over a few screws and tight parts when the reality of it is, those are minor inconveniences that any kit can suffer. Also double posting these problems made you appear to be more out to knock the product most of us are enjoying, even if that wasn't your intent.

Lastly on the top deck tweak, you are dealing with a 2mm narrow chassis that works awesome after you get it right, but time must be taken to find the proper tightening sequence and make sure things are in the proper position. I just saw this the other day as I was in a hurry putting back together and found tweak, loosened it up, went in proper sequence while clamping flat and problem solved. No manufacturer is going to be able to solve that for you, a calm clear head and a little time to learn the chassis will though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.