Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
you need to remove about .5 mm off of each side. i put mine in a lathe and just removed some material. you can also do it with a dremel. you also need to dremel the dogbones a little or drill the outdrive bigger. i chose to dremel the dogbone, it took 5 min per side. i run the spec r diff in mine with no issues. they say the yokomo is better but its hard to get and even harder to get rebuild parts. spec r is making one for the tc6 due out in about a month and associated is working on there own version

Thanks for your advice.

My DIY skills are not that great so will prob wait till spec-r bring a direct fit.

Thanks again.

Mark
Old 05-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Don't believe this. It is not true! The hard parts are good!
i agree.

i FINALLY broke my tc6 this weekend after taking a huge hit on a wall which broke the steering knuckle and rear toe block on the same side.

so a total of $5 worth of damage.

try getting off that cheap with a xray!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
i agree.

i FINALLY broke my tc6 this weekend after taking a huge hit on a wall which broke the steering knuckle and rear toe block on the same side.

so a total of $5 worth of damage.

try getting off that cheap with a xray!

Agreed!!

Not only tc6 is bullet proof but also cheap in spares!

I can tell you that i broke my bd5 two Times with a very little crash, really not a crash, while i crashed bad my tc6 once ( aldough i dont crash aften)
And nothing appened!

+1 ae!!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is AE plan to release a Foam and Rubber version of TC6 like they did with TC5 ?
Old 05-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Just out of curiousity, how many here run a chassis protector on their car during the asphalt season?
i use a sheet of lexan with carpenters tape which is very thin double sided tape it works awesome
Old 05-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

AE sells a chassis protective sheet, part number asc9787
Old 05-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The reason I was asking is that I have some material left over from the car bra's we used to install at a dealership I used to work at, and it basically looks like clear vinyl, only allot more durable. This stuff protects 1:1 cars from rocks and debris at high speeds, I would imagine it would also protect a chassis as well. I might have to start drawing some stuff up tomorrow and get it ready.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bshookup
I got the chance to put my set of dail-a-grips through the paces today, and they worked flawlessly. I didn't put mine through the intentional pounding that it sounds like Verndog did, but I was on my lid a couple times and hit a barrier or two, and my blocks had ZERO movement. I was able to shim my arms so that they had no slop, and by the end of the day, they still had no slop. I have two TC6s, and I ran mod with one and 17.5 with the other today for a club race. The car that had the Dial-A-Grips, had no slop issues all day, and my car with the stock blocks had to be checked and tightened after every run. Nice job creating these Verndog. They are winners.
My pleasure Brian, glad they are helping give that lost time back. Brian was actually running a staggered block setup that IIRC was a 0 in front and a 1 in the rear. He was able to accomplish that with adjusting the dial a grip with a single block. I had some extra material on this run so as an option I added a 2 block that spans the entire range of AE blocks (and everything between that they don't) along with the 0 for those that want to run stagger or lower block setups. Those will be available in 4 or 8 packs this week. Much of what shipped last week is just making it to people or the track so we should start to get more feedback this week.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tc6 rules on asphalt ;)

ha

tc6 rules on asphalt

but I'm pussy driver, can't use grippy rocket on corners

my tires after 5x 5min run in modified class:

http://abram.eu.org/files/tc6/front_sorex36.jpg
http://abram.eu.org/files/tc6/rear_sorex36.jpg

:-)
setup there: http://www.rc-setups.com/setups/290/edit

Regards!
m
Old 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

You bet TC6 rules, this weekend managed to get a hard 4th place at the Portuguese Nationals and secured the leading of the Championship.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
The reason I was asking is that I have some material left over from the car bra's we used to install at a dealership I used to work at, and it basically looks like clear vinyl, only allot more durable. This stuff protects 1:1 cars from rocks and debris at high speeds, I would imagine it would also protect a chassis as well. I might have to start drawing some stuff up tomorrow and get it ready.
rommels rc world has been doing those for a few years now but the lexan works especially on the curbs at jackson i use it to protect my motor and the chassis
www.rommelsrcworld.com
Old 05-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by superspeed
AE sells a chassis protective sheet, part number asc9787
it works good if you change it often but it will cost to much
Old 05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the best brand of 64 pitch gears for this car? My PRS gears seem off centered to the right of the spur about 50% I cant nove it to the left because of the flat spot on the Motor shaft. Dont want to flip the pinion because it rubs the belt.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm using the X-ray 64 pitch spur...
Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I'm using the X-ray 64 pitch spur...
Does your pinion and spur line up good? Is it necassary to use a slotted spur for the motor screws? Or is ok to use the front and bottom holes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.