R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #2746
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I got no problem with mine xray spur is offset so pinion sits further close the motor so it's not touching the belt..
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:06 AM   #2747
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Barbados
Posts: 214
Default

Finally got my TC6. Has anyone else had issues with the hinge pins? All 4 of my inner ones are slightly bent. I thought it might have been my setup board but I rolled one of my old TC5 hinge pins and it rolled true. The TC6 hinge pins seem to have a rough edge as well where the older TC5 have a nicely bevelled edge.

Are there any tricks to getting zero rebound on the shocks? I've drilled a small hole in the cap but can't seem to get consistent rebound building them the same way I would my TC5 shocks.
spongerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #2748
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,043
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongerX View Post
Finally got my TC6. Has anyone else had issues with the hinge pins? All 4 of my inner ones are slightly bent. I thought it might have been my setup board but I rolled one of my old TC5 hinge pins and it rolled true. The TC6 hinge pins seem to have a rough edge as well where the older TC5 have a nicely bevelled edge.

Are there any tricks to getting zero rebound on the shocks? I've drilled a small hole in the cap but can't seem to get consistent rebound building them the same way I would my TC5 shocks.
As for the shocks I normally put the bladder in at a 45deg angle and then push out the excess oil. I do this until no extra oil comes out, this along with the hole in the cap makes a really dead shock. Also make sure you use a shock pump and ensure that you get all of the air out of the oil.
__________________
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | Proline | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #2749
Tech Master
 
DIALED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,642
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default PPD Billet Dial-a-Grip Blocks!!

For anyone who's interested (and even you who aren't ), I just wanted to post something "real-world" about the PPD "Dial-a-Grip" blocks.
THEY ARE THE SHeeeT!

I've put several packs through the car with 'em on there and guess what:NO Movement! The way they lock onto the hinge pins and bulkhead makes them far more solid than the stock pieces--and completely adjustable, thankyou very much.

And I swear the car feels more solid too--though some of this is probably just in my head Once they get on the car, the whole "bling factor" takes over (or at least it did in my case!) and rationality gives way to litte-kid enthusiasm

It's gonna take me a while to figure out how to make the most of the adjustments because I've never been able to fine-tune RC, AD, KU, etc. so quick. It's something I can now do trackside!!!

Thanks Kevin at PPD for coming up with something that should have been thought of years ago. I just wonder how long it's gonna be till they get copied...
Maybe you can get a patent or something?
DIALED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #2750
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,408
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIALED View Post
For anyone who's interested (and even you who aren't ), I just wanted to post something "real-world" about the PPD "Dial-a-Grip" blocks.
THEY ARE THE SHeeeT!

I've put several packs through the car with 'em on there and guess what:NO Movement! The way they lock onto the hinge pins and bulkhead makes them far more solid than the stock pieces--and completely adjustable, thankyou very much.

And I swear the car feels more solid too--though some of this is probably just in my head Once they get on the car, the whole "bling factor" takes over (or at least it did in my case!) and rationality gives way to litte-kid enthusiasm

It's gonna take me a while to figure out how to make the most of the adjustments because I've never been able to fine-tune RC, AD, KU, etc. so quick. It's something I can now do trackside!!!

Thanks Kevin at PPD for coming up with something that should have been thought of years ago. I just wonder how long it's gonna be till they get copied...
Maybe you can get a patent or something?


It might be copied but never the quality of ppd,kevins products are second to none
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-MCFACTORY MOTORSPORTS-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #2751
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIALED View Post
For anyone who's interested (and even you who aren't ), I just wanted to post something "real-world" about the PPD "Dial-a-Grip" blocks.
THEY ARE THE SHeeeT!

I've put several packs through the car with 'em on there and guess what:NO Movement! The way they lock onto the hinge pins and bulkhead makes them far more solid than the stock pieces--and completely adjustable, thankyou very much.

And I swear the car feels more solid too--though some of this is probably just in my head Once they get on the car, the whole "bling factor" takes over (or at least it did in my case!) and rationality gives way to litte-kid enthusiasm

It's gonna take me a while to figure out how to make the most of the adjustments because I've never been able to fine-tune RC, AD, KU, etc. so quick. It's something I can now do trackside!!!

Thanks Kevin at PPD for coming up with something that should have been thought of years ago. I just wonder how long it's gonna be till they get copied...
Maybe you can get a patent or something?
After spending the entire Memorial weekend at the shop working 12+ hour days running 2 machines knocking more of these out....this kind of satisfaction makes it all worth while....thank you Brett. They are now available along with an optional "2 block" that more then spans the entire AE block range.
They will get copied, but for now ONLY TC6 has this option.
As far as making the most...I'll say take 5 minutes (or less) adjust 1 turn and see what it does, if it's worse try the other direction, now changing the on and off power weight distribution is simple, and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
It might be copied but never the quality of ppd,kevins products are second to none
Thank you also Warren, we take alot of pride and no shortcuts in making things correctly and doing it once. This makes for happy customers with very little need for "product support"...who wants a phone call while your on the drivers stand.
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #2752
Tech Regular
 
JRXS_chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 386
Default

Whats the '2' block Vern?
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #2753
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris View Post
Whats the '2' block Vern?
An optional shorter block that goes from AE 1 to 3 in adjustment....just released.

__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #2754
Tech Master
 
bshookup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 1,543
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatter View Post
Does your pinion and spur line up good? Is it necassary to use a slotted spur for the motor screws? Or is ok to use the front and bottom holes?
I've been using the front and bottom screws with no problem. Pretty trick that the TC6 has motor screw options.
__________________
TOP RACING: www.top-racing.jp/
TEAM POWERS: www.teampowersusa.net/
bshookup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #2755
Tech Adept
 
jackdani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 198
Default

hi there,
i would like to introduce again my tc6,
this time the mounting is well finished and the body has got the right artwork from a serious painter!
I m gonna race 13.5 stock with the car,
and i m using, as you can see, nosram combo stock spec/pearl spec...which is, so far, the best electronics i have ever tryed.
servo is a savox 1251...my favourit servo which i find also not expensive, compared with the performaces.
lipo are the new vampire 6200, 60c...pretty awesome perfomance even there..
everything is cabled by myself trying to do the best..

btw an upgrade is on the way..i m waiting the "screwz" stainless steel screws set...which i do need because some of my kit screws were terrible!

hope you like...

















__________________
- Team Durando DNX408 v2
- Alpha a852 Lutz edition
- Runner Time fuel
- Sanwa m11x
- Pitshark.it
jackdani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #2756
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: long island
Posts: 94
Default

ordered mine cant wait to get then:
jerry l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #2757
Tech Master
 
DIALED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,642
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Just ordered my second set!
DIALED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #2758
Tech Elite
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,072
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
After spending the entire Memorial weekend at the shop working 12+ hour days running 2 machines knocking more of these out....this kind of satisfaction makes it all worth while....thank you Brett. They are now available along with an optional "2 block" that more then spans the entire AE block range.
They will get copied, but for now ONLY TC6 has this option.
As far as making the most...I'll say take 5 minutes (or less) adjust 1 turn and see what it does, if it's worse try the other direction, now changing the on and off power weight distribution is simple, and fast.



Thank you also Warren, we take alot of pride and no shortcuts in making things correctly and doing it once. This makes for happy customers with very little need for "product support"...who wants a phone call while your on the drivers stand.
Just got mine today, they look great! Can't wait to give it a go.
__________________
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #2759
Tech Addict
 
mkennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: las vegas
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mkennedy
Default

got mine today too...they really look great and installed like butter!!! great job kevin!!!!!
__________________
Mike Kennedy
AKA - Airtronics - F1RCLab - Thunder Power - JGO Paintz - Dialed Inc. - CompetitionX.com
mkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #2760
Tech Fanatic
 
dmatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Galloway, Ohio
Posts: 860
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Anybody have any spur gear suggestions? I dont like it when my my gears dont line up. Makes them wear funny or not so funny.
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13249 01-14-2017 07:34 AM
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28937 01-14-2017 07:26 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 12:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0