Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Kevin, make me a set if you like the design. I trust ya.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Simpler sounds good! What about the full length arm mount shims that were "promised" some pages earlier which should cover this problem?
Originally Posted by Verndog
Not sure about simpler, I could have 8 of those done and on my car before I went home today. Quick, cheap and simple to build in 1 machine operation.

I still prefer my setscrew idea as it also deals and resolves pin slop....2 birds with 1 stone.

It's a shim, that keeps the arms from moving. It integrates a set-screw, and it is the same L to R. We use aluminum washers to space out the car still. We could get them done quickly, but as any part that we want to produce is, we want to be able to manufacture in large quantities. We are not a "custom machine shop" - we are a manufacturer and we have to be able to service a much larger audience at a good price. This is not a cheap product either, because you have 8 mounts on a car and you must use at least 4 and up to 8 of these shims on a car- regardless of design.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Hey Kevin, make me a set if you like the design. I trust ya.
Got ya covered. First I'll try the .79c design, serrated washers and tap the stock blocks and see if that will hold on Saturday. If not then onto overkill mode.

BTW those that are having this problem using the 0 or 1 blocks are most prone since the longer length gives more leverage to move the pin block.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default One-way diff

Hello,

After spending 3 days reading I did not see much on a one-way for the TC6. Has anyone gotten the TC5 one-way to work in the TC6?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

oneways aren't used too much these days. The spool has been the thing to use for a few years now and the gear diff is making a resurgence in a big way.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Spur gear

Guys, I know I saw this somewhere. Sorry but what spurs work with the TC6? My RW spur does not. I can not get the back motor screw in.

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default spool /diff screw question

hi all! i just got my TC6 kit and just started building it then i come across this question.... the screw for the spool and diff is like so too short that i can never get it locked into the lock nut.....what can i do then? thx
Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Molala4
hi all! i just got my TC6 kit and just started building it then i come across this question.... the screw for the spool and diff is like so too short that i can never get it locked into the lock nut.....what can i do then? thx
Make sure the nut is pushed all the way down in the black holder. Should fix the issue!

Also make sure you crimp the spring with pliers...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by artwork
Make sure the nut is pushed all the way down in the black holder. Should fix the issue!

Also make sure you crimp the spring with pliers...

yeah i have done both......: ( still not working...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Molala4
yeah i have done both......: ( still not working...

By all the way down he does not mean flush, he means like its almost possible to put a second nut on top of the first, at least this is how it was with the TC5 and I don't think anything has changed from these parts in the tc6.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by corallyman
By all the way down he does not mean flush, he means like its almost possible to put a second nut on top of the first, at least this is how it was with the TC5 and I don't think anything has changed from these parts in the tc6.

OIC i i will try! thx a million!!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Rookie

This really happened to me! Make sure that you don't have one of those small round spacers wedged in the diff outdrive. I had a blue aluminum one somehow get into a blue aluminum outdrive so it blended right in. Then the screw of course went right through, but was never long enough. Spent the whole night and next morning trying to get the thing to cinch down. With the grease in there holding it in it was not going anywhere. I thought maybe a ball bearing was stuck in there some how and out came the little 2mm spacer instead. Went together the next try.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Guys, I know I saw this somewhere. Sorry but what spurs work with the TC6? My RW spur does not. I can not get the back motor screw in.

Thanks.
Hi! The RW spur would work, but you have to use the third hole for the motor screw, which is under your pinion!

Hope I can help you!

Greets
Old 04-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm really a bag of mixed nuts right now with the purchase of this new kit and a couple of other manufacturers hopups for this car. Reading all these issues with tweaked chassis'/motor mount issues, screws, cheap bearings, shock pistons and CVD's is REALLY having me considering selling all that I have purchased. Someone PLEASE CONVINCE ME otherwise. PLEASE
Old 04-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Started my build tonight... Can't get my car to sit flat on my setup board with the top deck on!

What gives? I know what I'm doing.... pop the top deck off and it's flat as a board. None of the bulkheads are bent.

Anyone have any ideas? This is a major buzzkill. If this is a sign of what's to come, then I've obviously picked the wrong color car this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.