R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 03:29 AM   #1846
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
Lol this was a funny topic at my track last Saturday. As per the instruction I guess I have them upside down. The ball cup is on the top side of the steering knuckle. It looks better and couldn't find any negative effects on bump steer. Have a month on the car and im amazed on how much the chassis generates traction.
From what they say the steering blocks go upside down from the tc5 if you run 6 degree caster
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-BITTYDESIGN-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #1847
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia.
Posts: 1,343
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkonking View Post
What do you guys use to keep battery in place, tape or velcro strap?
Please pose pic of ur set up.......
I use the Top Photon velcro battery strap, it was only like AUD$10 posted, but I think it was Melbourne, Aus so I'm not sure of availability overseas.
__________________
Team Associated B5m | Team Associated T5m | Team Associated TC6 | Team Associated TC5x
Scooter79rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #1848
Tech Fanatic
 
Castradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indianna
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Can someone clarify something please. In the rear of the TC5/6, If you are running 0 deg hub, a 1 mm FWD mount shim and 3.5 mm RWD mount shim. How is it possible that this equal 3.0 deg of toe? I see this repeatedly on different setup sheets.
__________________
Destiny | Xenon USA | Speedzone | High Velocity RC | TQ Wire | dIgItS pAiNt

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. - Muhammad Ali
Castradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 AM   #1849
Tech Elite
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castradamus View Post
Can someone clarify something please. In the rear of the TC5/6, If you are running 0 deg hub, a 1 mm FWD mount shim and 3.5 mm RWD mount shim. How is it possible that this equal 3.0 deg of toe? I see this repeatedly on different setup sheets.
I think the distance between the front and rear mounts is ~45 mm. So if you do invtan(2.5/45) = 3.1 degrees.
__________________
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #1850
Tech Fanatic
 
Castradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indianna
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Wow that was a better explanation than I hoped for. Thank you
__________________
Destiny | Xenon USA | Speedzone | High Velocity RC | TQ Wire | dIgItS pAiNt

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. - Muhammad Ali
Castradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:13 AM   #1851
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castradamus View Post
Wow that was a better explanation than I hoped for. Thank you
cas it also gives more forward bite due to a shorter wheelbase
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-BITTYDESIGN-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #1852
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy View Post
I think the distance between the front and rear mounts is ~45 mm. So if you do invtan(2.5/45) = 3.1 degrees.
For people who are not engineers: .8mm shims will equal 1 deg of toe
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #1853
Tech Elite
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Default

Not just engineers that get taught geometry

But yes, Josh is totally correct. 2.5 mm/3.1* = 0.80

Josh, shakedown went well last night. Onto the Midwest grand slam race at Indy!
__________________
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #1854
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
Lol this was a funny topic at my track last Saturday. As per the instruction I guess I have them upside down. The ball cup is on the top side of the steering knuckle. It looks better and couldn't find any negative effects on bump steer. Have a month on the car and im amazed on how much the chassis generates traction.
Most of the factory team run em this way! Keven Hebert said you don't gain or lose anything it's more of a feel thing! And you can add washers under ball stud for bump steer! I installed them this way and should be good!
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #1855
Tech Elite
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Asgard
Posts: 3,995
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy View Post
I think the distance between the front and rear mounts is ~45 mm. So if you do invtan(2.5/45) = 3.1 degrees.
Wow...that just took me back to high school..reminds how I have forgotten
Thanks dude l.
__________________
everything is Cause and effect
every Action has a reaction.
"I drank too much wine - I must take a p!ss"
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #1856
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter79rs View Post
I use the Top Photon velcro battery strap, it was only like AUD$10 posted, but I think it was Melbourne, Aus so I'm not sure of availability overseas.
That's the one that I use, easy availability in the USA. Works perfectly.
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #1857
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy View Post
Not just engineers that get taught geometry

But yes, Josh is totally correct. 2.5 mm/3.1* = 0.80

Josh, shakedown went well last night. Onto the Midwest grand slam race at Indy!
Great to hear, good luck.
I wish I could make it.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #1858
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,582
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
That's the one that I use, easy availability in the USA. Works perfectly.
PMd you about the strap, can't seem to locate one..

Thanks!!!!
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #1859
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi Maker View Post
PMd you about the strap, can't seem to locate one..

Thanks!!!!
Yeah, their parts aren't widely distributed, but if your LHS can't order one for you, you can call TOP USA directly and they'll hook you up. They used to have a web store, but it got hacked, so just give them a call. Good, friendly folks and they usually ship the same day.
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #1860
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Yeah, their parts aren't widely distributed, but if your LHS can't order one for you, you can call TOP USA directly and they'll hook you up. They used to have a web store, but it got hacked, so just give them a call. Good, friendly folks and they usually ship the same day.
part number please ...
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28970 09-28-2017 07:28 AM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net