Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help me decide - HPI PRO 4 or XRAY T1 FK

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

kewdawg

YOU said evo2 was released less than a year ago i just pointed out how very wrong your statement was !!

IF you wern't implying a time line, what was the "Although, I think they piss their buyers off, by putting out new kits every 6 months!" statement all about ??

Please think about what your posting m8
Old 06-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am running a BMI HPI Pro4 and a BMI Xray w/ short arms tonight-back to back. I think its gonna be real hard to ever decide as they both are pretty awesome cars.
I suppose if I get closer w/ one on set-up than the other -than I will be more inclined to run the faster one than the other.
Ray

Last edited by rayhuang; 06-02-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anybody tried running the xray with a side by side battery configuration?
Old 06-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

I read comments on here from many racers-including Josh Cyrul who said its terribly imbalanced. Makes sense as the motor's centered and batteries all on one side. Only good if you ran TC oval race.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tight track, large track, smooth or rough.... It all comes down to set up and how good you are at it.

I say Xray, but hey I wouldnt say anything else. I own (2) T1Rs, so my saying Xray might be slightly bias.

If you try hard enough you will find support anywhere for either cars.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
To clear things up for you the Evo 2 was released well over a year before. You are thinking of the Evo 2 FOC which was the Evo 2 with the added c hub suspension. And he IS right on his release date. They did bring out the T1R 6 months before but that was a lower priced kit that could still win races. As far as excessive on prices, have you ever built a Xray? Nuff said. They are the best cars I have ever built. They go together better than any other car on the market. You can ask any of the Xray owners on this website if they feel they got hosed. Garranttee that most of them don't. Besides all the cars are the SAME. All parts will fit with all the cars. I don't know of any other manufacurers that can claim that with the exception of Alex Racing. (most parts of the R2 fit the R3) And if you look many people are spending even more money to build a TC3, XXXS, or SD to get them to compete with the Xrays.

BTW you can buy a T1R for roughly $200 new and whoop up on a FT TC3. I don't think that's excessive.
I know plenty of Xray owners who feel "hosed". The sentiment is: Oh well, I'm already a few hundred (at least three) into this car, I might as well go ahead and ... . Hey, listen, this isn't just a Xray thing. Other manufacturers do similar things. I only brought it up because of the debate over the two cars. As far as the sub-debate, we're having about the exact release dates - I guess I should've put quotation marks around 6 months ("6 months"). Maybe then, Merci... would've known I was using sarcasm to show emphasis. Whether the date is 6 months or 10 months, SOME people feel its too soon, especially after they've spent a ton of money to hop-up the current kit.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As an Evo 2 owner who just bought a FK heres my point of view on X-ray and their 'upgrades'. My Evo 2 was upgraded to NEARLY FK specs (everything except the bulkheads) for somewhere around $40 (short arm conversion). IMO thats 95% of the performance the FK has, the other little bits in the FK are nice, don't get me wrong, but for a "need to upgrade to remain competitive" is completely incorrect. I don't think less than $40 to get 95% of the performance of the latest and greatest kit is excessive.

The only reason I sold my Evo 2 is because a local guy here whos got more money than time wanted an X-Ray and gave me $350 for my Evo 2 (and yes, I did tell him it was worth half that on Ebay), but he still wanted to pay that much....so I stopped arguing.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

kewdawg

I think you got some problems ???

Your arguments seem alittle suspect and i ain't the only person here picking holes in them....

If you like the HPI better, thats fine with me But just don't dis the X-ray if you can't come up with something poor about it.

Theres alot of people out there that can't come up with a good reason as to why product A is better/worse than product B but just spout off a load of sh1t (sorry but i now think you've fallen into this catogory)

And as for they release to many new products ........... Well thats thew most stupid thing i ever heard.There's no rule saying you got to go buy them !! As a long term racer (20yrs) i like to have the opertunity to run what the team guys get, not get the it's a prototype so sorry you can't get it responce you get from so many other manufactures.

I suspose you think it was a good thing that HPI just left the pro3 out there for 2yrs while developing the pro4 with no real susport at all, but produced prototype cars for there stars to run at the big events (prolly saying to the unsuspecting that it was a pro3 too!!)
Old 06-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Sorry forgot to ask..................

What exactly did they spend a load of money on, up grading the FOC edition ??

As anything for the FOC will go on the FT, and if i had a FOC i couldn't see the point in getting a FT as there's really very little difference. After you add the $40 wishbones.

Be fair if your racing r/c at top level and anyone with an X-RAY or HPI Pro4 ain't doing on a tight budget no matter what they tell you !!! a $40 wishbones set isn't the end of the world and if they/you really feel the need for the latest X-Ray, thats out of vanity and no "real" need for it !!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

If any one should feel hosed it should be the Pro 4 owners sinse they spend roughly $300 for a kit that the chassis tweeks easily and it strips diff gears. They have to go out and buy another company's chassis kit and spend close to another $150- $200 to fix the manufactures mistakes. Like Merciless said, don't diss a kit if you can't find anything wrong with it. I would gladly pay and extra $40-$50 for perfection.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

So with this many replies has any decision been made....?
Old 06-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like they are off the subject.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

vadn1

Sorry dude there will NEVER be a correct answer to this question !

The thread only really shows what people think to the two cars !!

And even then 3/4 of the people may like one, you go buy it and then find you bought the wrong one when you can drive your mates new ride better than yours !!

It's all about personel preference
Old 06-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

no i am still as undecided as i was before i started the thread lol

I was settled on the xray
Till last race meet when some guys showed up with pro4s...
Old 06-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Get the X-RAY, it's 'virtually'* bulletproof. I think it's my next car.

*'virtually' meaning, - until you break it
no but seriously, it's a very well made kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.