R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 05-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #2551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would ask one of your teammates before posting on here.
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #2552
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
Hey guys what is invloved in getting a gear diff in the tc6 i ve heard its a yokamo gear diff b ut what mods if any need to be done? Thanks guys
Can anyone tell me?
Rdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #2553
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
Can anyone tell me?
You can use the Spec R BD5 40T diff. You will need to ream the out drives. I used a 6.5 chucking reamer with a hand drill. Also you will need to clearance the case as the bearing spacing is to wide for the bulkheads

Last edited by B.JUCHA; 05-12-2011 at 08:32 PM.
B.JUCHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #2554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I personally run 650-700 cst oil, which is like 50-55wt oil. If I am on Carpet, I will got to around 800-1000. This is for 17.5 boosted, which should translate well to 13.5 and 17.5 blinky. This is with a Spec R gear diff.

When I attempted going heavier, the car had a tendency to over-rotate on throttle. The 650 wt oil allows me to be more aggressive on throttle without the rear end stepping out on me.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #2555
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

thanx christian! i cant wait for the reflex parts! i race with jeff cuffs at our home track and cant wait to put em to the test! thanx again
Old 05-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #2556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Caster blocks

Dumb ?

I am installing the 6 degree caster blocks in the Hebert set up. How do I know which is the right side or the left?
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #2557
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Dumb ?

I am installing the 6 degree caster blocks in the Hebert set up. How do I know which is the right side or the left?
They should be labeled with small molded-in numbers- 6L & 6R
Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #2558
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Dumb ?

If I have a hard time finding a left or right marking I run a hex wrench through the pivot pin hole with the wrench horizontal and see which way the c-hub leans. This will tell me if it is a right or left. If you have a bunch of different degree hubs mixed together this doesn't work so well.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #2559
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
thanx christian! i cant wait for the reflex parts! i race with jeff cuffs at our home track and cant wait to put em to the test! thanx again
My pleasure
Old 05-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #2560
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni View Post
They should be labeled with small molded-in numbers- 6L & 6R
Perfect. Thanks so much. Couldn't see them on the side
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #2561
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Posted this in another thread but better leave here as well.

Here is what you need to convert the Hot Bodies DCJ driveshafts to fit the TC5 / TC6

Tools: Dremel with 1/8 rotary file - #40 .098 dia. drill bit - 1.5 and 2.0 mm hex drivers and wheel wrench.

Parts: Hot Bodies DCJ 67699 drive shafts - Hot Bodies HB70742 5mm wheel hex's (comes with 4 hex's, pins and screws) - CRC CLN 4741 5mm shims - stock TC6 blades - (4) 3 x 5 x 10 mm wheel bearings.

1) Drill blade pin holes out to .098 dia thru each side at a time and mount blades.

2) Remove C hubs from steering arm and take dremel and open the slot to .375 wide, this leaves .095 wall thickness on each side so watch wall on first side then open second side to keep symmetrical on C hub.

3) Insert new bearings into steering arm then mount up the C hub without the drive shaft for now. Then test fit the drive shaft by sliding thru opening into bearings, it should go thru without hitting now.

4) Mount assembly back into arms, add the new CRC shim, new HB pin (comes with hex kit) and new hex's (nice quality hex BTW), then bench test.

The Good, front drive chatter GONE very smooth, good quality parts. Driveshafts can now be removed without removing C hubs, no set screws to come apart on driveshafts.

The Bad, have to keep another bearing and spare hex size, the driveshafts are press fit pins (no set screw to rebuild), but looks like with some care and good short pin punches they could have new pins pressed in, and for now about $90.00 you have smooth driveshafts with no backups if 1 fails.

Track time will tell later if this was worth it...IMO questionable at this point...but I like for now.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #2562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to johnny55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post

Here is what you need to convert the Hot Bodies DCJ driveshafts to fit the TC5 / TC6

Tools: Dremel with 1/8 rotary file - #40 .098 dia. drill bit - 1.5 and 2.0 mm hex drivers and wheel wrench.

Parts: Hot Bodies DCJ 67699 drive shafts - Hot Bodies HB70742 5mm wheel hex's (comes with 4 hex's, pins and screws) - CRC CLN 4741 5mm shims - stock TC6 blades - (4) 3 x 5 x 10 mm wheel bearings.

1) Drill blade pin holes out to .098 dia thru each side at a time and mount blades.

2) Remove C hubs from steering arm and take dremel and open the slot to .375 wide, this leaves .095 wall thickness on each side so watch wall on first side then open second side to keep symmetrical on C hub.

3) Insert new bearings into steering arm then mount up the C hub without the drive shaft for now. Then test fit the drive shaft by sliding thru opening into bearings, it should go thru without hitting now.

4) Mount assembly back into arms, add the new CRC shim, new HB pin (comes with hex kit) and new hex's (nice quality hex BTW), then bench test.

The Good, front drive chatter GONE very smooth, good quality parts. Driveshafts can now be removed without removing C hubs, no set screws to come apart on driveshafts.

The Bad, have to keep another bearing and spare hex size, the driveshafts are press fit pins (no set screw to rebuild), but looks like with some care and good short pin punches they could have new pins pressed in, and for now about $90.00 you have smooth driveshafts with no backups if 1 fails.

Track time will tell later if this was worth it...IMO questionable at this point...but I like for now.
Nice, keep us posted
Old 05-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #2563
Tech Addict

I would run start at 70-80 wt oil and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
what are you guys running for oil in gear diff for 17.5 and 13.5 blinky thanx
Old 05-13-2011, 05:05 AM   #2564
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post

Did you go faster with these put on your car? I personally have not seen a decrease in laptimes at all . I sometimes think the stock one's help the car get into the corner better were as these make the car push more on corner entry.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #2565
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock View Post
Did you go faster with these put on your car? I personally have not seen a decrease in laptimes at all . I sometimes think the stock one's help the car get into the corner better were as these make the car push more on corner entry.
Jury still out on that Mike, but in all honesty I somewhat doubt it will make a very noticeable difference. I was hoping for a bit more consistency on entry and you are saying just the opposite is true. I find that odd, as how does truer running tires with less friction going into corner create more push on entry?
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote