Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have not had any problems with the arm mounts moving excessivley. I re check them after every couple of runs, but I'm using the 12R5.1 arm shims as well.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It depends on what suspension block you are using. The longer ones do it worse. So long as they move just a little bit, then they are moving, and this can cause problems in handling.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
It depends on what suspension block you are using. The longer ones do it worse. So long as they move just a little bit, then they are moving, and this can cause problems in handling.
I usually run the "1" dot blocks in the top hole. No issues here.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

On carpet, the "0" and "1"s move a bunch! Noticeable handling difference in a 6 minute run. I thought it was just my rusty driving technique at first and wrote it off for a couple of months. Then frustration crept in with the nagging movement issue.

For a test I rolled around the track at 1/2 throttle for 15 laps and checked them and they were loose!!!

I'm sold on the Dial-a-Grip!!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burgboyz
On carpet, the "0" and "1"s move a bunch! Noticeable handling difference in a 6 minute run. I thought it was just my rusty driving technique at first and wrote it off for a couple of months. Then frustration crept in with the nagging movement issue.

For a test I rolled around the track at 1/2 throttle for 15 laps and checked them and they were loose!!!

I'm sold on the Dial-a-Grip!!
That exact frustration is what drove me to say ENOUGH! Running 2 cars and 1 being mod and tearing up belts on my 008 then having to check and tighten the TC6 and corner about drove me to drink again....and that wouldn't be pretty. 1 major part of the problem as others noted is the new 0 block being longer then TC5 blocks, plus changing the screw head side puts less tension on the actual block. IF someone says a slick carbon flat shim would solve this I'd like to see that because it makes no sense at all that making it a slicker friction condition would help. It needs to be trapped to be reliable like Christians shims or far superior then OEM blocks like ours. Either way there is now help.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Verndog
That exact frustration is what drove me to say ENOUGH! Running 2 cars and 1 being mod and tearing up belts on my 008 then having to check and tighten the TC6 and corner about drove me to drink again....and that wouldn't be pretty. 1 major part of the problem as others noted is the new 0 block being longer then TC5 blocks, plus changing the screw head side puts less tension on the actual block. IF someone says a slick carbon flat shim would solve this I'd like to see that because it makes no sense at all that making it a slicker friction condition would help. It needs to be trapped to be reliable like Christians shims or far superior then OEM blocks like ours. Either way there is now help.
Forgot to say; I roughened up each side of my carbon shims with 60 grit sandpaper. I also roughened up the arm mounts and bulkheads. This gives zero movement in normal conditions.

I never tested shiny unsanded carbon, as I agree that I don't think it would offer much friction
Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I just zip tie around both blocks,ugly but it works great
Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Just received my dial-a-grips from Kevin at PPD (Verndog).

First set in the UK???

Anyway, I plan to get them installed and tested this weekend. I'm going to post a review on http://www.10thelectric.co.uk.

First impressions are great. The machining is sweet
Old 06-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Just received my dial-a-grips from Kevin at PPD (Verndog).

First set in the UK???

Anyway, I plan to get them installed and tested this weekend. I'm going to post a review on http://www.10thelectric.co.uk.

First impressions are great. The machining is sweet
That is correct Chris...you are the only one in an entire nation with these (for now)! A couple to Canada and 20 sets going to Australia Monday.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

hey guys i noticed the ackerman setting i like i have not seen anybody run but i find very balanced from high to low speed. I run 2c 7b. only problem is to run this with full steering i have to dremel chassis to give full movement for servo horn. So i did it both sides just for even flex. I notice it provides ackerman in the late stages of the lock but only a little bit. If your a keen tuner give a go.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
That is correct Chris...you are the only one in an entire nation with these (for now)! A couple to Canada and 20 sets going to Australia Monday.
I just ordered a set..cant wait to give these a go! I just got this car and lost a block in the 2nd qual on the first day of using it..the block flew into the pit area.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobert Ross
I just ordered a set..cant wait to give these a go! I just got this car and lost a block in the 2nd qual on the first day of using it..the block flew into the pit area.
just ordered both sets cant wait to test them out
Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bobert Ross
Bobert--please check your email on the 0 block question. I will be shipping today and would like to get yours included with those.

Kevin--PPD
Old 06-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Verndog,

I received the #2 suspension blocks today they look sweet too bad I can't race my car today our race is cancelled due to damn rain.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Verndog,

I received the #2 suspension blocks today they look sweet too bad I can't race my car today our race is cancelled due to damn rain.
On one hand I'm sorry to hear that, on the other the reason you have rain is the front headed your way and we have sunny and 80 all weekend! Hopefully next weekend we both get sun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.