Originally Posted by byohnd
i just got a tc6 today to run in a vta class. does anyone know where i can find a starting setup for this? looked on ae website and tried the search here but didnt get anywhere
Until you find someone who has run a TC6 with success in VTA, I would suggest just using one of the current sedan setups posted by the team drivers on the AE site and go from there. I haven't run my TC6 in VTA, but that's what I would do. With my TC5, I would just take off my racing slicks, bolt on my VTA tires, and I was good to go.
Originally Posted by ahpeq_ong
just read about tc6...
now changing to new kit...
tc6 will be on top of my list
so, what should i need, like hopups and gear diff and most important is spares...?
i heard spec-r can fit but have do some mod...
but i more prefer TOP..can top's gear diff fit tc6 nicely...?
and one more thing, do i need DIAL-A-GRIP for option part..?
thank you guys..
"Need" is a tricky word. You don't really "need" anything. I just bought a second set of DIAL-A-GRIPS because they are awesome and worth the money for me so that I don't have to worry about my hinge pins coming loose, but I "survived" without them till now. I've been running a ball diff with success, but picked up a gear diff to try out for a tuning option.
- I bought 4 shorter than stock camber link turnbuckles because the stock ones only fit position #7
- I picked up an extra pair of green and silver springs so I can run all green or all silver
- I bought some silver long 8mm ball studs because a lot of posted setups use those.
- When I break, I break: 0 degree rear hubs, caster blocks, and steering knuckles. That's about it.
- Keeping some extra 6X10 bearing on hand will come in handy eventually
- Definitely buy some serrated wheel nuts, because nobody wants to loose a nut.